Recent Topics

Ads

What could we do to change the lack of balance between factions?

Let's talk about... everything else
Shogun4138

Re: What could we do to change the lack of balance between factions?

Post#41 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:10 pm

Its mainly population. This swings both ways depending on time zone. Now, of course one side population advantage can go much longer than the other. Also, xrealming does happen.

Can we just add pve mobs when a side gets Aao? Maybe like lotd pve mobs that spawn and roam or at least spawn in the keep? This could even out numbers, maybe not change the outcome but even it out.

Just an idea and that's what we are looking for, ideas.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Ads
Tyrodan

Post#42 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:53 pm

Earthcake wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:59 pm I never died before the dps, you don't HAVE to invest everything into parry if you know it will be mostly useless.
So the tank implodes even faster because now everyones damage against the guardee is undefendable for the tank? This is so dumb, you should be a realm champion.

Minisynn

Post#43 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:50 pm

Garamore wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:26 am EU prime time needs some more destro wb leaders. Order have Gimlie, Bene, CNTK, LNM, FE, Smash as a core +xrealmers. Destro get HoB (start late) and FMJ (log early) +xrealmers. Even when numbers look even its pretty much 1 org wb vs 5. If the 5 don't separate or stay in keeps it makes for a super boring night. Even in a funnel in a keep/fort you cant defend with 1 org wb vs 5.

We also need destro to join the guilds of people who want to lead wbs. We all know anything but 2-2-2 groups in rvr is just like clubbing seals to an organised wb. At least with 2-2-2 you will stay up a bit longer.
This is definitely super noticeable, especially since Just Respawn went on break. Seems like 95% of the time the only destro 24mans we're facing are HoB, FMJ, or Perdutoi's pug WBs, and RvR feels to me these days like it just goes to whichever side has the xrealm guilds on in a given night, unless there's an extreme number disparity lol
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

kakaonutella

Post#44 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:31 pm

Panel wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:51 am
kakaonutella wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:25 am I'd say, let's start from this one
So if you don't use block/parry as a defensive mechanism rampage has no effect- i thought it helped mow down whole wbs - and if you do use block/parry and are more than 5ft from the slayer it also has no effect. meanwhile GTDC has a 40ft range and effects everyone
Are you trying to argument, that if you don't use block/parry - Which nearly every Front liner has, so basically you deny the frontline - you are fine? what kind of argument is that. This skill for sure doesn't work for rangeds, because they do not parry, but the idea of it is to chop frontline to get to backline and obliterate them, no?

GTDC grants immunity to pulls and punts. If used incorrectly it is a detriment. Rampage grants no immunity. Rampage used incorrectly has no negative effect.

GTDC is a 13-point ability, lasts for 6 seconds on a 20 second cooldown (downtime of 14 seconds), only affects 6 enemies, and is channeled. Rampage is a 5-point ability, lasting for 10 or 20 seconds on a 30 second cooldown (downtime of 10 or 20 seconds), affects up to 24 targets, and is instant.

GTDC can mess up positioning momentarily. GTDC is a mild annoyance when running away. Rampage makes all of the slayer's damage undefendable. Rampage can wreck anyone (and 23 others) in front of the slayer.

As a tank, the idea that I'm supposed to not face a melee dps class is absolutely idiotic. I will die before the teammate I am guarding, because the rampage damage is undefendable. So while my teammate is getting hit for half of the slayer's damage, I take the other half and the damage intended for me.

Could we do a swap for two weeks and see the results? Pull me in and give me punt immunity. That'll really mess me up as a tank. I'll be totally gutted, except that my block and parry will matter again.
Good summary. I believe this is left on purpose because there were discussions all the time and no one removed/swapped/nerfed this so I doubt it's a "mistake"

Earthcake

Post#45 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:40 pm

Tyrodan wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:53 pm
Earthcake wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:59 pm I never died before the dps, you don't HAVE to invest everything into parry if you know it will be mostly useless.
So the tank implodes even faster because now everyones damage against the guardee is undefendable for the tank? This is so dumb, you should be a realm champion.
I have 0% parry on my BO (10% with sov proc), same on my chosen (50% with tactic+suppression) and I do not die before my guardee, like ever.
There r other ways to mitigate guard damage, but feel free to spec as if u were playing order, getting raped by slayer all day and come on forum whine about rampage.

Same with pushing keeps/forts, I'm still waiting for ONE push when we have M4 and order don't, and I have the 1st anniversary cloack on my BO so I have been waiting for a long time...

Problem is when you play 2h, then yes, rampage destroys you.

Order wanna play like destro, they can't due to GTDC so they come here and whine about it.
Destro wanna play like order, they can't due to rampage so they come here and whine about it.

What about you try playing on your strenghts ?

HammerGuy

Post#46 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:36 am

Earthcake wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:40 pm
Tyrodan wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:53 pm
I have 0% parry on my BO (10% with sov proc), same on my chosen (50% with tactic+suppression) and I do not die before my guardee, like ever.
There r other ways to mitigate guard damage, but feel free to spec as if u were playing order, getting raped by slayer all day and come on forum whine about rampage.

Same with pushing keeps/forts, I'm still waiting for ONE push when we have M4 and order don't, and I have the 1st anniversary cloack on my BO so I have been waiting for a long time...

Problem is when you play 2h, then yes, rampage destroys you.

Order wanna play like destro, they can't due to GTDC so they come here and whine about it.
Destro wanna play like order, they can't due to rampage so they come here and whine about it.

What about you try playing on your strenghts ?
2h or snb doesn't matter for rampage. Block and parry means nothing to rampage.

Please tell me how to mitigate guard damage. From what I understand it is not mitigated by anything on the tank, only by whatever the guarded teammate's mitigation is. The tank can block or parry the guard damage, unless it is from an undefendable attack (ie rampage).

Earthcake

Post#47 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:58 am

HammerGuy wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:36 am
2h or snb doesn't matter for rampage. Block and parry means nothing to rampage.

Please tell me how to mitigate guard damage. From what I understand it is not mitigated by anything on the tank, only by whatever the guarded teammate's mitigation is. The tank can block or parry the guard damage, unless it is from an undefendable attack (ie rampage).
Or lower the enemy's damage, or absorbs.

And ofc snb or 2h matters lol, I'm not talking about block here, but your spec/gear are totally different and you HAVE to spec parry since that's your only choice, and parry sux for destro.
Who u gonna parry anyways when they attack you ? One of the 3 WL on the server ? Or the WH ?
So you need parry for guard damage but you won't parry anything else, bad situation.

Also, many DPS spec parry which is useless, if they had defenses that work vs slayers, guard dmg would be lower.

Panel

Post#48 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:14 am

kakaonutella wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:31 pm
kakaonutella wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:25 am I'd say, let's start from this one
So if you don't use block/parry as a defensive mechanism rampage has no effect- i thought it helped mow down whole wbs - and if you do use block/parry and are more than 5ft from the slayer it also has no effect. meanwhile GTDC has a 40ft range and effects everyone
Are you trying to argument, that if you don't use block/parry - Which nearly every Front liner has, so basically you deny the frontline - you are fine? what kind of argument is that. This skill for sure doesn't work for rangeds, because they do not parry, but the idea of it is to chop frontline to get to backline and obliterate them, no?

GTDC grants immunity to pulls and punts. If used incorrectly it is a detriment. Rampage grants no immunity. Rampage used incorrectly has no negative effect.

GTDC is a 13-point ability, lasts for 6 seconds on a 20 second cooldown (downtime of 14 seconds), only affects 6 enemies, and is channeled. Rampage is a 5-point ability, lasting for 10 or 20 seconds on a 30 second cooldown (downtime of 10 or 20 seconds), affects up to 24 targets, and is instant.

GTDC can mess up positioning momentarily. GTDC is a mild annoyance when running away. Rampage makes all of the slayer's damage undefendable. Rampage can wreck anyone (and 23 others) in front of the slayer.

As a tank, the idea that I'm supposed to not face a melee dps class is absolutely idiotic. I will die before the teammate I am guarding, because the rampage damage is undefendable. So while my teammate is getting hit for half of the slayer's damage, I take the other half and the damage intended for me.

Could we do a swap for two weeks and see the results? Pull me in and give me punt immunity. That'll really mess me up as a tank. I'll be totally gutted, except that my block and parry will matter again.
Good summary. I believe this is left on purpose because there were discussions all the time and no one removed/swapped/nerfed this so I doubt it's a "mistake"
What is so hard to understand - unless all your tanks and melee are within 5ft of a slayer then rampage effects no one

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#49 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:20 am

Panel wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:14 am
kakaonutella wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:31 pm

What is so hard to understand - unless all your tanks and melee are within 5ft of a slayer then rampage effects no one
You seem to not understand that rampage applies to 25-40ft aoe attacks as well so you can spam aoe when under rampage and hit 24 people every attack and no one will parry or block it.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Bozzax

Post#50 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:17 am

The change to guard damage (undefendable attacks become undefendable guard damage) broke rampage. Aoe cap inc also made this ability over the top for a 5pts ability.

This is known and has been pointed out in millions of threads. It won’t change since to many influential players and devs are invested and don’t want to loose the cheese.

Disturbing how sorc IW spam and destruction reflects or morales is quickly nerfed but this is left obviously broken
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7