Recent Topics

Ads

motivation killer coppa pull and dps shamie ... ? overtuned?

Let's talk about... everything else
facundo7777

Re: motivation killer coppa pull and dps shamie ... ? overtuned?

Post#11 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:06 am

flux wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:55 pm Try the other side a bit and then you will cry about AMs, WHs, slayers etc.
When iam playing destro i complain sometimes about wh so hard and am sometimes(this one depends on my class)
But
As order player i complain more often about gobbos and we xD even magus sometimes (this one depends on my class)

Tbh both am and shaman should be somehow "balanced"

Ads
Sofong

Post#12 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:22 am

not as much as WH ezmode autowin or WL 1 buttom 10k burst or slayer train wrecking sh**.

Sulorie

Post#13 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:06 am

facundo7777 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:06 am Tbh both am and shaman should be somehow "balanced"
You will never balance classes for 1vs1, as their skillset is too different. Not all classes are useful outside of the holy trinity.
Dying is no option.

madrocks
Suspended

Post#14 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:43 am

Choppa pull argument, old and still valid. Not so sure about the dps shaman.
Motivation killer? Yes.
Does it get abused purposely? Most likely.

1st problem:
The pull mechanic itself causes players to glitch through keep walls, through fences, over fences, stuck/unstuck in keep doors and all kind of other objects.

2nd problem:
Runspeed bonus paired with the range of the pull. Either remove the runspeed boost or reduce the range to 30ft.

3rd problem:
To many pulls, it should just pull one player at mid cycle.

4th problem:
Destro has 3 pulls: broke marauder pull, magus rift, choppa pull
Order has 2 pulls: engi magnet, useless white lion pull that should be mirrored with the marauder version.

Now to dps Shamans.
Nice burst.
Not welcomed in "meta" warbands.
Has some nasty tactic combos that make it the ultimate kiter.
The cooldown of RUN AWAY tactic should be at 20sec if not higher.
Lutz

Sinisterror

Post#15 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:28 pm

madrocks wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:43 am Choppa pull argument, old and still valid. Not so sure about the dps shaman.
Motivation killer? Yes.
Does it get abused purposely? Most likely.

1st problem:
The pull mechanic itself causes players to glitch through keep walls, through fences, over fences, stuck/unstuck in keep doors and all kind of other objects.

2nd problem:
Runspeed bonus paired with the range of the pull. Either remove the runspeed boost or reduce the range to 30ft.

3rd problem:
To many pulls, it should just pull one player at mid cycle.

4th problem:
Destro has 3 pulls: broke marauder pull, magus rift, choppa pull
Order has 2 pulls: engi magnet, useless white lion pull that should be mirrored with the marauder version.

Now to dps Shamans.
Nice burst.
Not welcomed in "meta" warbands.
Has some nasty tactic combos that make it the ultimate kiter.
The cooldown of RUN AWAY tactic should be at 20sec if not higher.
Well Run Away wouldnt be an issue IF WL worked like it used to. Goblins have no counter now because WL doesnt have 10 sec snare anymore, Pounce is Sad Version of what it was:E It used to crit and it should crit and dmg was delayed by 1 second or so you could time pounce + CS and "one shot" someone, Now Pounce does dmg before you have even landed to target. Bring back mid-air pounce for WL and give Pets grp buffs/heals and revert pathfinding changes. If Fetch worked like it did there would be much less issues With goblins. Actually because Fetch and whole WL class is a joke of what it should be( Leonine Frenzy has 30 sec CD and doesnt do critical dmg like it used to and it is pet path 13 pts skill and pet is the whole crit mechanic for wl... Makes sense that WE has WB that doesnt require pet and has 10 sec CD and ofc they also have mini pounce now which is fun but whenever i remember how good and fun WL used to be, it kinda feels stupid that WE gets "Leonine Frenzy" with close to full uptime and pounce as well while WL Leonine Frenzy has 30 sec CD/lasts 10 sec vs Witchbrew 60 sec duration and petpathing is HORRIBLE I MEAN WHY IT STILL IS LIKE THIS:E

Make WL fetch 3 second cast that increases your and your pets speed by 25% while casting, and doesnt matter if pet didnt reach the target it will still pull. This is just Ridicls when you think what goodies Destro gets in snares, pulls and mobility. Just make WL like it was and Everything is fixed=) Also restricting tactic usage (surprise surprise taking away specs for no good reason) RoR.builders - White Lion I loved this build with Loner + revenge + AA haste + Critical dmg tactic. So when your pet died you didnt have to just afk 15 sec to get pet back. Still could do dmg with loner + Revenge! = 75% +dmg. Why these changes that just takes the fun or choices away for no good reason:(
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Gatto

Post#16 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:44 pm

Sofong wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:22 am not as much as WH ezmode autowin or WL 1 buttom 10k burst or slayer train wrecking sh**.
crack is wack
sdk.flm.

"nerf Rock, Paper is fine." -Scissors

Minisynn

Post#17 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:05 pm

Sofong wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:22 am not as much as WH ezmode autowin or WL 1 buttom 10k burst or slayer train wrecking sh**.
Teach me the ways of the WL 1 button 10k burst Sofong sensei
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Cyrylius

Post#18 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:46 pm

I played in the old times of RoR middle ages when BHA was stacking up to three times, and you had 2/2/2 warbands melting from AoE ranged damage in funnels before the push happening cause tanks were getting average of 2 2/3 bha tick for anywhere from 300 to 1k.

I remember times of RoR dark ages when I was starting, when guardian WL could timestamp into 2 gcds everything without defensive gear, and was incidentally also played by half of order players.

I know stories, told by traumatized order veterans, of even more legendary times, of marauders having ap drain, two morale drains and wrecking ball possibly in one spec, with at least one documented case of 8 marauder warband wrecking competitive city (those were crazy times with 20+ pops per city, belive it or not).

And some, even more ancient order players, fearfully whispered me the tales from when choppa pull gave no immunities, and it was actually a game breaker cause there was no counter to choppa gtdc spam in group play with everyone flying everywhere.

Don't whine about balance, young 'uns. We live in happy times. Appreciate that.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Xergon

Post#19 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:49 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:46 pm I played in the old times of RoR middle ages when BHA was stacking up to three times, and you had 2/2/2 warbands melting from AoE ranged damage in funnels before the push happening cause tanks were getting average of 2 2/3 bha tick for anywhere from 300 to 1k.

I remember times of RoR dark ages when I was starting, when guardian WL could timestamp into 2 gcds everything without defensive gear, and was incidentally also played by half of order players.

I know stories, told by traumatized order veterans, of even more legendary times, of marauders having ap drain, two morale drains and wrecking ball possibly in one spec, with at least one documented case of 8 marauder warband wrecking competitive city (those were crazy times with 20+ pops per city, belive it or not).

And some, even more ancient order players, fearfully whispered me the tales from when choppa pull gave no immunities, and it was actually a game breaker cause there was no counter to choppa gtdc spam in group play with everyone flying everywhere.

Don't whine about balance, young 'uns. We live in happy times. Appreciate that.
You forgot about Machine Gun Infernal Wave being affected by CDReduce :roll:
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Cyrylius

Post#20 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:10 pm

Xergon wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:49 pm You forgot about Machine Gun Infernal Wave being affected by CDReduce :roll:
Well, my memory isn't perfect. Also I wanted identical number of cases.

Also, this is mostly something organized tryhards were complaining about, cause AoE Magus was generally a pain only in few specific cases. I'm talking about the stuff that made average zerg enjoyer seethe with rage.
late edit: infernal wave!=infernal blast. mvb. Still, first reason stands.
Last edited by Cyrylius on Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.