Recent Topics

Ads

Triumphant Jewelry - A request to reconsider the cost

Let's talk about... everything else
Littleone

Triumphant Jewelry - A request to reconsider the cost

Post#1 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:29 pm

Hello,
it used to be understandable to make the triumphant jewel 9999 war crests as an alternative to buying it through Solo Ranked, when solo ranked was really happening. However, solo rank is dead and there is no way to buy the jewel through this way anymore. So, at the moment everyone is forced to buying a single set piece with the cost of almost 6/7 Sov. set. I don't think that's fair. I am not suggesting making it as easy as obtaining a set piece, but 10k is just ridiculous. I just wonder how others feel about that. thank you for your contribution.

Ads
Tanski

Re: Triumphant Jewelry - A request to reconsider the cost

Post#2 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:44 pm

A similar post was made a few weeks back and you will get a similar response. The ring should have never been made available with crests, but the ranked experiment failed due to toxicity and spergs and now you have a situation where 5 sov 4 triumph is exceptionally powerful on mdps in particular, just way better than everything else.

If ranked isn’t making a comeback maybe put the ring behind city so we can have more sweaty cities 😀
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Rydiak

Post#3 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:45 pm

Though I have no problem with the 9999 cost, I would be okay with it dropping to say 8,000 but I don't think it should go any lower than that. You are correct that ranked is functionally dead (Sigmar be praised) but the jewel is still one of the most powerful items for its slot in the game. Having a high power, high cost item for end-game players to work towards is not a bad thing. Personally I'm just glad that the option to make it available outside of ranked farming was given the green light. The game has been a LOT healthier since ranked was no longer a prime focus point for development.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Tyrex2017

Post#4 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:51 pm

I have no problem with the cost of the best jewel in the game. But I have a problem with War crest bound to player. Changing for War crest bound to account could decrease the investment required.
War crest bound to account gives the possibility to transfer crests between a main and an alt for example.

I have 35k+ war crest on my main fully geared. Why I cannot transfer some crest to my alts, for the same account?

Omegus

Post#5 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:29 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:45 pm Though I have no problem with the 9999 cost, I would be okay with it dropping to say 8,000 but I don't think it should go any lower than that. You are correct that ranked is functionally dead (Sigmar be praised) but the jewel is still one of the most powerful items for its slot in the game. Having a high power, high cost item for end-game players to work towards is not a bad thing. Personally I'm just glad that the option to make it available outside of ranked farming was given the green light. The game has been a LOT healthier since ranked was no longer a prime focus point for development.
It's a ring on Invader-level gear, and is only something for "end-game players" to work towards if they were already in Sov when the sets came out. With how gear progression works now, the price is hilariously out of place with regards to how (war crests from any PVP) and when (before Sov) the gear is acquired. The Victorious and Triumphant are no longer "ranked" sets and should stop being treated as such.

Meanwhile, Bloodlord weapons (BIS for a lot of DPS) are trivial to acquire and come with a much bigger power increase than upgrading a few Sentinel pieces to Triumphant/Victorious.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

BluIzLucky

Post#6 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:23 pm

If there are plans to try to revitalise solo ranked by making the ring easy to obtain there, non-ranked cost should stay as is.

If ranked is not getting touched again, just reduce cost to 2k (saying that as someone who loved solo ranked and already spent 10k on ring).
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Tesq

Post#7 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:18 am

Simple answer remove the jewelry. DD are alredy powerfull enough introduce this was a mistake.

Rydiak

Post#8 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:21 am

Tesq wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:18 am Simple answer remove the jewelry. DD are alredy powerfull enough introduce this was a mistake.
Great idea if you want to further drive players away from this game.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
lemao

Post#9 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:41 am

Tesq wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:18 am Simple answer remove the jewelry. DD are alredy powerfull enough introduce this was a mistake.
Worst take

Tesq

Post#10 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:46 am

Rydiak wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:21 am
Great idea if you want to further drive players away from this game.
IF you go for the BIS and everyone lose THE bis gear everyone is alredy BIS, why they should quit? unles they are here for the power creep and gear zombi grind.