Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa Pull, fix or delete it?

Let's talk about... everything else
Everdin

Re: Choppa Pull, fix or delete it?

Post#61 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:48 am

Tyrodan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:39 am
Everdin wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:04 am As a healer and range dps you have to stand still from time to time and some abilitys are on lower range (e.g. 60 feet). While 20 feet difference is quickly gone while you use an ability, the choppa also have the speed advantage while using gtdc. So if you say "just do nothing with your range class and best is to stay on mount for speed", yes you are right. If you are able to think a little bit out of your "green is gud" mindset you would at least not write such bullshit.
Weak argument. In an organised setting you still have a guarding tank as a dd. If you don't, you are pugging. Not the choppas fault you are not using the tools available. About the healer: they tend to have 150 feet range. More than enough not to get caught. WP offspec might be at a disadvantage, but there are plenty of offspecs that don't work in a wb setting. No foundation to remove GTDC.

Conclusion is: You have the tools available to reduce GTDC to a nuisance, but you rather chose to ask for a removal of said skill because its inconvenient.
You can avoid any discussion about dps classes with the argument that you have guard and heal, and if you are not able to use them properly its your fault. Regarding the healers, i have no idea if you ever played one, but you also have some stuff your group could use like silence/stagge/ap drain. I play healer on both sides, and while i'm not saying my positioning is perfect, playing destro healer is much more easy because you don't have to maintain 100ft range all the time. If you tell me you are able to keep your party alive while always be on max range I don't believe you any word.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Butzinjo

Post#62 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:02 am

Everdin wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:42 am
Butzinjo wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:17 am
JohnnyWayne wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:03 am
I'm down to remove GTDC and give them some equivalent to slayer. If you want Rampage, you will have to sacrifice destro tanks superiority compared to order tanks. Also down for that, makes things more even.

Can someone explain me why destro-tanks are so superior compared to order tanks? I Really don´t know, i have to play mostly healer.

Plz only in short terms:
Something like BO hast cd-reduce - oh wait...
don´t talk about the great punt he has since a few patches

or BG has a recommended viable shield-spec.

P.s. If u wana see an Tank melting like ice in a volcano, come destro and join a keepfunnel. Last seen yesterday in Praag.
Bringing a bug to a balance discussion is some kind of weired. Also "Destro tanks are weak because we died one time yesterday" is a statement without any value. In one post you first say you have no clue about tanks and the rest of the post is complaining about tanks.
Yes, u´re right.

But ur Post doesn´t explain why destro tanks are so much superior, too. ;)

At least i would say "tanks are nearly even"

JohnnyWayne

Post#63 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:12 am

I'm down to remove GTDC and give them some equivalent to slayer. If you want Rampage, you will have to sacrifice destro tanks superiority compared to order tanks. Also down for that, makes things more even.

Can someone explain me why destro-tanks are so superior compared to order tanks? I Really don´t know, i have to play mostly healer.
Plz only in short terms:

P.s. If u wana see an Tank melting like ice in a volcano, come destro and join a keepfunnel. Last seen yesterday in Praag.
The way tanks on each side are designed. Destro tanks bring higher defensive where as order tanks focus a bit more on dishing out some damage. Basically, destro tanks fit their role better.

Also, I'm not saying GTDC is the real problem. I stated that before and will say again: What happens during air time is the issue. You get interrupted, pulled / punted out of position, maybe directly into a melee blob. Probably directly into one. It is a "I delete u" button in larger fights and if I can trust people around here useless in smaller scale. Still, you have no defensives during flight, you can be sorced with no chance of defending - even stuns are not as bad. Personally I'd rather hand choppa a skill that is useful in more / all situations but not as buggy, random and one sided. Also fix the defensives thing (way more important).

Tyrodan

Post#64 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:35 am

Everdin wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:48 am You can avoid any discussion about dps classes with the argument that you have guard and heal, and if you are not able to use them properly its your fault. Regarding the healers, i have no idea if you ever played one, but you also have some stuff your group could use like silence/stagge/ap drain. I play healer on both sides, and while i'm not saying my positioning is perfect, playing destro healer is much more easy because you don't have to maintain 100ft range all the time. If you tell me you are able to keep your party alive while always be on max range I don't believe you any word.
I just told you, how you can reliably prevent exploding in the meatgrinder and you just dismissed it, because it didn't suit you. Regarding the healers: its funny that you mention it, because I too play healers excessively and I find healing much more difficult on destro side than when I still mained my rp.

Back then I also never had any issues with GTDC. I don't know if I played max range all the time, because of 80 feet master runes, but I certainly never had much problems avoiding choppa pulls. I also never found choppa pulls much troublesome for my teammates as I usually played in an organised setting. The only people that exploded after being pulled in the meatgrinder were stupid pugging legolas gits without guard, that played aoe spec and got too cocky.

I'm also playing wh for some time now and the only time I get caught with GTDC is when I get too greedy and want to finish an already hurt destro player too close to the blob, even though I have no pull immunity. But that's literally greed and <IQ 80 gameplay on my side, not some overtuned ability.

Of course from your perspective I could just be some evil lying destro ****, but luckily there's a solution: this forum has a well stocked media section with plenty of video footage from organised guilds like Nightmare and others. If GTDC is as disruptive to gameplay as you state, you should have no trouble finding plenty of video evidence of people getting pulled and consecutively stomped in the meatgrinder for both order (somewhere in the background) and destro videos. Show me parts where this ability is systematically used to wipe toons and you get me to shut up.

My assumption: you will only find some rare anecdotal scene where this happens, if you find any at all.

Everdin

Post#65 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:55 am

Tyrodan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:35 am
Everdin wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:48 am You can avoid any discussion about dps classes with the argument that you have guard and heal, and if you are not able to use them properly its your fault. Regarding the healers, i have no idea if you ever played one, but you also have some stuff your group could use like silence/stagge/ap drain. I play healer on both sides, and while i'm not saying my positioning is perfect, playing destro healer is much more easy because you don't have to maintain 100ft range all the time. If you tell me you are able to keep your party alive while always be on max range I don't believe you any word.
I just told you, how you can reliably prevent exploding in the meatgrinder and you just dismissed it, because it didn't suit you. Regarding the healers: its funny that you mention it, because I too play healers excessively and I find healing much more difficult on destro side than when I still mained my rp.

Back then I also never had any issues with GTDC. I don't know if I played max range all the time, because of 80 feet master runes, but I certainly never had much problems avoiding choppa pulls. I also never found choppa pulls much troublesome for my teammates as I usually played in an organised setting. The only people that exploded after being pulled in the meatgrinder were stupid pugging legolas gits without guard, that played aoe spec and got too cocky.

I'm also playing wh for some time now and the only time I get caught with GTDC is when I get too greedy and want to finish an already hurt destro player too close to the blob, even though I have no pull immunity. But that's literally greed and <IQ 80 gameplay on my side, not some overtuned ability.

Of course from your perspective I could just be some evil lying destro ****, but luckily there's a solution: this forum has a well stocked media section with plenty of video footage from organised guilds like Nightmare and others. If GTDC is as disruptive to gameplay as you state, you should have no trouble finding plenty of video evidence of people getting pulled and consecutively stomped in the meatgrinder for both order (somewhere in the background) and destro videos. Show me parts where this ability is systematically used to wipe toons and you get me to shut up.

My assumption: you will only find some rare anecdotal scene where this happens, if you find any at all.
Of course you can survive getting pulled, you can survive rampage, so no more discussion on these topics?

You will find videos where no choppa is in sight and order die, you will find videos where no slayer is in sight and destro die, you will find videos with a bunch of slayers killing other warbands, you will find videos with gtdc spamming choppas not killing anything, you will find videos where people pulled by gtdc die. You wont find any video that PROVES anything because it all depends on the context and who your enemy is. You wont find a lot of order smallscale video where you see someone die in gtdc, people often not showing bad times in videos. While you bring some unicorn 24vs24 fights as argument, there are often fights where you have to retreat because of 24vs48, and at this point gtdc is the most stupid ez-mode prevention of order pulling out of a fight. The smaller the scale the more this is a factor.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#66 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:07 am

For that order will have to sacrifice their heal superiority compared to destro....mostly after the best destro healdebuff was nerfed into oblivion years ago...

Everdin

Post#67 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:13 am

emiliorv wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:07 am
For that order will have to sacrifice their heal superiority compared to destro....mostly after the best destro healdebuff was nerfed into oblivion years ago...
Shame that destro dont have aoe healdebuff on every dot tic from dok anymore :-/.
#AllClassesMatter

― John Burroughs

Tyrodan

Post#68 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:16 am

Everdin wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:55 am Of course you can survive getting pulled, you can survive rampage, so no more discussion on these topics?

You will find videos where no choppa is in sight and order die, you will find videos where no slayer is in sight and destro die, you will find videos with a bunch of slayers killing other warbands, you will find videos with gtdc spamming choppas not killing anything, you will find videos where people pulled by gtdc die. You wont find any video that PROVES anything because it all depends on the context and who your enemy is. You wont find a lot of order smallscale video where you see someone die in gtdc, people often not showing bad times in videos. While you bring some unicorn 24vs24 fights as argument, there are often fights where you have to retreat because of 24vs48, and at this point gtdc is the most stupid ez-mode prevention of order pulling out of a fight. The smaller the scale the more this is a factor.
So to sum it up:
- Choppa pull is super op to kill people, but magically there's not really much video evidence even on destro side, also it is usally not op in unicorn 24 vs 24 fights (which balance usually revolves around)
- Choppa pull is super op to catch some more fleeing oponents when the fight is already lost because of enemy number superiority

Just to make this clear: Everdin agrees, that choppa pull is only ever useful in certain situations or when the fight is already lost. He also refuses to provide any form of proof, other than his personal opinion. And this boys is the basis on which we discuss a choppa nerf.

Ads
Everdin

Post#69 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:24 am

Butzinjo wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:02 am
Everdin wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:42 am

Plz only in short terms:

Bringing a bug to a balance discussion is some kind of weired. Also "Destro tanks are weak because we died one time yesterday" is a statement without any value. In one post you first say you have no clue about tanks and the rest of the post is complaining about tanks.
Yes, u´re right.

But ur Post doesn´t explain why destro tanks are so much superior, too. ;)

At least i would say "tanks are nearly even"
Why should i have to explain what other people say? I can only reliable compare BG and IB, there are some threads explaining the difference starting by superior ressource management and goes to more valuable (compareable) abilitys. This whole issue would open too much side discussion here, but if you want we can talk about this seperately.

While Chosen not giving up too much defense (if any) the damage is much higher then kotbs, other then this i can not say too much about utility, but they seem to be very close regarding this.
And to catch up with you on bringen bugs to balance discussions, stay focused + focused mending still bugs if you witch weapons for over a half year (at least), Chosen auras work fine!
#AllClassesMatter

― John Burroughs

JohnnyWayne

Post#70 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:36 am

Tyrodan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:16 am
Everdin wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:55 am Of course you can survive getting pulled, you can survive rampage, so no more discussion on these topics?

So to sum it up:
- Choppa pull is super op to kill people, but magically there's not really much video evidence even on destro side, also it is usally not op in unicorn 24 vs 24 fights (which balance usually revolves around)
- Choppa pull is super op to catch some more fleeing oponents when the fight is already lost because of enemy number superiority

Just to make this clear: Everdin agrees, that choppa pull is only ever useful in certain situations or when the fight is already lost. He also refuses to provide any form of proof, other than his personal opinion. And this boys is the basis on which we discuss a choppa nerf.
You are laying words into people's mouths whereas your "arguments" are built in a extremely toxic way. If you don't have anything productive to contribute, please refrain from adding your toxic waste to discussions.

I think this thread has outlived it's purpose, people like that will just jump in and derail any discussion.