Only one open zone during EU prime

Let's talk about... everything else
Tyrodan

Only one open zone during EU prime

Post#1 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:56 pm

Hi everyone,

currently we only have one open zone during EU sunday evening. Hundreds of players cramped into a zone that would better serve as a formula 1 racing track, than a t4 battlefield. Guildies are pissed, alliance members are pissed, pretty much anybody that values smallscale gameplay is probably pissed.

Why is there only one open zone during EU prime with roughly 800 players online? I get that there are players out there, that value wb-play over anything else. But why is everyone forced to play like that? We used to have up to 3 zones open - people who didn't like the zerg could simply move and play the game to their liking. This is no longer possible in situations like tonight.

My question is: is this an oversight? Should the game scale up with rising population but failed to do so for one reason or another? Zones used to lock after fort sieges, but with the changes to the campaign this should no longer be the case, right? Is it a deliberate design choice?

Would appreciate some insight. Other opinions on the 1-zone-for-everyone situation are also welcome.

Ads
Kpi

Re: Only one open zone during EU prime

Post#2 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:45 pm

I hope someday there will be 3 zones open again :(
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Dabbart

Post#3 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:20 am

Tyrodan wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:56 pm
Why is there only one open zone during EU prime with roughly 800 players online?

Because 1 fort was capped by Destro, and the other by Order. The system doesn't reset until 1 side caps 2 forts or the timer runs out(I think).

Should it? I don't feel strongly one way or the other. Come up with a way that it would work. Who loses their capped fort? How long before the zone auto unlocks? Etc
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:48 am

ummm. excuse me. but what does any realm get by having a fort "locked" in current rvr system? what would they "lose" with that capped fort? afaik fort cap only serves to get number of taken forts up by +1.

Lithenir

Post#5 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:59 am

With the new City system you need to have one fort locked for the attacker to reach the city when city is on schedule. This means that destro forts are locked when order has more victory points from taking forts and order forts are locked when destro has more points.
This leads to one locked fort each with a tie in victory points.

So simply what happened yesterday was that the victory points were tied at 2-2 iirc leading to only one open zone.

Tyrodan

Post#6 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:15 am

Lithenir wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:59 am With the new City system you need to have one fort locked for the attacker to reach the city when city is on schedule. This means that destro forts are locked when order has more victory points from taking forts and order forts are locked when destro has more points.

So simply what happened yesterday was that the victory points were tied at 2-2 iirc leading to only one open zone.
I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Kpi

Post#7 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:15 am

Lithenir wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:59 am With the new City system you need to have one fort locked for the attacker to reach the city when city is on schedule. This means that destro forts are locked when order has more victory points from taking forts and order forts are locked when destro has more points.

With the new flight to the enemy city this is not necesary block 1 fort to queue to city
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Lithenir

Post#8 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:28 am

Kpi wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:15 am

With the new flight to the enemy city this is not necesary block 1 fort to queue to city
You can fly to the attacked city as attacker now? Interesting.
In that case there is no need to lock forts, instead we could have 3 open zones at all time

Ads
Jeliel80

Post#9 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:18 am

I think there should always be at least 2 zones open, everybody is already stacking like crazy, at least you have the chance to switch zones.

But even better... just always have 3 zones open, can slightly tweak the system to avoid unnecessary locks anyway.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81

Ruin

Post#10 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:44 am

One thing i have to say on the behalf on the new system, the more unpopular zones, are having some play threw more that with the previous system, which is a good thing in my eyes.