Recent Topics

Ads

gearing up without pve

Let's talk about... everything else
Scottx125

Re: gearing up without pve

Post#1 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:05 pm

Yeah, PvP. But I will say doing PvP getting each gear set is gonna take you a lot longer than doing 3-4 runs of each PvE Dungeon and saving your crests for Sov.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
rrrutsss

Post#2 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:14 pm

Better do the pve stuff for ward unlocks. You can do each dungeon 1 time and have most of the gear unlocked. And if you dont want to do it again just buy the missing pieces from rvr vendor.

Razid1987

Post#3 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:40 pm

Only thing I can say is stay away from T4-PQs, for Wards. I've farming them to try and get Ruin pieces for Officer Wards. But having done some 70-odd PQs solo as Marauder, and timing them, and have only gotten 3 Gold Bags (6% chance), I calculated it would take me almost 50 hours of farming (At the fastest PQ) to have a 90% chance of getting all 5 pieces.
The problem is two fold: The wait time, and the diminishing returns on the gold bags: If you can finish the PQ in 3 mins, you'll still only farm at a 50% efficiency, since there's a over 3 mins wait between resets, so you'll only get one bag every 6 mins.
The first Gold Bag you get, you have a 100% chance of getting a Ruin-piece that you need. When you have 4/5 Ruin, you have just a 20% chance of getting the right piece, out of a 6% drop chance. That's 1.2% chance to get a drop, every 6 mins.

Having done this, I must either have been really unlucky with my Gold Bags, or this is simply not a viable way to get Officer Wards. If you farm for 4 hours every single day, at this rate, it will take you almost 2 entire weeks to get all 5 Officer Wards, and even then, there's still a 10% chance, that you won't have it by then.

If you could either buy Ruin pieces from from War Tokens/some other currency, or the reset timer for PQs was significantly reduced, this might be viable. But not as of right now.

So yeah, stick with PvE Dungeons, or RvR :D
Last edited by Razid1987 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manatikik

Post#4 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:52 pm

Razid1987 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:40 pm Only thing I can say is stay away from T4-PQs, for Wards. I've farming them to try and get Ruin pieces for Officer Wards. But having done some 70-odd PQs solo as Marauder, and timing them, and have only gotten 3 Gold Bags (6% chance), I calculated it would take me almost 50 hours of farming (At the fastest PQ) to have a 90% chance of getting all 5 pieces.
The problem is two fold: The wait time, and the diminishing returns on the gold bags: If you can finish the PQ in 3 mins, you'll still only farm at a 50% efficiency, since there's a over 3 mins wait between resets, so you'll only get one bag every 6 mins.
The first Gold Bag you get, you have a 100% chance of getting a Ruin-piece that you need. When you have 4/5 Ruin, you have just a 20% chance of getting the right piece, out of a 6% drop chance. That's 1.2% chance to get a drop, every 6 mins.

Having done this, I must either have been really unlucky with my Gold Bags, or this is simply not a viable way to get Officer Wards. If you farm for 4 hours every single day, at this rate, it will take you almost 2 entire weeks to get all 5 Officer Wards, and even then, there's still a 10% chance, that you won't have it by then.

If you could either buy Ruin pieces from from War Crests/some other currency, or the reset timer for PQs was significantly reduced, this might be viable. But not as of right now.

So yeah, stick with PvE Dungeons, or RvR :D
Hard PQ’s guarantee at least one gold bag and you can buy Ruin in the capitol cities with War Crests lol… Farming ruin should take less than an hour
<Montague><Capulet>

Razid1987

Post#5 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:29 pm

Yeah, sorry. Haven't really played much in the last 6 years, so not entirely up to date with all the changes - Info is kinda hard to come by in this game, when you've been away.
This was more from a solo point of view. I don't think solo'ing Hard-PQs in T4 is really viable when you're freshly dinged (aka need wards).
You can buy it with War Crests, true. I wrote War Crests, but meant War Tokens (The ones you get from PvE). Can you buy Ruin with that, like the previous PvE sets in WCs?
I did look at all vendors in IC, looking for one selling Ruin for War Tokens, but without any luck. The ones in IC seems to only take War Crests.
Last edited by Razid1987 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Toggle

Post#6 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:24 pm

Razid1987 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:29 pm Yeah, sorry. Haven't really played much in the last 6 years, so not entirely up to date with all the changes - Info is kinda hard to come by in this game, when you've been away.
This was more from a solo point of view. I don't think solo'ing Hard-PQs in T4 is really viable when you're freshly dinged (aka need wards).
But I'm happy to hear you can buy Ruin from War Crests, though - That changes everything.
I did look at all vendors (Or so I thought, I guess) in IC, looking for one selling Ruin, but without any luck. Where is this vendor, exactly? The ones to the south seem to only take RvR-currency.
Slaneesh Temple. It’s near the other vendors of RvR gear.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Razid1987

Post#7 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:27 pm

Found it - Thank you!
Info like this would really be helpful if it was on the Wiki.

Rubius
Developer

Post#8 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:17 am

Razid1987 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:27 pm Found it - Thank you!
If you encounter things that you weren't able to find on the Wiki (or found and it was out of date), please let me know. If you're up for it, feel free to also edit / build that page for the Wiki!

We're going page-by-page and updating the Wiki still, but it's an ongoing process so lots still to update.

The perspective of newer players / returning players is really helpful here, as it's likely that others will have the same questions you did. :)

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#9 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:26 am

I geared up my Slayer and Engi doing only orvr / sc’s and doing same way on my choppa. So yes it’s possible. Is it the fastest? No
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Razid1987

Post#10 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:21 am

Rubius wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:17 am
Razid1987 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:27 pm Found it - Thank you!
If you encounter things that you weren't able to find on the Wiki (or found and it was out of date), please let me know. If you're up for it, feel free to also edit / build that page for the Wiki!

We're going page-by-page and updating the Wiki still, but it's an ongoing process so lots still to update.

The perspective of newer players / returning players is really helpful here, as it's likely that others will have the same questions you did. :)
I was under the impression that only a select few could edit the wiki. But that's really nice to hear! I'll definitely edit any out of date information I come across - Thank you.