Recent Topics

Ads

Question about wards and armor sets

Let's talk about... everything else
franzjaeger

Question about wards and armor sets

Post#1 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:23 pm

Hello!

I've recently returned to RoR and the last time I played was before the unified currency system. I'm wondering about wards, are those a currency that are spent when buying armor, or is it just an unlock in the ToK that allows me to equip certain gear?

Also, the wards seem to be "built" using either PvE set pieces or RvR set pieces, does that mean I can spent War Tokens from PQ's to get the early level wards and save my War Crests for higher tier gear? If so, is that a common strategy? I somewhat remember the PvE sets as being less desireable than RvR sets, but perhaps that's depending on class and build.

Right now I've been saving up all tokens and crests because I'm not really sure how best to spend them.

Thanks!

Ads
Cyrylius

Re: Question about wards and armor sets

Post#2 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:41 pm

It's unlock, you get it by equipping a piece of gear with given level in a specific slot. Meaning, getting 3 ruin 2 anni will get you the ward.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

franzjaeger

Post#3 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:57 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:41 pm It's unlock, you get it by equipping a piece of gear with given level in a specific slot. Meaning, getting 3 ruin 2 anni will get you the ward.
Thank you. Are War Tokens/PQ gear sets at all viable at level 40 or would it be better just to spend it to get the wards?

Lileldys

Post#4 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:49 pm

It's passable for PvE/RvR, but you'll want to jump into Dungeons/PvP to get Redeye/Conq/Dominator and start the progression.

Check Auction for Conq/Domi Boots&Gloves.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#5 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:37 pm

there are also raids which are actually chapter 22 public quests, designed for warband of 24 players. they're the most profitable pve you can do, and they drop a pretty good set, but i dont remember which ward it unlocks.

mix12388

Post#6 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:54 pm

best strategy nowadays to get to top tier end set is to keep all your crests and farm all dungeon sets till bloodlord so you unlock all wards for free
after that you can spent all your crests on your endgame gear

keep in mind not all sets will work out ec on healers dungeon sets tend to be dps and offspecs mostly but will do the work
Goregrunt 82rr Choppa :mrgreen:

Slayin stunties since 2k14