Recent Topics

Ads

New mail system

Let's talk about... everything else
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: New mail system

Post#41 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:41 pm

Emissary wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:23 pm I think everyone of the devs are done with the game. We've had Wargrim post and thats it.
There's more work going on than you give them credit for. I don't blame any of the devs for avoiding forum discussions, it's not always particularly pleasant.

Mail delay has been brought up for discussion internally, when something changes you'll see it in the patch notes. We're all pretty aware the implementation has been received negatively.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#42 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:34 pm

Looks like Mail is now delivered instantly!

Big thank you to those involved for the changes - this is so much better for buying items on AH, helping mail items to friends, getting crests, etc!

Akalukz

Post#43 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:15 pm

Seems fixed now, as do bags.
-= Agony =-

Archimediss

Post#44 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:25 pm

Zonelocks are still not paying out and were losing people because of it

Scottx125

Post#45 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:03 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:41 pm
Emissary wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:23 pm I think everyone of the devs are done with the game. We've had Wargrim post and thats it.
There's more work going on than you give them credit for. I don't blame any of the devs for avoiding forum discussions, it's not always particularly pleasant.

Mail delay has been brought up for discussion internally, when something changes you'll see it in the patch notes. We're all pretty aware the implementation has been received negatively.
It's kinda hard to give people credit for work in progress that isn't shared. All we see are the consequences. Can't blame people for getting annoyed when stuff breaks and we hear next to nothing from the devs. It just fuels the frustration. I understand them wanting to avoid the forums due to the toxicity, but I believe that toxicity is in part fuelled by the fact that they aren't here interacting with people more. It makes people feel as if they're out of touch. Especially with some of the changes made.

It's like the ability system refactor, the way it was worded in the update "- We have been doing some work on the ability system and some changes have gone in. We do not expect any change in balance or how any ability performs. However, please be aware that bugs may arise.". That doesn't tell us anything about what you're actually doing. It took someone asking directly to get an answer. All the post needed to say was "We're doing some refactoring work on the ability system and some of these refactors have been implemented. They shouldn't change how anything works but bugs may occur, if you encounter anything you suspect may be a bug please make a bug report and we'll fix them when able.". Simple and to the point, it lets everyone know what's going on and what to expect.

Same could go for the mail change, you could have came out and told people weeks before hand what was being done and what might happen. Hell you could have even put the 1 hour delay to a community poll vote..
Last edited by Scottx125 on Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Akalukz

Post#46 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:32 pm

I think some of the angst is there doesn't seem to be a plan anymore.
-= Agony =-

Kpi

Post#47 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:21 pm

Thanks for fix it!
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Rubius
Developer

Post#48 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:42 am

Archimediss wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:25 pm Zonelocks are still not paying out and were losing people because of it
You mean the non-mail payouts, right? (The Zone lock Renown and Crests?)

This is a different issue from mail timers and I know the devs are aware / looking into it: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/20323

Please be patient a little longer and let's see if we hear anything on it soon.

Ads