https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Ads
penagos22

Re: The game was more fun 2 years ago

Post#32 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:11 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:22 pm
penagos22 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:17 pm
another one who doesn't read, if you play as a pug you don't play because you don't leave your WC and if you do one you don't play either because you don't let them leave their WC, is it so difficult to understand?
I mean it is so difficult to understand that the egofarmers premades are killing the sc, they are systematically organizing to farm pugs to rank on the killboard without even worrying about doing the sc objectives, and if you make a premade you don't let them leave their warcamp because their classes only serve to farm disorganized people, I don't know about you but I enjoy the game more when the fight is close and I don't mind losing as long as I have fun, but honestly every time I go to "play" I only find frustration
May you think less about "egofarmers" and more about how you can enhance your chances to win sc?
One side doesn't lose because the enemy got a premade.
They lose because they make mistakes.
im not talking about win im talking about fun, sul please read!!!!!

Kpi

Post#33 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:35 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:22 pm
penagos22 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:17 pm
another one who doesn't read, if you play as a pug you don't play because you don't leave your WC and if you do one you don't play either because you don't let them leave their WC, is it so difficult to understand?
I mean it is so difficult to understand that the egofarmers premades are killing the sc, they are systematically organizing to farm pugs to rank on the killboard without even worrying about doing the sc objectives, and if you make a premade you don't let them leave their warcamp because their classes only serve to farm disorganized people, I don't know about you but I enjoy the game more when the fight is close and I don't mind losing as long as I have fun, but honestly every time I go to "play" I only find frustration
May you think less about "egofarmers" and more about how you can enhance your chances to win sc?
One side doesn't lose because the enemy got a premade.
They lose because they make mistakes.
Win egofarmers is easy when you play a premade (or even with a 2-3 players premade)... if u push to the sorcs, they will run away cowardly and hide in the respawn. The problem is not win, the problem is the games against egofamer are not funny.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

sharpblader

Post#34 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:26 am

Spoiler:
Kpi wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:02 pm The first thing I want to do is thank the GMs and developers for their work to keep the game alive, because thanks to them I have had many hours of fun over almost 4 years. But I think this post needs to be written.

The quick summary of this post is "Please stop releasing patches to make the game easier, it just makes it boring"

From my point of view, the game has gone from being fun in many aspects, to being a single game focused on getting War Crest, raising new characters to level 80 and raising another character again, and again, and again.

For a couple of years, the game has been deteriorating, and the new Currency system and simplification of the game in general, has only made the game more boring with each patch. I will explain it a little more in depth.

-Before, each part of the game had a unique purpose, and a unique gameplay as well. Each set of the game was obtained in various ways that complemented each other. Off-sets and best weapons were obtained in SCs, and main sets in RVR. Fortresses and city sieges, as end-game content, offered the invader/sov / Warlord set and gave a goal to the campaign, making players strive to achieve these goals. Now, none of this happens. Players are just zerging around and getting the weekly event, or roaming in RVR, leaving all other content in the game ignored.

-RVR. Before, the RVR had one objective, to win the campaign and force the siege of the enemy city. Now the main goal of the RVR is to get the weekly event, get the rewards to equip the character and get as many War Crests as you can by following the zerg. Even the WBs leaders comment on the forums that they don't siege, that they only do RVR for zerging and killing, not wanting to fulfill the objective of RVR, WIN THE CAMPAIGN. Of course we cannot ignore how there are no more sieges unless the attacker has +60% AAO, to avoid that if the enemy defends and then they are the ones who get a bag and you do not.

-Scenarios. Scenarios used to be a fun way to pass the time. Now, thanks to the monthly killboard, and a series of players whose main purpose is to appear in the "top killer", they annihilate pug players or non-hardcore premade players. Just by entering some scenarios and seeing some players (mainly sorcs), they make some players go directly out of the SC, because these players are not even trying to win the SC, they only play it to get on the "Top killer" of the kill board. So, the base players avoid to queue in SCs and new players leave the game.

-PVE. The PVE was a chill and alternative content to the RVR and SCs. Before, you could always see on channel 5 people trying to form groups for Gunbad/C&T/BS, with the ultimate goal of being able to get the best weapons in the game. Now you hardly see any of these groups on the channel, since people no longer have a need to make this game content. Players do only BS to get the weapon with as few runs as possible.

City Sieges: The best content in the game is ruined now. Before, people were motivated to play city because it was the only possible place to get the Royal Crest to equip the sovereign / warlord. Players were aware of the state of the campaign to be able to play them, making it so that even when you were not playing, you were aware of the game. Now, you can see how few people play them, since 95% are unopposed farming. Many of the big guilds/alliances don't even try to play city anymore, even though they know the exact time it will happen. When you had to play city to equip the sovereign, the games were more balanced and the content much more fun.

Ranked: The most hard-core content in the game, where you had to work very hard to get an exceptional gear. Now even casual (and not very good) players like me can equip this gear without much effort. This will finish killing the ranked, since they will lose a percentage of players from this already small community of the game, making the games much more difficult to start.

NB: Ok, this is not game content... but the NB ban kicks a lot of players of the game and doing to the casual players hard to play with different toons. Fewer players = Less fun. Fewer characters to play = Less fun

LOTD The LOTD was not 2 years ago, but it is play to mega zerg. Is like RVR but with greater numbers

With this message I just want to express to the GMs my concern, since the game has LESS content available, and the content that there is is much more boring than 1-2 years ago. I think new players now don't know that there is more content than following the zerg in RVR, and this is partly due to the policy of simplifying the game as if it were a mobile game, and not Warhammer Online
Completely disagree. Before:

RvR: Irrespective of objective, RvR has always been about zerging. Sure the immersion breaks because it doesn't trigger city anymore, but it's more inclusive for players now.

SC: Players could not get their main set playing SC hence even if they wanted to play it they were highly demotivated because they could only progress for the weapons which were not even BiS for most classes.

PvE: Forcing players to farm PvE for a BiS item in PvP used to work to promote liquidity in all game modes. But with the number of runs that were needed, it just demotivated them.

City: Again, forcing players to do content for end game items is not fun. Especially when cities were popping at odd hours as one side dominated in number. Many players don't feel the game mode is fun enough. Today, even when a city is going on, you can see Warbands on both sides in the RvR lakes.

Ranked: No fault of the devs. The community killed it because of it's toxicity.

NB and new GCD: No player gets an unfair mechanical advantage now irrespective of their ping or skill.

Dolo

Post#35 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:24 am

I dont think you need that many changes tbh.

- NB is toxic and never should been a thing at all. Others games have even more buttons and no one needs it there as well.

- Dont allow pug vs premade sc. Never understood this; why have a server for a few premades cowardly zerg fests? It sucks the fun out for all casual solo players. And please dont come with your low IQ "jOiN a PrEmAdE ThEn!" -> if i only have time to spontaniously play 2scs, i wont join a PrEmAdE.

- Nerf rampage. I am playing mainly order and must aggree: it is mind dumbening that there is such an overpowered ability.

- dont work with punishing systems. If your fraction is outnumbering the opposite realm and you only geht low renown for your small scale roaming, you stop doing it. And with that the outnumbered realm loses its possibility of some "wins"

- Personal note: maybe have a friendlier outlook on this Servers Community. Over the years the few contacts with gms and devs were suprisingly marked by insecurities and people who seem to take things like the mere reporting of a bug outside of GitHub as a personal attack. Super unnessecary.
Still want pig mounts for dwarves.

Sulorie

Post#36 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:16 am

Kpi wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:35 am
Win egofarmers is easy when you play a premade (or even with a 2-3 players premade)... if u push to the sorcs, they will run away cowardly and hide in the respawn. The problem is not win, the problem is the games against egofamer are not funny.
So this is about some sorcs, who make many kills and instead of dying, if enemy is pushing they manage to kite to safety and this frustrates those, who usually get farmed by them?!

On a different note, premades don't build to farm pugs. Not all people want to play on a randomized party setup and be at the mercy of matchmaking.
They organize themselves, which is highly encouraged in such a group depending game. Often it's friends who play since years who enjoy playing together.

The very nature of such games is matches becoming loop sided pretty fast, if not all in your group pulling their weight. You lose players and from there it snowballs.
Let's say it is the norm, that one side loses badly, if the SC objective reward you for playing your class efficient, this means killing the enemy.

It rarely happens that both teams are equally bad or good but usually even in this case it's mostly just a few team members who underperform and drop the score for their team.
Combine this with spread out objectives, where you can cap when the enemy is gone and it highly likely results in a pretty even score.

Teams often lose in fight because the only healer runs away to cap a flag or tanks don't stay with group in order to cap. The focus of some on objectives makes their team lose the fight and then the enemy recaps the flags anyway.
For the most part SC are about fighting and not capping flags faster than the enemy. A team better at killing dominates the game.

When you have a premade on both sides they usually farm the enemy team pugs, because it's easier kills.
People make themselves an easy target and from there the downfall begins for their team.
Dying is no option.

CyunUnderis

Post#37 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:13 am

About the SC premade, this is not fun to be the premade farming PUG. You build your premade, go for one fight, and after that, everyone is waiting at the WC. When you go in a SC, you want to have some fights in closed area, without zerg, so it's great when you face another premade, or if you have a premade with you against 2 other premades (this is rare).

But there is a weird automatism about PUG players in SC against premade :
- "Oh no, I'm against a premade. I can't do anything"
- "Let's surrender"
- "Let's requeue"
- "Oh no, I'm against a premade. I can't do anything"

So, sure, let's create another post about premade in SC instead of building a party with /guild, /alliance, /5 or queueing for the .pug SC.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#38 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:11 am

i think we should make another post about building a party with /guild, /alliance, /5, that will solve everything.

as someone here already said. sometimes you have 15-30 minutes of time, you wanna play few scs. you don't have time to look for premade, and why would somebody be in premade with you, if you're leaving after a game or two?

can't wait for winter to come, then you'll see that this isn't just a regular summer player drop.

Ads
Dajciekrwi

Post#39 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:57 pm

rejndjer wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:11 am i think we should make another post about building a party with /guild, /alliance, /5, that will solve everything.

as someone here already said. sometimes you have 15-30 minutes of time, you wanna play few scs. you don't have time to look for premade, and why would somebody be in premade with you, if you're leaving after a game or two?

can't wait for winter to come, then you'll see that this isn't just a regular summer player drop.
Yep, true, cristal ice truth, pure and innocent like snowflake!

Lawmay

Post#40 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:32 pm

sharpblader wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:26 am
Spoiler:
Kpi wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:02 pm The first thing I want to do is thank the GMs and developers for their work to keep the game alive, because thanks to them I have had many hours of fun over almost 4 years. But I think this post needs to be written.

The quick summary of this post is "Please stop releasing patches to make the game easier, it just makes it boring"

From my point of view, the game has gone from being fun in many aspects, to being a single game focused on getting War Crest, raising new characters to level 80 and raising another character again, and again, and again.

For a couple of years, the game has been deteriorating, and the new Currency system and simplification of the game in general, has only made the game more boring with each patch. I will explain it a little more in depth.

-Before, each part of the game had a unique purpose, and a unique gameplay as well. Each set of the game was obtained in various ways that complemented each other. Off-sets and best weapons were obtained in SCs, and main sets in RVR. Fortresses and city sieges, as end-game content, offered the invader/sov / Warlord set and gave a goal to the campaign, making players strive to achieve these goals. Now, none of this happens. Players are just zerging around and getting the weekly event, or roaming in RVR, leaving all other content in the game ignored.

-RVR. Before, the RVR had one objective, to win the campaign and force the siege of the enemy city. Now the main goal of the RVR is to get the weekly event, get the rewards to equip the character and get as many War Crests as you can by following the zerg. Even the WBs leaders comment on the forums that they don't siege, that they only do RVR for zerging and killing, not wanting to fulfill the objective of RVR, WIN THE CAMPAIGN. Of course we cannot ignore how there are no more sieges unless the attacker has +60% AAO, to avoid that if the enemy defends and then they are the ones who get a bag and you do not.

-Scenarios. Scenarios used to be a fun way to pass the time. Now, thanks to the monthly killboard, and a series of players whose main purpose is to appear in the "top killer", they annihilate pug players or non-hardcore premade players. Just by entering some scenarios and seeing some players (mainly sorcs), they make some players go directly out of the SC, because these players are not even trying to win the SC, they only play it to get on the "Top killer" of the kill board. So, the base players avoid to queue in SCs and new players leave the game.

-PVE. The PVE was a chill and alternative content to the RVR and SCs. Before, you could always see on channel 5 people trying to form groups for Gunbad/C&T/BS, with the ultimate goal of being able to get the best weapons in the game. Now you hardly see any of these groups on the channel, since people no longer have a need to make this game content. Players do only BS to get the weapon with as few runs as possible.

City Sieges: The best content in the game is ruined now. Before, people were motivated to play city because it was the only possible place to get the Royal Crest to equip the sovereign / warlord. Players were aware of the state of the campaign to be able to play them, making it so that even when you were not playing, you were aware of the game. Now, you can see how few people play them, since 95% are unopposed farming. Many of the big guilds/alliances don't even try to play city anymore, even though they know the exact time it will happen. When you had to play city to equip the sovereign, the games were more balanced and the content much more fun.

Ranked: The most hard-core content in the game, where you had to work very hard to get an exceptional gear. Now even casual (and not very good) players like me can equip this gear without much effort. This will finish killing the ranked, since they will lose a percentage of players from this already small community of the game, making the games much more difficult to start.

NB: Ok, this is not game content... but the NB ban kicks a lot of players of the game and doing to the casual players hard to play with different toons. Fewer players = Less fun. Fewer characters to play = Less fun

LOTD The LOTD was not 2 years ago, but it is play to mega zerg. Is like RVR but with greater numbers

With this message I just want to express to the GMs my concern, since the game has LESS content available, and the content that there is is much more boring than 1-2 years ago. I think new players now don't know that there is more content than following the zerg in RVR, and this is partly due to the policy of simplifying the game as if it were a mobile game, and not Warhammer Online
Completely disagree. Before:

RvR: Irrespective of objective, RvR has always been about zerging. Sure the immersion breaks because it doesn't trigger city anymore, but it's more inclusive for players now.

SC: Players could not get their main set playing SC hence even if they wanted to play it they were highly demotivated because they could only progress for the weapons which were not even BiS for most classes.

PvE: Forcing players to farm PvE for a BiS item in PvP used to work to promote liquidity in all game modes. But with the number of runs that were needed, it just demotivated them.

City: Again, forcing players to do content for end game items is not fun. Especially when cities were popping at odd hours as one side dominated in number. Many players don't feel the game mode is fun enough. Today, even when a city is going on, you can see Warbands on both sides in the RvR lakes.

Ranked: No fault of the devs. The community killed it because of it's toxicity.

NB and new GCD: No player gets an unfair mechanical advantage now irrespective of their ping or skill.
*Puts on tinfoil hat* Is this a member of the dev team on a sock account?