Recent Topics

Ads

Permanent Double XP/Renown

Let's talk about... everything else
Celyt

Permanent Double XP/Renown

Post#1 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:31 pm

Hello everyone, I noticed people were less then enthusiastic when double Renown ended. I would like to suggest that Double Renown stay on up until a point, say RR80. This would give new comers more of a reason to continue playing, as they will already feel inadequate to full sov groups roaming or queuing once they hit 40. Also, it adds a number flair the definitely is more exciting.

PS - Marauder armor pen tactic doesn't work.

Ads
Lileldys

Re: Permanent Double XP/Renown

Post#2 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:20 pm

You get double renown but then you still far back on gear progression.

RDPS Conq has no wounds so you're left with 5k hp and you'll get killed in 3gcds

PS- prove mara pen doesn't work and raise a Bug on the bugtracker

Sulorie

Post#3 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:30 pm

When you double the baseline, do you want X4 RR/XP for future events compared to today?
Dying is no option.

lemao

Post#4 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:20 pm

PS - Marauder armor pen tactic doesn't work.
[/quote]

Proof ?

Celyt

Post#5 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:28 pm

I can get proof for the tactic. Also, if you kept double, people wouldn't want a double of that because the progression would be realistic. Lastly, yes gear progression would be somewhat of an issue, but atleast they'd be able to wear it and get more renown points to spend at the trainer/mastery points. Which in the end is really big in itself.

agemennon675

Post#6 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:34 pm

I can understand the reasoning behind not having double exp all the time but what is harmful about double renown ? Low renown characters lacking Stats and skill points on top of gear. Why not give everyone max Mastery and Renown points at rr 40 instead of 80 so they can compete better ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Celyt

Post#7 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:40 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:34 pm I can understand the reasoning behind not having double exp all the time but what is harmful about double renown ? Low renown characters lacking Stats and skill points on top of gear. Why not give everyone max Mastery and Renown points at rr 40 instead of 80 so they can compete better ?
Exactly, it's about being able to compete which currently, new and experienced players can't without gear or Renown points.

Fenris78

Post#8 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:27 pm

Its not about the time you need to achieve 40/80 (wich in reality achieve few), it's about the time you need to understand and master your class. You can be 40/80 in less than a month, and still knowing barely anything about the game, your class and the other, so why the hurry ?

I dont think shortening the playtime by half will be of any benefit for players.

You need to learn from your wins, as well as your losses, as everyone else do, in game or in real life... ;)

And what if you start with a character already max level and renown ?
Will you be bored because you dont have progression anymore, and play another alt ?
Will you really in that timelength learn all you need to know about your class, your allies and foes ?

Think about that before asking for everything with the least amount of effort/time invested. The progression in meant to teach players how to play with their class, plus getting a sense of progression (wich for many is a sufficent motivation to keep playing).

Ads
lemao

Post#9 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:36 pm

Celyt wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:28 pm I can get proof for the tactic. Also, if you kept double, people wouldn't want a double of that because the progression would be realistic. Lastly, yes gear progression would be somewhat of an issue, but atleast they'd be able to wear it and get more renown points to spend at the trainer/mastery points. Which in the end is really big in itself.
Can you put in on the bugtracker ?

Sulorie

Post#10 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:44 pm

Celyt wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:40 pm
Exactly, it's about being able to compete which currently, new and experienced players can't without gear or Renown points.
You won't succeed even with gear and ranks, if you don't use the time in lower tiers to learn.
Hiding behind gear and ranks differences is just the next convinient thing, right next to pug/premades, since NB plays a lesser role.
Dying is no option.