Recent Topics

Ads

Plz bring back "old" weekly RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Abrafo

Re: Plz bring back "old" weekly RvR

Post#81 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:20 am

MedV wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:29 pm This planned city ruined it. The whole point of playing is to kill and push zones so we can siege the enemy capital. Made people play longer as they didn’t wana log off if city was possible. Now after every keep half the faction logs.

Ruined the game for me. Hopefully they bring back city as a siege.
Agreed. I haven't played 1 city since the change, not 1. Too many log-offs after a keep take unless a fort is possible and this includes myself. Fort seems to have become the new city in a sense.

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#82 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:57 am

Cities are still very good War Crests -- if you're winning.

If you're losing, it's pretty rough for the time commitment for a lot of players, and having 5-6 quit usually means the remaining 18 have no chance in the later fights.

Earthcake

Post#83 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:58 am

Queued solo yesterday for city.
Lost BADLY, we had 2 kills...
Got 192 crests in 45min, you decide if it's good or not but i think it's amazing gains even when you lose.

noobwarrior

Post#84 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:13 pm

I like the new system.. it has never been so easy do nothing and still weekly RvR to finish :arrow: :lol: :mrgreen:

Emissary
Community Management

Post#85 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:47 pm

Have we not noticed yet that when we change things from the way they were on live we lose players and interest. Like we're literally middle aged men and women now trying to play a game we had nostalgia for that is looking less and less like the game we remember.

Everything that is done to bring in more players makes more bugs than the last thing and pushes more away. Bring back what we all loved the exact way it was before we lost it all. Recently especially it seems everything is breaking.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Scottx125

Post#86 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:09 am

Emissary wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:47 pm Have we not noticed yet that when we change things from the way they were on live we lose players and interest. Like we're literally middle aged men and women now trying to play a game we had nostalgia for that is looking less and less like the game we remember.

Everything that is done to bring in more players makes more bugs than the last thing and pushes more away. Bring back what we all loved the exact way it was before we lost it all. Recently especially it seems everything is breaking.
I agree. I get people want to do their own thing and live had flaws. But that made live what it was. Now I agree with certain changes, especially the unification of the currency system and the limiting of gear progression due to gear gap issues between 40-80. But I do feel the game, especially with class balance and it's RvR system has strayed quite a bit from live.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Sinisterror

Post#87 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:19 am

Scottx125 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:09 am
Emissary wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:47 pm Have we not noticed yet that when we change things from the way they were on live we lose players and interest. Like we're literally middle aged men and women now trying to play a game we had nostalgia for that is looking less and less like the game we remember.

I agree. I get people want to do their own thing and live had flaws. But that made live what it was. Now I agree with certain changes, especially the unification of the currency system and the limiting of gear progression due to gear gap issues between 40-80. But I do feel the game, especially with class balance and it's RvR system has strayed quite a bit from live.
Balance was better live when you consider that there was no lvl 40 fighting with lvl 16-39. You could stay lvl 39 forever with scroll and make it to rr 100 even if you wanted to all along getting gear ready you want because you didnt have to wear earlier set to be able to use new set... And with Worn Sovereign and you being bolstered to lvl 45 when under rr80 i would say balance was better with gear and classess, everything that matters in pvp. You could wear conqueror at lvl 30 something, i think invader was as well under lvl 40 set.

Most importantly Live was much more free (how you wanted to play) fun and unique classes/specs. Alot of those aspects are very much gone in RoR;( Last HUGE change from live is the hard 1.5s GCD. Live had 1.15-1.5 GCD which is easy to check from old war videos and if you played live you probably know this to be true.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz