Recent Topics

Ads

Return of Reckoning, an abusive love

Let's talk about... everything else
billyk

Re: Return of Reckoning, an abusive love

Post#11 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:35 am

blackfyre06 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:01 am "At the moment balance is a little bit more in the favor of Destruction"

Never ever start a serious thread about resolving problems into the game by something like that. Wether it's true or not is not important but it just shows your bias and discredit the rest of your proposals.
If it's true, it's not biased lol.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#12 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:31 am

Gier wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:57 pm
Class Balance
These outliers would be Squigs, Shamans, WH/WE, Chosens, Goblins.
LOL

PS: squigs+ shamans + goblins?? are there new classes in the game now?

Everdin

Post#13 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:59 am

About class balance:

First of all, I'm not a destro only player, mostly on order. After clarifying this, you said you have no idea about the classes or what the problem is, so your only experience is "they are killing me so they must be stronger classes". That perfectly fits in your own comment about "trying to live out a power fantasy", for you think the only way other player can beat you is about stronger classes themself. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are balance issues on both sides, but as long as yout can't address them, you shouldn't talk about them, like you wrote "... for it seems nothing constructive really comes for it" regarding the forum.

Do the extra work and figure out whats wrong, otherwise it's just a complain hidden in a wall of text.

The only real problem about balance:
Your second topic is 100% true, problem is the distribution of classes across one realm, not the comparsion realm vs realm

About premades:
"A lot of people view SCs a premade 6 man game play outlet, but that was never the original design for that content..."
It was, from the beginning, you could always que with a grp and it was part of the game, just because it don't fit your comfort zone, doesn't meen it's not what it suppose to be. Regarding the "Firstly, premades should never be pitted or qued against solo, duo, or tri-man groups" problem, I played a lot of SC with my healer the last week and beside event and others SC there was one out of a lot scenarios a pug sc, as long as the smallman and solos not even try to que for the content made for them, there is no reason to think about splitting this. If they would constantly que only Nordenwatch (as boring as it might be) it would show the devs the urgency of putting more effort in this topic. The other problem is, where would you start to kick people in front of the train? Is it okay if 3 man are qued with premades? Should pug only be for 1 player? Could it be unfair enough to play solo against groups of 3? Is 4 people worth fighting double premades? Should there be seperate ques for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 man groups? How to get your weekend quest if only one SC is open the whole weekend? There is no right way to solve this.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Dajciekrwi

Post#14 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:08 am

Alithrik, i watch You in some actions in Dragon Wake. I think it was a wendesday, You was a solo WL, who attack a WE and my marauder.
Problem in balance is not: Destro > Order, or Order> Destro.
Problem is completely unbalanced small and solo scale fight.
Solo guy jumping in War is perma melted by WE , Shammies, or Witch Hunters.
Till today ONE a ONLY answer is : get to the wb!
But population is smaller and smaller with every week ..........

Akalukz

Post#15 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:28 pm

Everdin wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:59 am
Spoiler:
About class balance:

First of all, I'm not a destro only player, mostly on order. After clarifying this, you said you have no idea about the classes or what the problem is, so your only experience is "they are killing me so they must be stronger classes". That perfectly fits in your own comment about "trying to live out a power fantasy", for you think the only way other player can beat you is about stronger classes themself. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are balance issues on both sides, but as long as yout can't address them, you shouldn't talk about them, like you wrote "... for it seems nothing constructive really comes for it" regarding the forum.

Do the extra work and figure out whats wrong, otherwise it's just a complain hidden in a wall of text.

The only real problem about balance:
Your second topic is 100% true, problem is the distribution of classes across one realm, not the comparsion realm vs realm

About premades:
"A lot of people view SCs a premade 6 man game play outlet, but that was never the original design for that content..."
It was, from the beginning, you could always que with a grp and it was part of the game, just because it don't fit your comfort zone, doesn't meen it's not what it suppose to be. Regarding
Spoiler:
the "Firstly, premades should never be pitted or qued against solo, duo, or tri-man groups" problem, I played a lot of SC with my healer the last week and beside event and others SC there was one out of a lot scenarios a pug sc, as long as the smallman and solos not even try to que for the content made for them, there is no reason to think about splitting this. If they would constantly que only Nordenwatch (as boring as it might be) it would show the devs the urgency of putting more effort in this topic. The other problem is, where would you start to kick people in front of the train? Is it okay if 3 man are qued with premades? Should pug only be for 1 player? Could it be unfair enough to play solo against groups of 3? Is 4 people worth fighting double premades? Should there be seperate ques for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 man groups? How to get your weekend quest if only one SC is open the whole weekend? There is no right way to solve this.
no, you couldn't queue as a group from the start. It was quickly fixed, but it wasn't that way to begin with. Class balance/realm balance --- will never be good. What they should look into doing is buff/nerfing to change the meta up on a semi-annual basis.
-= Agony =-

nebelwerfer

Post#16 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:39 pm

:o lost me at the 6man powerfantasy personal issue

geezereur

Post#17 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:37 pm

GorkaBorka wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:31 am The current "Pugs vs 6 man premades" paradigm is just bad and should not exist if devs wish any good to their own server. In my mind it's just a horrendous concept.
Especially during events it sometimes becomes unbearable. It's just not fun and not interesting.
I would not mind if there was more pug scs even solos q up for all if they wanna get any pop at all.

jbrutal

Post#18 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:20 pm

the sc premades are my number 1 problem always been, yeah sure i can find a group but why must i go throught tryhard mode for some casual fun. Force to play a t1 scenario and premades still abuse this queue
Last edited by jbrutal on Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Detangler

Post#19 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:17 pm

jbrutal wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:20 pm the sc premades are my number 1 problem always been, yeah sure i can find a group but why must i go throught tryhard mode for some casual fun. Force to play a t1 scenario the is boring and premades abuse this queue sometimes too
1. Finish a scenario
2. type /5 (class) renown rank (your renown rank) LF Scenario/roam group
3. Wait 30 seconds
4. Queue scenarios or repeat step 2-3 1 to two times. Could even repeat while waiting for a scenario to pop.
5. Join a pug premade.
6. When done, type "thanks for group, gotta go! RL stuffs"
7. (bonus) make a new friend!

Its really, really not hard to do. Like, I've joined plenty of groups, had something come up, and had to log off 1-2 scenarios later. People don't get upset. They dont blacklist you. They get it, move on, and try to find someone else to replace you for the next round. We all are a lot older than when this game came out. We possibly have more little children to watch out for or needy spouses that want to watch a show together suddenly.

Try it. I swear its not that scary.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

jbrutal

Post#20 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:32 pm

Detangler wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:17 pm
jbrutal wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:20 pm the sc premades are my number 1 problem always been, yeah sure i can find a group but why must i go throught tryhard mode for some casual fun. Force to play a t1 scenario the is boring and premades abuse this queue sometimes too
1. Finish a scenario
2. type /5 (class) renown rank (your renown rank) LF Scenario/roam group
3. Wait 30 seconds
4. Queue scenarios or repeat step 2-3 1 to two times. Could even repeat while waiting for a scenario to pop.
5. Join a pug premade.
6. When done, type "thanks for group, gotta go! RL stuffs"
7. (bonus) make a new friend!

Its really, really not hard to do. Like, I've joined plenty of groups, had something come up, and had to log off 1-2 scenarios later. People don't get upset. They dont blacklist you. They get it, move on, and try to find someone else to replace you for the next round. We all are a lot older than when this game came out. We possibly have more little children to watch out for or needy spouses that want to watch a show together suddenly.

Try it. I swear its not that scary.
who said it was hard? maybe read better ok