Recent Topics

Ads

Plz bring back "old" weekly RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
ravezaar

Re: Plz bring back "old" weekly RvR

Post#31 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:45 pm

Iam not seeing anyone likeing the new system cause its better or brings more to the campaign, simply cause its easier. for me I dont think thats a valid reason but whatever
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:51 pm

ravezaar wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:45 pm Iam not seeing anyone likeing the new system cause its better or brings more to the campaign, simply cause its easier. for me I dont think thats a valid reason but whatever
It is better because you don't have to complete certain content to complete event. You don't always have the chance to take/defend keeps. Certain numbers of kills tend to be difficult for a lot players as well.
Now a certain amount of active rvr participation completes the event for you. This drives ppl to rvr without forcing them to fulfill certain tasks.
Dying is no option.

geezereur

Post#33 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:22 pm

The old system was way better at least for NA.

Sulorie

Post#34 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:28 pm

geezereur wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:22 pm The old system was way better at least for NA.
Be more precise, for one side during NA times. :)
Dying is no option.

Strakar

Post#35 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:12 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:28 pm
geezereur wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:22 pm The old system was way better at least for NA.
Be more precise, for one side during NA times. :)
Yes I could never get the kills during NA and only got keeps if you logged the winning side. In fairness, inf gain is harder for both sides too with no one to kill.

Panzer80

Post#36 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:44 am

Please by no means revert city, or currency. There's no solution to ebbs and flows, or lazy half-asleep sieges. Those are player base, not game mechanics. The issues being described are not because of the weekly (which was a good addition), same for the city changes.

City shutting off RvR and enabling wait-hammer mode was awful, as was the convoluted currencies. Good riddance to both! The weekly was a simple, and fresh idea that gave a little freedom to spend the fruits of your battling how one pleased, a perfect addition!
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

anarchypark

Post#37 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:02 am

WC back and forth is 'tug of war' to take upper hand.
same at BO and keep
Or
It's holding enemy there for ally to do other missions. distraction and trap, divide and conquer, anvil and hammer. both side can claim it but who does it better depend on organisation.

to some ppl it's just farming.
you can see as much as you know.

in old weekly, most activity was farming tasks.
in new weekly, do whatever you want - just do it better for better outcome.

scheduled city and one currency are better for players who can't play 24/7
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#38 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:34 am

yeah i can finally finish my weekly rvr tasks now :D

usually i'd get everything except keeps done on monday with guild wb, then never get 5 keeps i need, because i would only play 2/3 nights per week when there's lots of stalemated fights, and almost no sieges. at least not successful ones.

Ads
Tanski

Post#39 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:39 pm

I actually love new system tbh, once it isn’t bugged ;) .

AAO and apathy effect influence , this is actually great because it’s even more incentive to swap to lower pop side and not Zerg and pvedoor.

As I said in another post I believe AAO and apathy should be logarithmic, which would also effect influence , as the pop gap increases make the rewards/reduced gains not linear but heavily encouraging / discouraging .
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Farrul

Post#40 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:58 pm

ravezaar wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:45 pm Iam not seeing anyone likeing the new system cause its better or brings more to the campaign, simply cause its easier. for me I dont think thats a valid reason but whatever
The new system is definitely better, a quality of life improvement and i do not want the old system back.

Having said that, the old system was an attempt to try and conceal the fact that there clear issues with faction balance, not been that active lately (on vacation) but everytime i logg in Destro has pop advantage and sometimes i've observed Order getting pushed into their WC and farmed there(Etaine yesterday was dreadful ) so you do have a point.

Old system was a weak solution to a larger problem forcing more x-realming after zone locks, hence why they should keep this new system(it's a superior system per se) and start looking into the real problems( GTDC spam, class balance etc).