Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa Pull, fix or delete it?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Choppa Pull, fix or delete it?

Post#131 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:40 pm

Earthcake wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:30 pm Yes, you r right, as everybody will tell you, order got an overabundance of tanks and destro r all rdps...
And still nothing stops an order rdps player to create a tank to be useful for their realm. Or a healer, if there is a lack of certain classes. No dev work can fix selfish behavior or mindsets of "I want to play class x, no matter what and the game has to make it fair for me".
Dying is no option.

Ads
Araco

Post#132 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:43 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:00 am Slayer rampage is easy to counter cause you can just shatter the enchantment, right?

Just interrupt the Choppa when he's spamming GtdC - the animation is pretty obvious. Its that easy to counter, right?
They are in a fantasy wold, in their minds is harder.

Earthcake

Post#133 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:59 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:40 pm
Earthcake wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:30 pm Yes, you r right, as everybody will tell you, order got an overabundance of tanks and destro r all rdps...
And still nothing stops an order rdps player to create a tank to be useful for their realm. Or a healer, if there is a lack of certain classes. No dev work can fix selfish behavior or mindsets of "I want to play class x, no matter what and the game has to make it fair for me".
lol

billyk

Post#134 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:49 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:40 pm And still nothing stops an order rdps player to create a tank to be useful for their realm. Or a healer, if there is a lack of certain classes. No dev work can fix selfish behavior or mindsets of "I want to play class x, no matter what and the game has to make it fair for me".
Why do you think Order rolls rdps in the first place? Order tanks and heals suck.
Order basically has 1 healer - runie. WP and AM are weird hybrid DPS classes with not much utility compared to DoK or Shammy.
Order tanks are an aurabot (Knight), a tough DPS without mobility (SM) and a clunky, complicated tank (IB).

Alikchi

Post#135 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:49 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:40 pm Why do you think Order rolls rdps in the first place? Order tanks and heals suck.
Order basically has 1 healer - runie. WP and AM are weird hybrid DPS classes with not much utility compared to DoK or Shammy.
Order tanks are an aurabot (Knight), a tough DPS without mobility (SM) and a clunky, complicated tank (IB).
Did something Drastic change in the last 2 years I've been gone??
WP hands down the best healer.
Order has a lot of range because Bright wizards are strong.
KoBS have great utility(along with auras), but people dont like having wet noodle dam.
SMs are insane bang for buck with WW.

Back on topic;
seems development has always been about homogenizing the archetype mirrors. just give gtdc to slayers and rampage to chops. then we can start arguing on a new topic for the first time in 5 years.

facundo7777

Post#136 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:17 pm

What?
Everyone should pick class which gives him/her fun at first place instead of class which is needed.
Then More balance from each specific class pov will automatically gives more balance at the end and allows ppl to play in different compositions than one way meta

Yshra

Post#137 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:24 pm

So all order are selfish and all destro are generous, and people dont have to play for fun or what they like... There are obviously reasons for that. I hope devs dont have this level of analyse.

lumpi33

Post#138 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:13 pm

Why force people to roll a class they don't wanna play? Beside that the system would balance itself if certain ranged dps classes - that are currently underperforming - could actually harm that melee blobs. At the moment the melees only laugh at most of the ranged dps and shrug it off. Ofc everybody wants to play melee then. You can stack the aoe damage, you have higher armor, great utility and it's easier to guard them. Add stupid things like GTDC, rampage, vanish and stuff and they are superior to most ranged dps.

New players also roll what they want to play and not what is needed. They don't know which classes are good or bad, they just roll what they like. By the time they notice that their SW/Engi is actually bad compared to the rest they have already spend tons of hours and just quit out of frustration again. That's exactly what happened to https://www.twitch.tv/lev_ornstein who was a newcomer and streamer and rolled an SW and now left again.

Something is very off when things like that happen. For some reason nobody wants to see that or keeps ignoring it. You don't have to be Einstein to see that this is very bad for the population.

To close the circle and come back to the topic: Removing/nerfing certain stupid things people complain a lot and closing the power gap between certain classes to make them viable again would be a good step into the right direction. Being forced to roll tanks and choppas/slayers are the wrong direction.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#139 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:14 am

To get this straight, there are user here who expect the game to be balanced in a sense that warbands with 4 tanks, 3 healer and 17 DPS classes beat warbands, which are more balanced?!
That you have a chance to win no matter what in a game with strict roles and no self-sufficient classes (outside of 1vs1) like in e.g. Guild Wars.
You don't have the same chances of winning, if you play whatever you want in a pug context, when everyone else does the same.

@billyk: Quit the order healer/tank are bad nonsense.
Dying is no option.

Earthcake

Post#140 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:01 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:14 am To get this straight, there are user here who expect the game to be balanced in a sense that warbands with 4 tanks, 3 healer and 17 DPS classes beat warbands, which are more balanced?!
That you have a chance to win no matter what in a game with strict roles and no self-sufficient classes (outside of 1vs1) like in e.g. Guild Wars.
You don't have the same chances of winning, if you play whatever you want in a pug context, when everyone else does the same.

@billyk: Quit the order healer/tank are bad nonsense.
You know that the same players play both sides right ?

Yet on one side they play tanks, on the other side they don't, what could possibly be the reason ??! :roll: