jbrutal

Re: how You avoid being frustrated

Post#11 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:04 pm

take long breaks.....5-7 months come back fresh thats what i do

Ads
Dabbart

Post#12 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:06 pm

Pron. Weed. Logging out and doing something else.

Oh, and shitposting. Don't ever stop shitposting.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

SepticDisaster

Post#13 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:47 pm

I’d highly recommend finding a guild or group of players to roam around with. Having as few as 3-4 other players to hit the lakes with will heighten your enjoyment of the game immensely. I like the idea of solo roaming as well and do it on occasion, but your chances of running into groups of 2+ players is very high as this is a group oriented game.

Morradin

Post#14 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:56 pm

Gotta love the join a guild crowd. Always chimes in. Kudos to their misguided attempts to help.

I get you. I do. Took me 21 SCs almost 7.5 hrs to complete the quest to the mid pip, (because that is all I need). All morning it was one guild group after another. I have real world things to do during game play sometimes, grandkids, cooking, things like that. (NO..I am not cooking the grandkids.) So trust me when I say, "I GET YOU".

First, ride the blob. Even if order is not in zerg mode, there is almost always a guild, or alliance wb floating around. Follow them, pick off stranglers of groups they attack, things like that. Or conversely, follow a destro WB. They especially have lots of stranglers that are easy pickings.
Second; Defend all keeps, use the AoE siege to hit enemy at same time as someone is dropping oil. Oil gives you no rr (why I have no clue, but I guarantee some ego guild player got hosed so it got changed), BUTTTTTTTT ....
Oil will lower a targets HP a lot. And they will run into the blob of their friends. Hit them with AoE siege, you kill them, and you get RR, thanks to the oil. With 300AAO or more I can get rr ticks of 10,000 +>.
Best part, after a few keeps, you can tell which enemy players you have pissed off. They start loling you after getting tagged by your siege weapon.

(Watch now, the ego guild players will cry for further nerfs to AOE siege or to cut off all RR from siege weapons)

As forSC's. Nothing to do. Scenarios in RoR are designed to feed the egos of well set, practiced 6 man groups. You know, those same 5 to 6 players that play together and only group with each other day after day after day. They know each others capabilities, and always maximize each other potential. (insert sarcastic golf clap) Good for them!

So yeah is SC's, especially in one that 6v6 and should be only for the ego driven players of ranked, your goose is completely hosed. Build up a thick skin, as I did, put the ego on a back burner.

EDIT:
YES I GET IT... 6 man organized groups have to be allowed to que vs pugs otherwise they would get at best 1 pop per hour.
Don't care. If you want more pops per hour play solo.

Rubius
Developer

Post#15 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:31 pm

Whether you join a guild or not, I agree with the intent behind what most of the people recommending it are pushing for: finding friends, small communities, or others to play with regularly.

Game goes through phases where things are very broken, imbalanced, or very buggy, and having people you know to laugh through some of the frustration with can be really helpful.

magictaquito

Post#16 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:35 pm

facundo7777 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:26 pm How to keep love to the game in so bad circumstances? What are Your tips to avoid frustration and stick to the game?
Develop a drinking problem and sort it out like a man.
[Gobbo Club] Guild Master
Brokensafety - RR84 Squig Herder
Fart - RR6x Black Orc
Healyfingas - RR6x Shaman
Imbigga - RR5x Choppa

tazdingo

Post#17 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:58 pm

play classes that are low stress for a bit, like ranged aoe spammers, or just have a couple fun tricks. if im stupid busy with work or life i just play a turtle mara and focus on pulling people to their doom. it's brainless and fun. or be one of those WHs who punts people off of walls if you have one in sov

most frustration for me comes from doing what i think the realm 'needs,' like sweating my ass off on a healer or front line tank. good when you wanna get hard into the game and have friends to play with, bad when you wanna relax or just casually enjoy the game

Martok

Post#18 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:06 pm

Xergon wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:11 pmSo the question is, why are you playing Solo in a MMO which is Group PvP focused with TriClass system?

Because it is still the most fun aspect of the game. True, the one v one realm isn't what it used to be, but every now and then a good fight comes along.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Belanoite
Suspended

Post#19 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:18 pm

First of all, don't take sides. Play both Destro and Order. Don't care for people saying about xrealm or etc. No one cares for your fun, they only want to kill you so don't care if they are mad or not.

Second, if you are new player, be a leecher, follow groups, wbs, etc, and steal their rr, xp and kills.

Third, learn the class you are playing with and find a guild to help you to develop your char strenghs and weakness.

Fourth, dont care to win, care to make xp and rr and have your endgame gear. You will lose more than you expect in this game, and get pwned and humiliated in many ways, bc this server has lots of toxic players. Principally whs players.

And fifth, even if you don't give a f*ck for anything else and just playing for relax (if its possible), you will get frustrated for someting. Be the number of deaths, getting owned, harassed, humiliated or because the game's bugs and exploiters or being kicked out from wbs with autoband. In the end, you will have to think about if the results worth all the frustration. Good luck!

Endari

Post#20 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:20 am

I have been playing my dps wp solo for a few months now and what I do to avoid getting frustrated is I have stopped playing just for the kill, I play for a goal. Maybe that day I play for a certain amount of war crests or a certain % of rr gain or using siege weapons to punt people into lava/over cliffs(got 5 from a TM keep defense the other day), whatever.

I find it takes away the sting from getting steamrolled all day and I feel I make actual progress on my toon and have fun playing no matter how many times I died. My current playstyle is kinda like going fishing, I set myself up somewhere visible like keep outer walls and see how many little fish(we/mara/choppa) I can hook. I find it fun no matter if I win or lose.