Recent Topics

Ads

So Its Even Numbers And You Are Running Around A Lake ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Strakar

Re: So Its Even Numbers And You Are Running Around A Lake ?

Post#11 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:56 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:57 pm Standing around doing nothing is what leaderless pugs do. without a half decent WB leader, 90% of people in this game don't know what to do, so they just sit in a keep and wait.

dont like that people stand around? then advertise that you're making a group/WB and lead. if you don't, then you're just one of the 90% standing around and waiting.
This. We need leaders again. I think an incentive for people to create warbands as it's even hard to get someone to create an overflow during a siege now.

I saw a couple folks on special mounts this weekend and made me think...

Proposal, rewards for wb leaders.
1. WB leader gets 2% RP gain increase for every person in their WB above 6 man. It has to be a WB, not 6 man parties since there's already enough incentive for aao hunters.
2. Once someone gets X hours logged leading 24 man WB, they have different tiers of event mounts that open up. Like the griffins, manticores, etc.

These 2 things might get more semi organized rvr going and breed a new generation of leaders.

Ads
Vri

Post#12 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:13 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:57 pm Standing around doing nothing is what leaderless pugs do. without a half decent WB leader, 90% of people in this game don't know what to do, so they just sit in a keep and wait.

dont like that people stand around? then advertise that you're making a group/WB and lead. if you don't, then you're just one of the 90% standing around and waiting.
hardly any one wants to hear input from older players, which is fine. However, these same players will cry in chat about Order ruining the game or Destro only blobs.
Last edited by Vri on Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nebelwerfer

Post#13 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:32 pm

i think often the problem isnt that it's uneven numbers or that players in generall are hapless pugs who don't know the game without their wb leads... I think that the action is extremely erratic and difficult to coordinate or follow because of high mobility from fast mounts, organized groups eagerness to run around the whole zone - looking to ambush pugs or catch another organized warband off-guard plus sieges are boring af, and losing a ram is time-wise very punishing, demoralizing people making them log-out.

Organized wbs are leaving unorganized groups to fend for themselves, getting farmed in wc or be as bait guarding an objective. This is very unfortunate as it should be the other way around, the organized warbands should be the steady center of the action of which weaker groups can play around or retreat to, the good old slow-pace tug of war style that is amazing to participate in.

promoting this style of play with guild-banners, disallowing mounting in combat/adding cd or speed reduction, increasing the size of warband groups, making bannercarriers trackable on map to imrpove coordination etc have been suggested in the past :mrgreen:

Vri

Post#14 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:04 pm

ravezaar wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:25 pm I made a post on what impact I tought the new weekly system has on playerbase, 3 weeks in iam even more sure
I recall that ! rather odd how its playing out now, in real time.

Shogun4138

Post#15 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:42 pm

Bottom line is the game has become boring. End game goals are now on a timer, city, and lotd. This eliminates any need to try for them as it will happen on its own by no effort of players.

BO's are only need untill 2 stars have been had.

Then keep attacks where majority of players just stand around (defenders and attackers).

The emphasis on warbands have destroyed the balance 6 man groups give.

Lets hope new things to do are added in and hopefully the final destination is in a realms hand.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Vri

Post#16 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:38 pm

Shogun4138 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:42 pm Bottom line is the game has become boring. End game goals are now on a timer, city, and lotd. This eliminates any need to try for them as it will happen on its own by no effort of players.

BO's are only need untill 2 stars have been had.

Then keep attacks where majority of players just stand around (defenders and attackers).

The emphasis on warbands have destroyed the balance 6 man groups give.

Lets hope new things to do are added in and hopefully the final destination is in a realms hand.
I really miss what rvr was 2-3 years ago. Double rams, some premade v premade wbs in the lakes, Random guild wbs doing what they do. Spetz for one was a good added mix of chaos and vet players... Panda, Haka, Fugly, Gorethunda, Majorwho (lol) you get it. Realz and Fog of Waaagh added to what was happening in rvr, they would farm the server pop over and over.
Some of the Fog guys are still around, Gore is back on, Panda is on from time to time, Major is on and off. This list could go on, guys like Wotop and Pickle... We had a good mix of players and rvr styles and tacts. Now everything is premade but no one can pull a ram. Xrealming has lost its meaning, thats been thrown around like crazy. The vast amount of the player pop would load one realm, push a zone or two into forts, log and push the zones all the way back to the other end. Now you just log if you got smacked around in Cal a little hard.

Dajciekrwi

Post#17 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:40 am

We all have what we deserve, folks.
All this "advices" - find the guild, find party, find the wb - was pushing Players to be passive, without any individual initiativ.
Now, after years of such stimulation, most players are inculcate, that personal exertion is not required in this game.
Good joob , i think!

Hakker

Post#18 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:37 am

It is hard to lead a WB when you never did that before. We do not have a manual to know how to lead a WB. Me to at the begining I said to my group to wait until the ennemy come. I learn with trial of error. Because when we begining, we do bot want to make mistake. We do not want to wipe the group. It is not that easy at the begining.

But if we can have a manual of basic stuff of how to lead it should be great.

-How to fix a group
-The basic rule of RVR
-Some strategy a WB leader can do.
-How to upgrade in the hierarchy of leading (begin the lead a overflow WB and after that try to small group alone).

But yeah, I think we can do something. If not the player will learn in the hard way like i did before. If a player want, he will be good with time! 😁👍🏻

Ads