Re: how You avoid being frustrated

Post#31 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:46 pm

By just simply dropping the game.

Ads
Ashoris

Post#32 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:59 am

Morradin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:56 pm
As forSC's. Nothing to do. Scenarios in RoR are designed to feed the egos of well set, practiced 6 man groups. You know, those same 5 to 6 players that play together and only group with each other day after day after day. They know each others capabilities, and always maximize each other potential. (insert sarcastic golf clap) Good for them!

So yeah is SC's, especially in one that 6v6 and should be only for the ego driven players of ranked, your goose is completely hosed. Build up a thick skin, as I did, put the ego on a back burner.

EDIT:
YES I GET IT... 6 man organized groups have to be allowed to que vs pugs otherwise they would get at best 1 pop per hour.
Don't care. If you want more pops per hour play solo.
I get the frustration ... really ... because i play solo a lot (but also small, 6man and ranked.. ).
But why so hostile about the people who actually play this game in a grp, a lot of grps are not well set, practiced or ego driven .. but simply people who decide to enjoy this game together and in reality, are quite casual.

onTopic: if you are frustrated - take a break - or change your behaviour are the only things helping.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Morradin

Post#33 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:26 am

Ashoris wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:59 am
As forSC's. Nothing to do. Scenarios in RoR are designed to feed the egos of well set, practiced 6 man groups. You know, those same 5 to 6 players that play together and only group with each other day after day after day. They know each others capabilities, and always maximize each other potential. (insert sarcastic golf clap) Good for them!

So yeah is SC's, especially in one that 6v6 and should be only for the ego driven players of ranked, your goose is completely hosed. Build up a thick skin, as I did, put the ego on a back burner.

EDIT:
YES I GET IT... 6 man organized groups have to be allowed to que vs pugs otherwise they would get at best 1 pop per hour.
I get the frustration ... really ... because i play solo a lot (but also small, 6man and ranked.. ).
But why so hostile about the people who actually play this game in a grp, a lot of grps are not well set, practiced or ego driven .. but simply people who decide to enjoy this game together and in reality, are quite casual.

onTopic: if you are frustrated - take a break - or change your behaviour are the only things helping.
Because when I was working (retired now) I did so as a manager of a full blown marketing team. Now, I know squat about game design, but I do know how to keep and grow a customer base. And watching these so called Leet 6 man groups being catered to, at the expense of the greater demographic (player base), is professionally to me, maddening.
But hey, not my sandbox.

Sulorie

Post#34 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:26 am

Morradin wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:26 am Because when I was working (retired now) I did so as a manager of a full blown marketing team. Now, I know squat about game design, but I do know how to keep and grow a customer base. And watching these so called Leet 6 man groups being catered to, at the expense of the greater demographic (player base), is professionally to me, maddening.
But hey, not my sandbox.
The thing is, classes for the most part don't work on itself, there are group dependencies here. When you make it pug only, you end with unbalanced setups on either side. It's no fun as well to get matched in teams without appropriate numbers for tanks and heals. Not all players want to play with a dice roll and get randomized crap setups, which result in loop sided matches as well.
In the end it makes no difference, whether you get matched against some premade (with varying quality) or a better class setup with players, who know what they do, even if they queued solo too.
Dying is no option.

Asderas27

Post#35 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:45 pm

Morradin wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:26 am

EDIT:

Because when I was working (retired now) I did so as a manager of a full blown marketing team. Now, I know squat about game design, but I do know how to keep and grow a customer base. And watching these so called Leet 6 man groups being catered to, at the expense of the greater demographic (player base), is professionally to me, maddening.
But hey, not my sandbox.
Why is it always NA players bringing up IRL profession to forums as if it matters i do not understand but to say RoR has catered to these "leet 6 mans" goes to show how clueless the average RoR player/forum user is. If you ever read the patch notes or go over the past ones you would see that the RoR team has catered more to solo/pug forums whiners than organized wb/guild leaders who actually understand problems that plague the server. Off the top of my head i can think of some of these solo pug whine changes
1) 2/2/2 solo scs which got reverted after pops slowed down to a halt.
2) Fort poison changes - Use to take effort to push poison forts with proper wbs but its a joke now.
3) Removing fort wcs because "leet 6 mans" were kiting the usual pug rabble in there.
4) Adding water damage after swimming a certain amount of distance for same above reason.
5) Nerfed Buttons removal cuz certain people blaming their losses on addon available to everyone.
6) Making BiS gear available to every box runner on server.
7) Making PVE easier to complete.
8) Adding those weekly rewards with sentinel talis for people to get it through zerging in RvR.
8) Changing City matchmaking to put premades against premades instead of encouraging players to group up for supposedly "endgame content".
9) Adding scheduled city which killed incentives for guilds/groups to form up and push the campaign to get the city.

There is probably way more i just dont remember but you have to really blind to not see how much the team has catered to "real" demographic which leaves every 2-3 months after they get their gear.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

bw10

Post#36 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:02 pm

By quitting game months ago and only coming back to forums for weekly patch notes horror laugh

Kpi

Post#37 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:25 pm

Asderas27 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:45 pm

But hey, not my sandbox.
Why is it always NA players bringing up IRL profession to forums as if it matters i do not understand but to say RoR has catered to these "leet 6 mans" goes to show how clueless the average RoR player/forum user is. If you ever read the patch notes or go over the past ones you would see that the RoR team has catered more to solo/pug forums whiners than organized wb/guild leaders who actually understand problems that plague the server. Off the top of my head i can think of some of these solo pug whine changes
2) Fort poison changes - Use to take effort to push poison forts with proper wbs but its a joke now.
3) Removing fort wcs because "leet 6 mans" were kiting the usual pug rabble in there.
4) Adding water damage after swimming a certain amount of distance for same above reason.
5) Nerfed Buttons removal cuz certain people blaming their losses on addon available to everyone.
8) Adding those weekly rewards with sentinel talis for people to get it through zerging in RvR.
8) Changing City matchmaking to put premades against premades instead of encouraging players to group up for supposedly "endgame content".
9) Adding scheduled city which killed incentives for guilds/groups to form up and push the campaign to get the city.

There is probably way more i just dont remember but you have to really blind to not see how much the team has catered to "real" demographic which leaves every 2-3 months after they get their gear.
From 5 to 9... This are the biggest problems of the Server now.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Morradin

Post#38 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:18 pm

Asderas27 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:45 pm
Spoiler:

But hey, not my sandbox.
Why is it always NA players bringing up IRL profession to forums as if it matters i do not understand
Spoiler:
but to say RoR has catered to these "leet 6 mans" goes to show how clueless the average RoR player/forum user is. If you ever read the patch notes or go over the past ones you would see that the RoR team has catered more to solo/pug forums whiners than organized wb/guild leaders who actually understand problems that plague the server. Off the top of my head i can think of some of these solo pug whine changes

I did it because I know how to keep people interested in a product, and considering the game has lost more than half its pop from two years ago ... well you do the math.
Not saying I know how to bring people back, the game is vastly changed from two to three years ago, I would need at least three months of research.

On the rest of your post

One can, and lots of us do, argue that all changes were made to satisfy the big guilds and alliances, and the leet 6 mans. Each and every one of those changes makes it easier for them to farm pugs. And to be honest, that is all these premades want, an easy time to farm the unorganized. Padd their kill board scores.

That is my personal belief.

Ads
Emissary
Community Management

Post#39 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:02 am

Log on see a city going on with no one in it, log out play another game and drink :)
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#40 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:54 am

Morradin wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:18 pm
One can, and lots of us do, argue that all changes were made to satisfy the big guilds and alliances, and the leet 6 mans. Each and every one of those changes makes it easier for them to farm pugs. And to be honest, that is all these premades want, an easy time to farm the unorganized. Padd their kill board scores.

That is my personal belief.
this tbh, +9000