Recent Topics

Ads

Purple or Gold?

Let's talk about... everything else
jintogens

Purple or Gold?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:10 am

Today I got my first Massive Loot Bag and got 3 Purple Items and a Gold Item to choose from. I really don't know which is best..

Ads
Fenris78

Re: Purple or Gold?

Post#2 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:09 am

jintogens wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:10 am Today I got my first Massive Loot Bag and got 3 Purple Items and a Gold Item to choose from. I really don't know which is best..
Gold items are usually better than purple since they got slightly higher stats, and more importantly, are part of armor sets ; they give you set bonuses for equipping more than one piece of same set, and completing all set pieces will unlock you a "ward", wich is a prerequisite to equip the upper-level armor sets.

Wards can be unlocked equipping one gold armor piece of similar level in each available armor slot, being gear from PvE or PvP activites, as long they are in the same "tier" ; as such, you can can unlock the first ward by equiping Decimator chest (PvP) and Hunter's boots (PvE), or vice-versa ; you wont got the set bonus, but you will be able to equip the next level gear, and so on.

Also, most Gold items allow you to slot a talisman in them, to increase their stat bonuses, purple items usually are not slottable in early levels.

However at low level, massive bag can hold unusual purple items (those you wont find in early sets, like belts, shoulders, helmet and cloaks - sometime rings too), and when you already own all the set pieces (one random piece in gold bags), you already can choose a purple item to complete your armor slots.

space44

Re: Purple or Gold?

Post#3 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:27 pm

purple gear from RvR bags are for minmaxing a specific stat ex: a 2H lvl 38 melee weapon has 70+ str
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.