Recent Topics

Ads

Kobts/Chosen rework ideas

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Community Management

penagos22
Posts: 206

Kobts/Chosen rework ideas

Post#1 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:06 pm

first of all, as always sorry for the english

It is strange for no one to feel that the kobts and the chosen one lack something, after the nerfs the two classes lack something and it is a little more gameplay and identity.

1. myrmidia´s fury/relentless:

for me the skills that require channeling are the most fun and something very unique in the game, so it is a shame that this pair of skills are in a situation that is not good, although it is good to clarify that relentless is not so bad as its counterpart since it does spirit damage, to solve this problem it seems to me that these skills should provide more than damage and have a mechanic more corresponding to that of tanks, obviously respecting the general idea that there should be mirrors but not necessarily same that is what in the end gives this different touch to the game.

suggestion:

myrimidia´s fury: being respectful of the soul or the general idea of ​​the conquest path which is to destroy your enemies, I suggest that this ability, in addition to doing damage, apply a debuff to the target that increases the damage received while the ability is channeled into it, this debuff can be between 30% and 50% depending on what the devs consider balanced.

complement: efficient swings is a tactic that seems useful on paper but due to how little damage the kobts can currently apply it's not very useful, so I suggest this tactic complement myrmidia's fury by allowing kobts that use most of your points on this path are rewarded.

tip: change the effect of efficient swings to:

option 1: while myrmidia's fury is channeled increase the parry chance of the kobts in a percentage between 30% and 50%, this is because the kobts while channeling myrmidia's fury cannot perform more actions unlike the chosen while it has the effect of suppression.

Option 2: While myrmidia's fury is channeled it will cleanse the target's enhancements.


relentless: in my opinion it is a fairly strong skill because it deals spirit damage and with the easy that the chosen can build offensively without sacrificing many defensive stats but even so it lacks something that makes it juicier

Suggestion: In addition to dealing damage, this ability while it is being cast will apply a debuff on the target which will reduce the damage done by it by %50, this is because despite being a powerful effect, it is not as strong as increasing the damage That's why he received the 50% flat, in addition to integrating the mechanics of the old crippling strikes to the chosen dread kit.


runefang/demonclaw: I think this pair of tactics should be the same in both and belong to the general tactics of both classes.

suggestion: changing the respective effects to each time the chosen or the kobts perform a parry increases the damage done by 20% and reduces the damage taken by 20%.

staggering impact/rending blade:

The main problem with these two abilities is that they don't seem to be the last tier of their respective paths so I suggest giving them a bit more power.

staggering impact: I think it is an ability that because of its CD is not very satisfactory.

suggestion: change the cd to 10 seconds and also that the effects of both damage and utility last 5 seconds.

rending blade: like relentless this ability is good but it lacks that juicy effect.

suggestion: increase the cd to 10 seconds and reduce the damage done by the targets hit by 5%, again integrating the old mechanics of crippling strikes.

path of glory/discord

I think both are paths that just need a couple of changes to be more viable.

mighty soul: I think it should come back but with its old effect, which would give the path of glory the damage it should have, in addition to being respectful of the nature of the abilities, since if we carefully observe each time any ability of this path is used the sword lights up in fire plus they all use flames.

Hint: Mighty Soul: All Path of Glory abilities now deal elemental damage.

tzeentch's reflection: I think that being a diving tank it should be able to stand on its own for a longer time, for that I think that tzeentch's reflection should have more synergy with siphoned energy, for which the chosen should disrupt skills continuously.

suggestion: increase the disrupt granted by tzeentch's reflection to 40%, remove the silence effect and deal damage to the attacker instead.


thats its, muchas gracias.

Ads
User avatar
Aethilmar
Posts: 485

Re: Kobts/Chosen rework ideas

Post#2 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:40 pm

These are almost all straight buffs. So what do they give up to get this new DPS goodness?

Both are the best WB tanks around so if you give them something you need to take something or the other tanks fall further behind.

penagos22
Posts: 206

Re: Kobts/Chosen rework ideas

Post#3 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:39 am

Aethilmar wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:40 pm
These are almost all straight buffs. So what do they give up to get this new DPS goodness?

Both are the best WB tanks around so if you give them something you need to take something or the other tanks fall further behind.
well you are talking about the snb spec imtalking about the 2h specs

User avatar
sharpblader
Posts: 278

Re: Kobts/Chosen rework ideas

Post#4 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:13 am

Any stat modifier for increasing damage done, decreasing damage taken and increasing/decreasing defense must be carefully analyzed before integration. Even a 5% change can make or break a class mostly because it is not only you that is affected by it.

Myrmidias Fury: A damage increaser of 30-50% on the target does not sound feasible as it will probably guarantee a kill if everyone hits the Knights target. I like the idea of it shattering enchantments like the Marauder but it will probably not be implemented for the same reason Destroy Confidence was removed. A parry increase while channeling seems too much as the Knight will drastically reduce any guard damage it recieves.

Relentless: A 50% flat reduction in damage done is too much considering the low CD of the ability. One of the role of a tank is to control the battlefield. With this it would guarantee the shut down of critical enemy dps.

Runefang/Daemonclaw: Again, the modifier seems too much, especially if it stacks with other existing modifiers, with a very high uptime.

needforsneed
Posts: 10

Re: Kobts/Chosen rework ideas

Post#5 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:14 am

why change something that is fine?

User avatar
Toggle
Posts: 241

Re: Kobts/Chosen rework ideas

Post#6 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:10 am

penagos22 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:06 pm
first of all, as always sorry for the english

It is strange for no one to feel that the kobts and the chosen one lack something, after the nerfs the two classes lack something and it is a little more gameplay and identity.

1. myrmidia´s fury/relentless:

for me the skills that require channeling are the most fun and something very unique in the game, so it is a shame that this pair of skills are in a situation that is not good, although it is good to clarify that relentless is not so bad as its counterpart since it does spirit damage, to solve this problem it seems to me that these skills should provide more than damage and have a mechanic more corresponding to that of tanks, obviously respecting the general idea that there should be mirrors but not necessarily same that is what in the end gives this different touch to the game.

suggestion:

myrimidia´s fury: being respectful of the soul or the general idea of ​​the conquest path which is to destroy your enemies, I suggest that this ability, in addition to doing damage, apply a debuff to the target that increases the damage received while the ability is channeled into it, this debuff can be between 30% and 50% depending on what the devs consider balanced.

complement: efficient swings is a tactic that seems useful on paper but due to how little damage the kobts can currently apply it's not very useful, so I suggest this tactic complement myrmidia's fury by allowing kobts that use most of your points on this path are rewarded.

tip: change the effect of efficient swings to:

option 1: while myrmidia's fury is channeled increase the parry chance of the kobts in a percentage between 30% and 50%, this is because the kobts while channeling myrmidia's fury cannot perform more actions unlike the chosen while it has the effect of suppression.

Option 2: While myrmidia's fury is channeled it will cleanse the target's enhancements.


relentless: in my opinion it is a fairly strong skill because it deals spirit damage and with the easy that the chosen can build offensively without sacrificing many defensive stats but even so it lacks something that makes it juicier

Suggestion: In addition to dealing damage, this ability while it is being cast will apply a debuff on the target which will reduce the damage done by it by %50, this is because despite being a powerful effect, it is not as strong as increasing the damage That's why he received the 50% flat, in addition to integrating the mechanics of the old crippling strikes to the chosen dread kit.


runefang/demonclaw: I think this pair of tactics should be the same in both and belong to the general tactics of both classes.

suggestion: changing the respective effects to each time the chosen or the kobts perform a parry increases the damage done by 20% and reduces the damage taken by 20%.

staggering impact/rending blade:

The main problem with these two abilities is that they don't seem to be the last tier of their respective paths so I suggest giving them a bit more power.

staggering impact: I think it is an ability that because of its CD is not very satisfactory.

suggestion: change the cd to 10 seconds and also that the effects of both damage and utility last 5 seconds.

rending blade: like relentless this ability is good but it lacks that juicy effect.

suggestion: increase the cd to 10 seconds and reduce the damage done by the targets hit by 5%, again integrating the old mechanics of crippling strikes.

path of glory/discord

I think both are paths that just need a couple of changes to be more viable.

mighty soul: I think it should come back but with its old effect, which would give the path of glory the damage it should have, in addition to being respectful of the nature of the abilities, since if we carefully observe each time any ability of this path is used the sword lights up in fire plus they all use flames.

Hint: Mighty Soul: All Path of Glory abilities now deal elemental damage.

tzeentch's reflection: I think that being a diving tank it should be able to stand on its own for a longer time, for that I think that tzeentch's reflection should have more synergy with siphoned energy, for which the chosen should disrupt skills continuously.

suggestion: increase the disrupt granted by tzeentch's reflection to 40%, remove the silence effect and deal damage to the attacker instead.


thats its, muchas gracias.
I think the instant buffs/debuffs would a little much for Relentless/Fury. Instead, what about having them build throughout the channel? That would provide the opportunity for counterplay via KD/interrupt/disarm, etc. For example, each hit would increase parry chance by X%, and then the buff would last X number of seconds based on how long the skill was channeled.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

User avatar
Battlefield
Posts: 296

Re: Kobts/Chosen rework ideas

Post#7 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:22 am

penagos22 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:06 pm
suggestion:

myrimidia´s fury: being respectful of the soul or the general idea of ​​the conquest path which is to destroy your enemies, I suggest that this ability, in addition to doing damage, apply a debuff to the target that increases the damage received while the ability is channeled into it, this debuff can be between 30% and 50% depending on what the devs consider balanced.
Needs more armor penetration than % of damage


Ads
User avatar
Aethilmar
Posts: 485

Re: Kobts/Chosen rework ideas

Post#9 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:33 pm

penagos22 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:39 am
Aethilmar wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:40 pm
These are almost all straight buffs. So what do they give up to get this new DPS goodness?

Both are the best WB tanks around so if you give them something you need to take something or the other tanks fall further behind.
well you are talking about the snb spec imtalking about the 2h specs
I'm really not. 2H Chosen and, to a lesser extent, 2H Knight are everywhere already. People are playing them for a reason.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ysaran and 13 guests