Recent Topics

Ads

Stop Hurting Pugs

Let's talk about... everything else
Vri

Stop Hurting Pugs

Post#1 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:01 am

Its NA late night. stop turning pugs into some half-baked premade by kicking and limiting who can join. Let the low ranks in so they can grind. Let them learn if they are new. This silly mindset of must have disc or kick or running autoband this late at night is a joke. stop the nonsense.

Ads
koozyer

Re: Stop Hurting Pugs

Post#2 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:20 am

100% agreed, everyone started from somewhere. Not everyone has or wants to join discord to play a game that has relied on text communication for years. I find this below addon helpful to lead people around. Maybe those without keyboards might find it helpful too? Only joking, see ya in the lakes!

https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/wbleadhelper/

facundo7777

Post#3 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:54 am

Agree
New players can find mostly on forum or advice channel sentence like:
"Join warband"
And then they are kicked...
Dont be so selfish please. Each of us started one day and was asking for help or more friendly circumatances to play

Topdude

Post#4 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:09 pm

I agree with all three of you. Things like autoband, 2/2/2 and forcing lowbies to sit on the side has done nothing but turn this into an elitist end-game borefest.

yhani

Post#5 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:35 pm

so why dont you guys start your own warband?

organized pug is good step for those who are not yet in solid pvp guild
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+

Vri

Post#6 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:34 pm

yhani wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:35 pm so why dont you guys start your own warband?

organized pug is good step for those who are not yet in solid pvp guild
Cliche reply in this case.

Great idea if the org pug was still open and listed. The issue is a pug being closed off for reasons i listed in my 1st post. Now you will see other issues...
NA late night, low pop
A random mix of classes and specs that at best will be easy blob farm targets.
New and or alts being limited to doing next to nothing.
The last thing the NA late night pop needs is less players because soemone wants to play wb lead and turn on AB or disc so they can give the most basic ror commands. Nine times out of ten you can just follow lead and be fine.

Phantasm

Post#7 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:58 pm

If someone run /5 inv warband or autoband its not pug WB anymore by definition. Those are 2 different gameplay experience. U want pug? Inv one person, form warband and leave. Profit.

Vri

Post#8 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:14 pm

Phantasm wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:58 pm If someone run /5 inv warband or autoband its not pug WB anymore by definition. Those are 2 different gameplay experience. U want pug? Inv one person, form warband and leave. Profit.
This thread isnt about LFG groups or wbs. Thanks ?

Ads
Phantasm

Post#9 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:25 pm

Vri wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:14 pm
Phantasm wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:58 pm If someone run /5 inv warband or autoband its not pug WB anymore by definition. Those are 2 different gameplay experience. U want pug? Inv one person, form warband and leave. Profit.
This thread isnt about LFG groups or wbs. Thanks ?
No idea which other groups will use disc or kick lowbies? Dont you guildies want to play with weaklings?

Yvarle

Post#10 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:56 pm

I believe the topic is not simply referring to pugs as unaffiliated players but possibly extends to new players? those without much experience of WH or RoR's newest form of WH.
I know there has been some talk of attracting new players or inviting those who have quit back. I am among the many that want server population to grow.

Organized leadership in all timezones and of all kinds of players is a great way to mix old and new players.

I think I recall yesterday the circumstances you speak of. I know the mix and size of pop at that time isnt common circumstance. It is likely that situation will not happen again or very often at best. If it does though it would be helpful to try and keep in mind some will be in organised wb some on disc some not. If that WB becomes full I think your best bet is to make a second wb as overflow. The second wb would best by led by someone who can log on discord and follow lead WB directions, not have to commit to making any strategic calls but moving in a semi organised fashion.

That being said anyone who creates a WB is free to lead it as they see fit and should not be hindered in doing so.