Recent Topics

Ads

The killboard kill the game

Let's talk about... everything else
knick

Re: The killboard kill the game

Post#11 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:01 am

i like the killboard and cant support the argument it killed solo roam. by now it feels more like it pushed people to do so because of the solo kill mark.
All i can wish is a solo kill ranking like month and weak kill statistic.
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

Ads
facundo7777

Post#12 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:15 am

knick wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:01 am i like the killboard and cant support the argument it killed solo roam. by now it feels more like it pushed people to do so because of the solo kill mark.
All i can wish is a solo kill ranking like month and weak kill statistic.
yes but on the other hand ppl wont roam with a lot of classes because they are not able to do numbers like others. For example ppl wont roam as engineer because Kill/Death ratio compared to we,wh, am or sham etc will be dramatic.

Maybe solution is add more options to kill board. As U said solo stats tab. I would love to see ladderboard for group and solo kills by class. In this case (lets stick to engineer) for example engi player could compare himself as solo or group killer with other engiees instead of different classes what is non comparable.

Ninjagon

Post#13 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:10 am

Killboard is a great feature and has nothing to do with the topic.
Common players do not care about killboard much and just play what and how they want, while elitist have materials to study.
It's all good.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Everdin

Post#14 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:04 am

Are so much people this insecure that all of their fun in this game is based on a killboard? I mean die more then to kill is bad, but this happens without the board too...
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Acidic

Post#15 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:10 am

I would not blame the kill board, although it does encourage players who are interested in their stats to only take winnable fights, but personally I am not a fan of the weekly event that rewards players for actions regardless of effort. The weekly events in rvr help reward sergers and side swapping to get keeps etc. there is no Aao decrease in the rewards and with the xrealm timer gone it kind of a no brain to swap to get free stuff.

Akalukz

Post#16 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:03 pm

Spread the fight, make BFO's matter. Get rid of only one pairing open fights.

Could bring back a mix of the old campaign and the new system. Keep the scheduled city fights but allow for unscheduled cities to happen via pushing the campaign, maybe increasing the rewards for the "campaign pushed" cities.
-= Agony =-

gebajger

Post#17 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:26 pm

I like the idea of the killboard, but its very misleading and inaccurate.

Examples:
- Dps with X healers. As long as the healers don't do any dmg, it will show as a solokill for the dps.
- Xv1 No matter how many opponents you defeat solo, they will only show as solokill, even if it was 2-3etc v1 (this is not a big deal, but still inaccurate)

Not sore how difficult it would be to add healers (if possible), even if they do zero dmg to show on killboard, but it would make it much more accurate.

Other than that, its a nice addition to the game, and I don't blame the increased zerging on it.
Rioz

Thulza

Post#18 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:59 pm

Killboard just makes sence for a game where you play solo.
This is just waste of devs time and resources to get this rolling. Its an ego feeder and doesnt say anything about the mass of support the dps player got on their backs to rank a spot on board. Does not provide anything good as whole for the community , sole purpose just for clapping yourself on the back.

Ads
rwknight

Post#19 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:12 pm

----"War is Everywhere"----

Just bring back autoflag RvR everywhere and watch the fight spread out.
Small groups will dominate.

RR50+ DESTRO = Zeal / Magus / Chosen / Sham / Choppa / SH / WE / BG / DoK / Sorc
RR50+ ORDER = WP / BW / KoTBS / RP / Engi / IB / AM / WH / SM / WL

★ ★ ★ KNOW YOUR ENEMY ★ ★ ★

Stinkyweed

Post#20 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:19 pm

My personal preference for the entirety of this game was to roam, most times solo. However with the blob mentality and WH/WE gank groups (permastealth, vanish+speed, and regen) combined with reduction of SH range, it's just not fun anymore. I have been sticking to SCs as much as possible and leveling alts (most recent aptly named "Blob" the Choppa) rather than partake in the horrid end-game RvR lakes experience.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.81
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo