Recent Topics

Ads

What is the best way to gear up as a fresh 40?

Let's talk about... everything else
Koensol

What is the best way to gear up as a fresh 40?

Post#1 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:19 pm

As title says, what is currently the best way to gear up as a fresh lvl 40? Back before I stopped playing (like 2+ years ago) people would first farm Ruin set, which is what I have on my choppa. Is this still done? And where to go from there next? What gear to focus on first?

Ads
Yazeran

Re: What is the best way to gear up as a fresh 40?

Post#2 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:41 pm

Koensol wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:19 pm As title says, what is currently the best way to gear up as a fresh lvl 40? Back before I stopped playing (like 2+ years ago) people would first farm Ruin set, which is what I have on my choppa. Is this still done? And where to go from there next? What gear to focus on first?
U can do Beastlord PVE quest or start doing PVE Dungeons like Gunbad - > Crypts and Tunnels (on order side) -> Hunters Vale -> Bastion Stairs.
But low RR lvl RvR armor is easy reachable, if u spend a time before reaching lvl40 in RvR.
If u dont have crests i think PVE way is fastest
Kaspar - WP RR80+ from Bene Tlailax
order alts: Kazador (IB), Hargin (SL) and 7 more
destro alts: Kash (Mara), Kashnik (Shamy) and 8 more

Koensol

Post#3 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:46 pm

Yazeran wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:41 pm
Koensol wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:19 pm As title says, what is currently the best way to gear up as a fresh lvl 40? Back before I stopped playing (like 2+ years ago) people would first farm Ruin set, which is what I have on my choppa. Is this still done? And where to go from there next? What gear to focus on first?
U can do Beastlord PVE quest or start doing PVE Dungeons like Gunbad - > Crypts and Tunnels (on order side) -> Hunters Vale -> Bastion Stairs.
But low RR lvl RvR armor is easy reachable, if u spend a time before reaching lvl40 in RvR.
Yea I don't have that many crests. So which do you recommend on starting? And are there any requirements to these dungeons?
Keep in mind I have full Ruin set atm.

NSKaneda

Post#4 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:58 pm

Koensol wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:46 pm
Spoiler:
Yea I don't have that many crests. So which do you recommend on starting? And are there any requirements to these dungeons?

I'd start with beastlord since it's a good mixing set that will last you for ages.

Then comes hard decision:

A. get Hunter's Vale set which will last you till invader but downside is it doesn't grant ward atm (but is an awesome set), or

B. start the grind with Gunbad for Red Eye set + purple weapons (save crests for genesis set) -> city dungeons for Sentinel Ring + armour set and weapons -> Bastion Stairs for Bloodlord + weapons -> use saved up crests to buy sovereign, or

C. use beastlord and spend crests on sc/orvr sets and get sentinel weapon + ring

D. use beastlord + HV and sentinel ring while filling up wards with whatever you can doing all of the above

The choice is yours, all options have their pros and cons.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Koensol

Post#5 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:24 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:58 pm
Koensol wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:46 pm
Spoiler:

I'd start with beastlord since it's a good mixing set that will last you for ages.

Then comes hard decision:

A. get Hunter's Vale set which will last you till invader but downside is it doesn't grant ward atm (but is an awesome set), or

B. start the grind with Gunbad for Red Eye set + purple weapons (save crests for genesis set) -> city dungeons for Sentinel Ring + armour set and weapons -> Bastion Stairs for Bloodlord + weapons -> use saved up crests to buy sovereign, or

C. use beastlord and spend crests on sc/orvr sets and get sentinel weapon + ring

D. use beastlord + HV and sentinel ring while filling up wards with whatever you can doing all of the above

The choice is yours, all options have their pros and cons.
Thanks alot for your input. Is it common practice to use complete sets or do you mix and match different pieces?

Evilspinnre

Post#6 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:47 pm

It depends on the set/class. Many BIS builds compose of 2 armour sets being mixed, with a jewellery set (Genesis) as well.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

NSKaneda

Post#7 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:20 pm

On the other hand full set bonuses can give an edge when reinforced with renown points training - it all boils down to what you can pull off and feel better while wearing.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

mix12388

Post#8 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:32 pm

Hey , best way to grind your new char is to get your way through the wards by pve farm PQ to get all the wards till Ruin gear. After that farm dungeons till you get to Bloodlord set and while you do that farm the weeklys and do scenarios and keep all the Crests from lvl 1 to buy your end game gear. You gotta be really patient with this method but it worked for me im sitting with a level 38 char and already can buy chest and shoulder pieces of sov.
Goregrunt 82rr Choppa :mrgreen:

Slayin stunties since 2k14

Ads
Koensol

Post#9 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:22 pm

mix12388 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:32 pm Hey , best way to grind your new char is to get your way through the wards by pve farm PQ to get all the wards till Ruin gear. After that farm dungeons till you get to Bloodlord set and while you do that farm the weeklys and do scenarios and keep all the Crests from lvl 1 to buy your end game gear. You gotta be really patient with this method but it worked for me im sitting with a level 38 char and already can buy chest and shoulder pieces of sov.
Which weekly's are you talking about? And why scenario's?

Strakar

Post#10 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:18 am

Not sure I would gear up in pve anymore except for the lvl 16 dungeons set. The war crest costs for rvr gear is pretty low, whereas the war token cost for pve gear is high. That's also a lot of xp gain with no rr, going to put you behind the 8 ball when you hit 40.

On the other hand, dungeon sets after you hit 40 is a good way to get Wards to save crests until you get sov. Unfortunately as an NA player it's hard to find groups anymore. I would contend RP gain is so slow now it doesn't matter, you'll save crests by the time you need the next tier.