Recent Topics

Ads

Plz bring back "old" weekly RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Toshutkidup

Re: Plz bring back "old" weekly RvR

Post#41 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:47 pm

ravezaar wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:45 pm Iam not seeing anyone likeing the new system cause its better or brings more to the campaign, simply cause its easier. for me I dont think thats a valid reason but whatever
I 100% agree, old system led to pvedoor sure just so keeps would be taken and that was a flawed system ( player issue imo ). But at least you had to walk more than 10ft from a wc to do something. New system it’s solo’s run boxes, hit 3 stars and have 2 WB’s from both sides stand in one spot for literally an hour or more and just farm kills. Zones taking multiple hours not because it’s hard, just because why.. just stand here. People complain they couldn’t get old system done, I have no idea how they didn’t as 1 fort led to the kills needed if in a grp, and 5 keeps in a week was easy. New system I’ve gotten 4 toons done without even trying all in about 5-6hrs per toon. Easy isn’t better, it’s just easy without any effort.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
knick

Post#42 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:04 pm

there are people out there with a life. not all can afford the time to play several hours a day for keeps and forts. i roamed the pvp areas without any sign of this camping WB´s so far and I could leave my war camp always without get stomped by a group...
even the patch notes mentioned that the new system may need adjustments. crying after one week for the old system because you don't like changes is a bit off. with this attitude we would still play in the warhammer stone age
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

Toshutkidup

Post#43 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:37 am

if the benchmark is because someone couldnt get something done for whatever reason, just make it require 1 Inf point then. then everyone no matter what can get it done, unless 1 inf point is also too hard, maybe just log in , become pvp flagged and completed.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

knick

Post#44 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:50 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:37 am if the benchmark is because someone couldnt get something done for whatever reason, just make it require 1 Inf point then. then everyone no matter what can get it done, unless 1 inf point is also too hard, maybe just log in , become pvp flagged and completed.
this is maybe your point of view but what RoR really really needs is a active living healthy and growing community. By forcing player to invest days for a weekly quest its questionable. Specially player who like to play more than 2 classes had pre patch 0 chance to do the weekly if they dont invest the whole weekend. I dont say the actual calculation is the best but its by far more player friendly than the old one. Even if you cant afford to stay all day on for a keep capture you make progress and can gather your rewards. You are not forced in a special part of opvp which gives player more freedom to do what they enjoy most. And surprise there are still keep captures and defends...
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

Toshutkidup

Post#45 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:05 am

I’m not arguing against being easier for casuals, I get it. People cannot commit to 20hrs a week and I don’t blame them, making progress is fine. But look at the results of the first week. We had 2 cities ( normal ) first city was Destro 3 forts won, zero Order , 2nd city if I recall was same. Thursday stream you can see what I’m talking about, KV zone, Destro 3 stars, camping WC / HF literally and hour go stream record. 2 3* star keeps lost go undefended zones/ keeps during prime time zones. I really don’t blame the system as no matter the system players seem to just do whatever is needed and easiest method to accomplish ( need keeps , fine pvdoor, need kills fine wc farm) so in the end does it really matter what system is, prolly not if I’m being honest.

People actively requesting in chat ( again verify in streams all week ) don’t siege just farm.

My point is to OP, easier doesn’t mean “fun” and yes I’m aware tweaks may happen, but in the end like I said 10k inf, 20k,100k I really don’t think it matters just as 5 keeps or 100. Players just seem to only care about chasing and completing that weekly carrot and then after that who knows .

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#46 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:42 am

Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:06 pm no game must be better for new players! lets focus all attention on that
"**** new players, they're dumb. Madge."

"...why don't we have anyone online?"

Brakh wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:56 am Watched some streams recently, there is no new players in this game, only same old addicts on their subsequent alts.

Got some stats to back that up?
(you don't lmao)

Brakh

Post#47 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:37 am

Secrets wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:42 am [quote=Whyumadbro post_id=516069 time=1658415996
Brakh wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:56 am Watched some streams recently, there is no new players in this game, only same old addicts on their subsequent alts.

Got some stats to back that up?
(you don't lmao)
Do you really need them? Please don't delude yourself. Game is not growing neither is in the healthy state.

wonshot

Post#48 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:20 pm

Been eyeballing this topic, and the general player conversation ingame (guild, alliance, social circle and region chats)
I am naturally biased in thinking this new orvr inf system is better and solves some of the old issues the keep-take weekly had, as I made the initial suggestion to make it inf based.

But to mention some of the issues I think this inf system solves:
- Availability. Even if your realm is not dominating you can complet the weekly. Keep-takes were the bottleneck before.
- Winnerjoining. It is too early to say if playerbehavior changes, but AAO is actually even further rewarding now for progressiong rp/crest gain.
- Had the weekly been changed to "500 kills" instead, some classes would struggle (Lack of AoE meta availability) solo and smallscale being punished, lowgeared struggles.

Somes issues i can see being raised with influence:

- Warcamp camping (other systems need to make it more appealing to do campaign than camping for 20rp per kill, BOs, keeps, campaign)
- Lack of motivation to defend keeps (also other systems in the campaign needs to adress this not the weekly)
- Too fast progression and therefor faster burnout.

The weekly was initially suggested because there was more incentive to do Cities for crests and gear, scenarios for renown push, and in general not much of a replayability reason for doing oRvR. The influence system ties the Warhammer crownprice of publicquests and influence into orvr once again, and it opens up forwards all playstyles and skill/gear levels to reap rewards relevant to them while playing the game as they prefer without feeling forced to do some tasks outside of their liking.

The rate of how fast players are completing the weekly does need adjusting, 15k or 20k per week maybe.
But the purpose of a weekly should imo be to function as a little progression boost catchup, with milestones to break up the big 20k crest grind, and be available for most players without punishing someone who can put in same 3 hours per evening but because of their realm-situation they cant progress same as someone who happends to play in the morning.

Suggeions for improving on inf weekly:
- 15 or 20k per week
- Tweek the Apachy debuff so its not as punishing between 0-60%
- bugfix the Apachy in Ostland+other zones
- Maybe get rid of the 50% inf bonus in racial home pairings (orcs getting 150 instead of 100 inf in greenskin pairing etc)
- Get rid of BO capping inf but instead give back the "succesfully defended BO tick with 1 warcrest and shared pool of all fought over rp/exp/inf within the BO while it was contested" to the winning side of a fight within a BO area
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
ravezaar

Post#49 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:31 am

If it idd get Winnerjoining solved then by all meens keep New system but thats yet to be seen.

What I have seen tho its most of the issues with new system and what u listed Bombling and why I made the post those Iv seen already in first week.

Warcamp Farming I saw already during Monday so that didnt take long, and going by the streamers I watch the burnout issue due to faster progress of new weekly I seent hat aswell during first week of try. we see I guess
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

wonshot

Post#50 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:46 am

But those issues are not really new, warcamp farming is an issue of zone design in Eatain, Caledor, KV etc.
But this could be helped of the entire map was more appealing than farming the enemy realm, who is losing and then the fight ends up being pushed the the warcamp.

Warcamp farming still happend in the old weekly, how many times have Hob seen the rest of the organized warbands log out earlier because they have slightly later event and then order being camped in wc in cale.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO