Recent Topics

Ads

If you had to give one tip on each class for how to combat them, what would it be?

Let's talk about... everything else
ugenswani

If you had to give one tip on each class for how to combat them, what would it be?

Post#1 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:07 am

New player here, I really enjoy the game and I'm really, really enjoying doing RVR and all, but one thing I'm running into is I tend to get stomped more often than not. And it doesn't matter whether it be in tier one, tier two or above. And I'm just wondering if I'm just not analyzing how some of the classes works properly to try and exploit their more major weaknesses.

So I ask this, if you had to give a single tip on each class to combat them easier, what would it be? Hell, even just overall tips in RVR would be much appreciated, though the latter was just something I thought would be interesting enough to make a reddit post about to hear what you guys had to say about it.

Ads
Garamore

Re: If you had to give one tip on each class for how to combat them, what would it be?

Post#2 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:15 am

Join a group that is balanced (i.e 2-2-2). Use pots and linis. This will win more than you would realise.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Haojin

Re: If you had to give one tip on each class for how to combat them, what would it be?

Post#3 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:17 am

this goes for everything:

-hold cc+burst until your enemies defensive morales/abilities expire.
-check if you are detaunted/bellowed/challanged before cc+burst.
-learn how to detaunt.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

inoeth
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:19 am

you need to give far more information: what class do you play, what gear do you use, which RR do you have, which build?

and it also depends on the all these thing of your opponent.
this is the beauty of this game that there are so many possibilities.
you might have to find out yourself or ask more specific questions.

Tyrodan

Post#5 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:22 am

Tips on how to fight a class usually depend on what you are playing. Take the melee warrior priest / disciple of khaine (wp / dok) for example. Best way to fight him is to deny him his melee burst heal. A ranged class can achieve this by kiting, while a melee dd should time his burst with a parry morale. Both do essentially the same but use different means for it. Telling us what you're playing would help us help you better.

As for general tips: try to find a guild as fast as possible. This is probably the most vital thing in the entire game. You'll get a grip on the game mechanics a lot faster and usually guildies are super happy to provide potions and talismans for newbies or buy tradable gear for them. If you're as lucky as me and find a guild with a smallscale roaming group you can also go from zero to hero in a few weeks, as roaming is probably one of the fastest ways to level your renown rank (rr) - also the most fun according to many.

Phantasm

Post#6 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:35 am

Best tip so far not many understand is: if you care at any percent about winning and not just smashing buttons - play with people that share same idea - join premade, guild, friends. Dedication and involvement cant be found among puggers.

HammerGuy

Post#7 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:10 pm

There are 12 classes per realm. You'll need to be more specific if you want specific answers.

General rules
Use buff potions (armor potions and stat potions/liniments stack)
Use health potions to take pressure off the healers (crafted potions and pvp potions stack)
Use absorb potions, if you can afford them, especially when burst is expected
Use AP potions (crafted potions and pvp potions stack), if you're running out of AP
Detaunt, taunt, and interrupt
Don't waste/Know when to use CC (they give immunity which will remove the ability to CC at a better moment)
Position matters (no back to the enemy, stay away from edges if you don't want to go off)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:03 pm

Fell for another bot account. Great advice, not a real person though.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads