Recent Topics

Ads

What could we do to change the lack of balance between factions?

Let's talk about... everything else
Garamore

Re: What could we do to change the lack of balance between factions?

Post#21 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:26 am

EU prime time needs some more destro wb leaders. Order have Gimlie, Bene, CNTK, LNM, FE, Smash as a core +xrealmers. Destro get HoB (start late) and FMJ (log early) +xrealmers. Even when numbers look even its pretty much 1 org wb vs 5. If the 5 don't separate or stay in keeps it makes for a super boring night. Even in a funnel in a keep/fort you cant defend with 1 org wb vs 5.

We also need destro to join the guilds of people who want to lead wbs. We all know anything but 2-2-2 groups in rvr is just like clubbing seals to an organised wb. At least with 2-2-2 you will stay up a bit longer.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
Dajciekrwi

Post#22 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:22 pm

wachlarz wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:14 pm Wanna see when mega bolstered choppa or slayer destroy a full wb. Perfect balanse. 🤣😂😁😆😅
Ahahah, true, anyone who left warcamp to join wb on stronger side- executed form Superbust Choppa:))
Is this Banebalde, is this Superman noooooo its a SuperBustSlyer :lol: :lol: :lol:
I swear for some ppl, in RoR dont plays humans but only Warbands :)))

FunkyDorian

Post#23 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:26 pm

You're all way off. Hats and dresses are the reason to faction imbalance. Look at WL, SM and Kotbs. Feathery hats, bishop hats and silly dresses. Meanwhile look at destro melee classes. Pure badass all the way, lots of people want to play them and so you get a nice huge melee blob for destro anywhere, anytime. If you don't like playing dwarves you're left with witch hunter as the only "cool" melee class on order. I say trash the hats and make order armor sets nastier. Problem solved.

Panel

Post#24 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:14 am

FunkyDorian wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:26 pm You're all way off. Hats and dresses are the reason to faction imbalance. Look at WL, SM and Kotbs. Feathery hats, bishop hats and silly dresses. Meanwhile look at destro melee classes. Pure badass all the way, lots of people want to play them and so you get a nice huge melee blob for destro anywhere, anytime. If you don't like playing dwarves you're left with witch hunter as the only "cool" melee class on order. I say trash the hats and make order armor sets nastier. Problem solved.
As the old saying goes "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". To my eye most destro toons look too comical to ever tempt me to play one.

drbaker

Post#25 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:58 am

The problem as i see it is that there is no incentive to defend keeps or forts with lesser numbers (or with even numbers as destro vs an organised wb with enough slayers). The vast majority of defenses that i have been a part of have died at the first attackers push with minimal kills as a defender. You end up spending between 15 to 40 mins hanging around for next to no gain. As time has gone on I see more and more that the warbands I have been a part of will skip keep defense and forts to just find kills in the lakes and to be honest it is less boring and more rewarding.

And since most times you will never see a side siege without a significant advantage in numbers the game actively encourages people to all play on one side if you want to progress.

So my idea would be to make sieges have an actual advantage for the defender. Part of this I personally see as a class balance problem, which its best not to go into as it has been said in a thousand threads on the forums already. So ignoring that, make defense more interactive and allow people to do stuff instead of waiting for the doors to go down. Actual ways to get kills, not tickle them with siege weapons. Perhaps they can damage based on the disadvantage in numbers your side has. Siege weapons should get ammo if your side has aao as its impossible to hold flags while you are already at a disadvantage.

Make keeps easier to get into if your side has a significant disadvantage. Maybe you can fly to the keep for free while your side has a certain amount of aao?

Most important is make defending a keep actually worth turning up for. Sometimes i actually get more renown of handing in one box than for trying to defend a keep.

Discourage solo play, encourage group play. Lessen the massive amounts of renown and crests certain classes get just because the have a viable solo build and increase the renown and crests tanks and healers get in a group to encourage people to play the classes and form bands.

ravezaar

Post#26 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:12 pm

"Discourage solo play, encourage group play"

u dont have to wreck one playstyle just to boost another, sure encourage group play or defending Sieges but dont strike down on us Solo players just cause u cant get a WB going.
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

billyk

Post#27 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:51 pm

FunkyDorian wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:26 pm You're all way off. Hats and dresses are the reason to faction imbalance. Look at WL, SM and Kotbs. Feathery hats, bishop hats and silly dresses. Meanwhile look at destro melee classes. Pure badass all the way, lots of people want to play them and so you get a nice huge melee blob for destro anywhere, anytime. If you don't like playing dwarves you're left with witch hunter as the only "cool" melee class on order. I say trash the hats and make order armor sets nastier. Problem solved.
Why are gobbos by far the most popular classes on the server then? You enjoy playing a green midget in a bathrobe?

Tyrodan

Post#28 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:04 pm

drbaker wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:58 am The problem as i see it is that there is no incentive to defend keeps or forts with lesser numbers [...]
This mf is spot on! I remember defending a keep some time ago, where we had like 240% aao. Destro had a wb on each bo, one or two roaming, as well as gank groups and an abundance of we. Our wb couldn't even get some contribution, as we were waltzed over the moment we stuck our heads out of the keep. Roaming groups reported the same: if they found a reasonable fight it took like 20 seconds before a wb clashed into their group. What are you gonna do with aao, when the entire zone is so teeming with enemies, that you can't even get a fight, where you're not steamrolled. In the end I spent around 30-40 minutes as a healer and ended up with a renown tick of ~700.

Imagine that: I could literally join a scenario with pugs against two premades, where we surrender after five minutes and would still end up with more renown. Considering that, no one should do the surprised pikachu, that people at some point simply don't bother defending.

Ads
Panel

Post#29 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:44 am

The problem is that nothing depends on anything anymore - lose that fort? who cares - city is 2 days away. Opposition gonna get that fort zone? who cares - city is 2 days away. Fighting to prevent your enemy getting into your city no longer matters. All your actions in the lakes are meaningless as nothing depends on them. King of Troy - "Oi you Greeks - you cant attack Troy yet - its not Friday".

Westorz

Post#30 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:03 am

Full database reset, yeet everyone's characters, fresh start