Recent Topics

Ads

how You avoid being frustrated

Let's talk about... everything else
Toshutkidup

Re: how You avoid being frustrated

Post#21 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:44 am

It can be hard to stay focused and keep grinding for small scale gameplay. As a solo player it’s been gettin harder and harder to play. It’s one thing to get zerged on, but it’s another when own side works against you and tries to make it harder on you just for their fun at expense of yours. Sometime just stepping away and taking breaks helps.
Last edited by Toshutkidup on Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#22 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:51 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:44 am It can be hard to stay focused and keep grinding for small scale gameplay. As a solo player it’s been gettin harder and harder to play. It’s one thing to get zerged on, but it’s another when own side works against you and tries to make it harder on you just for their fun at expense of yours. Sometime just stepping away and taking breaks helps.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

space44

Post#23 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:16 am

facundo7777 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:26 pm Hello,

i would like to ask how do You avoid frustration while playing ror?

from my pov (order solo/pug player) game is pretty tough. When iam trying to solo i cant play class what i like because there are shamans everywhere or 6mans (even more) following You entire pve map just to kill.

On the other hand when iam trying to play with people in warbands we are mostly trained by hard destro orc blob.

How to keep love to the game in so bad circumstances? What are Your tips to avoid frustration and stick to the game?
turn off the game take deep breaths get a cup of tea or coffee think of the better parts of RoR like uhhhhh ummmmmm ermmm hmmmm........
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#24 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:14 am

from my pov (order solo/pug player) game is pretty tough. When iam trying to solo i cant play class what i like because there are shamans everywhere or 6mans (even more) following You entire pve map just to kill.

On the other hand when iam trying to play with people in warbands we are mostly trained by hard destro orc blob.

How to keep love to the game in so bad circumstances? What are Your tips to avoid frustration and stick to the game?
usually music just helps me stay less frustrated, plus a twitch stream. solo play now is almost dead at this point imo, but i still do it cause i enjoy it.

Stinkyweed

Post#25 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:12 am

When I stop having fun I log out. I hobestly just don't understand the decision making process and direction here...it baffles me.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.2x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

facundo7777

Post#26 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:07 am

Vegetaplays wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:14 am

usually music just helps me stay less frustrated, plus a twitch stream. solo play now is almost dead at this point imo, but i still do it cause i enjoy it.
stream at the second screen or football game at the weekend could be helpful (for last 2 months there was a break in football season - so maybe thats the reason :D)

i noticed one more thing about solo but it looks similar in group play (sometimes even i do or think same way). A lot of people rolled best classes for specific roles instead of playing classes which they like and try to find some new way to beat others. I know that some builds are just bad due to lack of balance and class changes but mostly its attitiude. We can notice that especially on advice chat when some new players ask about class. What they hear? "dont roll that its uselss" "only slayer in order" "go shaman solo or choppa for group". When someone reply "pick what U like" he or she is melted on the chat.

I would love to see class balnce changes regulary from time to time. For some period of time some classes probably would be better but it will be shifting regurlary so everyone could play what they like.

Haojin

Post#27 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:12 am

i didn't read other posts, so gonna keep it short.

-join a decent warband guild and be grouped up.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Omegus

Post#28 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:58 am

Hello,

My question to you is: why do you keep putting yourself in such unfavourbale situations that you know frustrate you? Solo play and pure pug warbands (I am assuming you are not in an organised/coordinated warband when you join one as you said you are a pug player) are the bottom of the pecking order in a game that rewards teamplay and coordination, so by willingly picking those playstyles then you are willingly choosing frustration.

The only advice I have for you is stop playing the game in such a way that causes so much frustration. You know solo play and pug warbands are frustrating, but you keep playing like that. Why? I say this as someone who was a pure pug on destro for many many years and took the highs (rare) with the lows (more frequent) of that gameplay style. I then ended up joining a guild properly and am now at the point where you couldn't pay me to pug in ORVR as the experience between random pugs doing random things and organised groups is night and day.

The same is true for destro pug warbands. There are organised order warbands - which you are seemingly ignoring - who will smash pug warbands trivially if a fight breaks out. My advice to any pug players on destro feeling as frustrated as the OP pug order player is the same: try to stop playing the game in a way that will frustrate you.
facundo7777 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:07 amI know that some builds are just bad due to lack of balance and class changes but mostly its attitiude. We can notice that especially on advice chat when some new players ask about class. What they hear? "dont roll that its uselss" "only slayer in order" "go shaman solo or choppa for group". When someone reply "pick what U like" he or she is melted on the chat.
If someone is asking for what is the "best" class, then it is usually in terms of what will give them the most success, or the most viability in groups, or whatever. And in that case, there are definitely set answers to that question which don't need much debating. If someone wants to roll what they like without caring then they probably won't be asking in advice chat about what the best classes are.
facundo7777 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:07 amI would love to see class balnce changes regulary from time to time. For some period of time some classes probably would be better but it will be shifting regurlary so everyone could play what they like.
We would all like to see class balance changes, but that is currently dead in the water. Play the game based on how it actually is, not how you want it to be, and it will hopefully reduce the frustration caused by those jarring times when your vision of what you wish the game would be - which differs for all players - doesn't line up with the reality of what this game is.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Throlla

Post#29 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:03 am

Xergon wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:11 pm

So the question is, why are you playing Solo in a MMO which is Group PvP focused with TriClass system ? What exactly are you expecting ? Its impossible to balance game around 1v1, if u wanna play solo and u think u cant beat shamans/ams, play that class ?
This ****-elitist wannabe clownfiesta mindset reply from Xergon is why I enjoy playing solo/duo.

HammerGuy

Post#30 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:44 pm

Drink alcohol. Play with friends. Rant. Log off. Rinse and repeat.