Recent Topics

Ads

The game was more fun 2 years ago

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: The game was more fun 2 years ago

Post#71 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:58 pm

RORquest wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:52 pm
why do you argue with everyone? and why haven't you been banned.
I didn't start the argument, I told someone about alternatives, while rvr is broken as apparently a lot players don't know about the current state, hence so many question about missing mails and stuff.
Try to be more constructive.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Haojin

Post#72 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:01 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:00 pm
Haojin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:25 am
Sulorie wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:16 am If you want bugs to be fixed faster, learn to code.
then what ? you going to able to work on the project freely ? current management is too paranoid about possible leaks, even you are a coding guru, you won't be able to work for the project most likely.

you are on the forums for 6+ years, you probably spamming here more than you play the actual game, did you ever seen "team" asking for help for certain problems publicly ? please stop the fanboy.
With your attitude and track record you could be a coding god and still wouldn't be allowed to join even if they asked the public. Work on that.
what do you know about my "record" ?

RORquest wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:52 pm
Sulorie wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:00 pm
Haojin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:25 am

then what ? you going to able to work on the project freely ? current management is too paranoid about possible leaks, even you are a coding guru, you won't be able to work for the project most likely.

you are on the forums for 6+ years, you probably spamming here more than you play the actual game, did you ever seen "team" asking for help for certain problems publicly ? please stop the fanboy.
With your attitude and track record you could be a coding god and still wouldn't be allowed to join even if they asked the public. Work on that.
why do you argue with everyone? and why haven't you been banned.
because he is #1 ror fanboy while not playing it.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Aluviya

Post#73 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:18 pm

I am confused overall, KPI, because from my POV, this game is relying way too much on "nostalgia". Changes are not happening fast enough. And one has to see here, that with every day passing by, the whole game design and graphics become less relevant.

It's evident that our game needs to evolve to stay relevant, even if it means encountering resistance from those deeply rooted in the past. While nostalgia holds value, relying solely on it won't sustain the game in the long term. We're in a unique position, with no other game offering similar content. But to transcend being merely an antiquated, unbalanced game resembling a backpack management simulator, we must be open to change.

I'm not advocating for big overhauls like the current ability rework being pushed (nor against it). Instead, I believe focusing on smaller adjustments that enhance user-friendliness, improve backpack management, and introduce beneficial features like the currency system are a good direction. The objective is for players to enjoy the game in its entirety, not just certain aspects of it. Locking gear behind specific content, as we've seen with group ranked, has caused problems.

However, eventually, some changes have to be made, including to the classes. For newcomers, our game offers immense depth, albeit with its own challenges. Each class provides unique experiences and learning opportunities from a metaperspective. With the wide array of content available, some classes are undeniably more difficult to master. In terms of NB: For example, the Ironbreaker (IB) class demands exceptional skill due to its complexity, posing a challenge for many players to excel with. While resistance to making the game easier may exist, it's crucial to acknowledge that addressing the difficulty levels of certain classes doesn't necessarily mean compromising the overall challenge. Instead, it can broaden accessibility and enjoyment for a wider range of players, ultimately benefiting the community as a whole.

The game faced issues during its live phase, largely due to design choices. As a veteran, phrases like "it was like that on live" raise red flags for me. It's frustrating to see examples like the "vision of cone" being pushed with such reasoning. Having played many other games, I believe that simply displaying a text indicating that your target is not in your vision is an outdated design choice. It feels like a compromise that doesn't contribute to bringing the game into the modern era - hence not appealing to any younger generation.

Minisynn

Post#74 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:33 pm

Aluviya wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:18 pm I am confused overall..
You just necro'd a 2 year old thread talking about how the game was 4 years ago, confusion is the least I'd expect

Sorry, snarky comment aside I do agree with some of what you said though 😂. Mainly in regards to the design philosophy of wanting to make things the same as they were on live being completely senseless to me, since live died for a reason.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a RoR player who doesn't think that a complete rvr campaign overhaul (and ideally map optimisations/overhauls now that they have their new map design/editing tool) should be the #1 focus going forward once the dust has settled on the ability system rework.
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#75 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:40 pm

Hey there,

Locking this thread as it is extremely old and the only reason it was revived was a bot account bumping it, then people started commenting.