Xrealming Has Got to Go

Let's talk about... everything else
dtjror

Xrealming Has Got to Go

Post#1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:24 am

PVE sieges/forts are no fun. I certainly could be wrong, but the general consensus seems to be a significant part of the problem is xrealmers. Fort defense apparently has its own problem with lack of incentive.

Supposedly there were at least two polls on the issue, with the community overwhelmingly supporting xrealm restrictions. But the devs said this was “wrong”. Why even have a poll then?

So, I’d like to politely ask, what is the rationale for allowing immediate faction switching? Because to someone ignorant like me, it seems hard to imagine the game being worse off with restrictions in place.

Ads
Scottx125

Re: Xrealming Has Got to Go

Post#2 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:51 am

dtjror wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:24 am PVE sieges/forts are no fun. I certainly could be wrong, but the general consensus seems to be a significant part of the problem is xrealmers. Fort defense apparently has its own problem with lack of incentive.

Supposedly there were at least two polls on the issue, with the community overwhelmingly supporting xrealm restrictions. But the devs said this was “wrong”. Why even have a poll then?

So, I’d like to politely ask, what is the rationale for allowing immediate faction switching? Because to someone ignorant like me, it seems hard to imagine the game being worse off with restrictions in place.
There isn't, if I'm not mistake there's a lockout of an hour or so. Still too lenient. If you switch from a weaker side to an outnumbering side you should receive a -50% crest and renown gain for 2 hours imo.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

DirkDaring

Post#3 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:05 am

Back in Feb or March of 2016 I suggested a lockout timer similar to what live had at the end but not the 8 hour but maybe a 3 to 4 hour lock out. There was no lockout back then, and my suggestion was not liked, I was told there are no Xrealmers, and it`s just people randomly deciding to log off, or the other side people finally being able to play, and logging on.

Several years later they added a lockout timer, but you still had players, that would push fort, and city then swap sides as the timer was over. Then they added another timer having to do with Forts, to try and prevent Xrealming

Omegus

Post#4 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:38 am

It's a free game and people can just have 2 accounts - one for order and one for destro.

Please propose how to fix that.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Mordd

Post#5 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:08 am

dtjror wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:24 am PVE sieges/forts are no fun. I certainly could be wrong, but the general consensus seems to be a significant part of the problem is xrealmers. Fort defense apparently has its own problem with lack of incentive.

actually from the polls they took and the reaction from when they did change the way real timers work. it is over whelming to leave it or reduce it.

What they need to do is change rewards for PV-Door and give a lott better rewards for trying to defend even if you lose than current. Right now there is no reason to try and do a losing defense.
You get basically nothing if you try and defend and lose. So people just dont defend. They can go take empty keeps and get free bags. Thats what needs to change.

nonfactor

Post#6 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:09 am

dtjror wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:24 am I certainly could be wrong, but the general consensus seems to be a significant part of the problem is xrealmers.
No, xrealming is the scapegoat for bad players. There is no proof that it is a real issue right now.

Caduceus

Post#7 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:03 am

The problem isn't xrealming.

The problem is that the game rewards players for winning the objective. Players find the easiest way to win the objective, and that is often by zerging, and not by fighting each other. In fact, when numbers are equal and players are forced to fight each other, the game can become very unrewarding and people complain about stalemates, etc.

If we want more players fighting each other (which I think we do? I do at least. Unclear if the devs agree though), the simple solution is to make it more rewarding for players to fight.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

madrocks
Suspended

Post#8 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:41 am

It's quite paradox how people complain about stalemates and empty keep sieges at the same time.

Crossrealming, yeh...
It used to describe those who would log on the winning side after they wiped in rvr a couple times. Just to get an effortless free bag or improve their next bag roll within this questionable reward system.

Do people switch sides as the OP describes?
Hard to tell..
The system how AAO is displayed has a delay of 15minutes if I recall right, this change has made it very difficult to actually see if people mass migrated to the other realm. On purpose? Who knows.
Nothing is worse then giving murki informations (SoR addon). You either show the real numbers, or you don't show them at all. Anything else is trying to cover something up or a bad game development choice.

The crossrealm poll was in my opinion 100% flawed.
Would you give an honest answer if your end goal is to cash in bags for all the alts on both realms?
Would you give an honest answer if your end goal is to farm pugs on both realms and call yourself a good player?
Lutz

Ads
malark

Post#9 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:02 am

it's undeniable that gaming of the system is going on, whether it's from people switching accounts or not who knows

but I actually can't count the times i've been playing as a destro player and we push to a fort and then suddenly we're outnumbered or fighting super organised highly geared opposition and on our side... well there's new players and casuals and we all get stomped and barely ever get a chance to do anything. It's so blatant we get attacked while we're preparing during the 3 min timer. This huge group of Order just appear and charge right through the middle of us so eeven if we did want to plan or organise during the 3 min timer we can't even do that.

If this isn't people switching accounts, then there must be some sort of automated notifications going out or something. Either way it STINKS. But I guess i'd agree it's pointless to fix xrealming anyway if this element will just always play order then anyway to the detriment of the game overall. I personally beleive it's time to make balance changes. Definitely nerf rampage for instance. I understand calling for nerfs might look bad but the attitude of some of this Order opposiiton in how they basically openly abuse a video game is practically asking for it, begging for it even.

Rowanmantle

Post#10 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:25 am

I agree, 7 day lockout. IP tracking for those with multiple accounts.

Xrealmers are the true scourge and must be stopped.

#keepRoRsafe
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara