Recent Topics

Ads

Xrealming Has Got to Go

Let's talk about... everything else
dtjror

Re: Xrealming Has Got to Go

Post#41 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:14 am

Wow, lots of interesting and informative posts. I think I’m beginning to see and agree it’s more the reward (or lack thereof) system that is the root problem, not xrealming per se.

I don’t think it’s been explicitly mentioned (maybe it’s just understood or implied), but I wonder how much the irrelevance of the campaign and the currency unification plays into this. I stopped playing for a while before that, and came back about 9 months later, so I wasn’t around to observe the immediate impact.

Ads
Kirss

Post#42 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:58 am

Nothing that the devs can do that can truly stop Xreamling players (Perhaps aside from the Korean SSN method but even that can be gotten around).

Really the only realistic thing they can do is remove the incentive.

Lithenir

Post#43 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:38 am

Andamarine wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:41 pm Just one example from this weekend:

First night: I joined with my BG only wb on Desto side which was led by Mijal. 12-18 ppl for the most time. Almost all were on discord. With some luck we killed some ppl in first zone, we got wiped sever times when moving around keep under siege in the second zone. Almost every action is tricky and every single mistake you made is quickly punished by 2-3 order warbands in the area. And after 2-3 wipes ppl just starting to log off. But with some luck I got like 100+ crests and some bags and thanks to AAO renown bonus made almost one renown rank.

But nothing from it is guaranteed when playing underdog. You can die several times just trying to get one box to WC with bad luck and get nothing at all.

Second night: I joined with my WP warband led by Nesi. We took 6-7 zones (including 2 PvE forts) in 4 hours. Most were with 240-400 AAO for Destro. There was like one decent fight in 4 hours but considering the mumbers the outcome was predicable. And yes it was Mijals WB and we wiped them.I was sorry about it because I want them to have fun in this game too, but it is what it is. After it, there was no destro at all for a few hours, except for some WEs trying to kill peaple running boxes.

I got around 400 crests+6 bags and made 1.5 renown rank with my WP. And all of it was almost guaranteed I havent died a single time. All without discord needed and in several times I was even AFK on toilet or making a coffee.

Now with this experience please help me to choose which side should I play next weekend. Thank you. I can not decide myself.
I'd go and play destro tbh, playing order sounds boring af

Lisutaris

Post#44 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:27 pm

Well, my 2 coppers if any1 even is interested.....

....x realming wasn't a good thing in even one of the games I have played and it isn't here.
Long lockout, deacrease in crest/rewards ... yes I would prefer that.

Long story short ... if one faction has issues with active numbers/playerbase ... it should get a (significant) boost.
Combined with really long debuffs/decreased rewards for x-realmers ... this should solve a lot of problems.

But that's just my opinion on this :)
~~ Guildleader of Entropy and Chaos ~~

Rhyshara - DoK || Rhykera - Sorc || Rhyleth - BG || Sharaye - WE
Destro only <3

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands

HammerGuy

Post#45 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:29 am

If you cannot prevent people from cross-realming, give incentives to stay on the underpopulated/losing side, beyond the pittance of extra crests and renown from AAO.

The extra crests and renown from AAO, if you even manage to get some kills and contribution (extremely difficult if you're outnumbered by a significant margin), aren't worth sticking around for during a losing keep or fort.

Either give a damage/heal/defensive boost to the underdog side, or give rewards beyond just killing and running boxes.

Vl4ddy

Post#46 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:43 am

This may be a bit off topic but has anyone looked into what EDEN is doing with DAoC?

They are using Discord to authenticate; they are watching IP addresses; no more than one account per player; and they are giving loyalty bonuses for playing the same realm over and over; if you play another realm in NF (ORVR zone for DAoC) your loyalty completely resets.

I will agree; the rewards for losing need to be similar to winning, and the goal of the game should be the combat; not the power creep. Although I am very greateful for all of the changes that have happened in the last few years, it really made the game playable for me since I don't have anyone to play with.
Sloppynachos, Ronnieraygun, Ronnyraygun, Phungi.

Cyrylius

Post#47 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:53 am

Vl4ddy wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:43 am This may be a bit off topic but has anyone looked into what EDEN is doing with DAoC?

They are using Discord to authenticate; they are watching IP addresses; no more than one account per player; and they are giving loyalty bonuses for playing the same realm over and over; if you play another realm in NF (ORVR zone for DAoC) your loyalty completely resets.

I will agree; the rewards for losing need to be similar to winning, and the goal of the game should be the combat; not the power creep. Although I am very greateful for all of the changes that have happened in the last few years, it really made the game playable for me since I don't have anyone to play with.
To begin with, it would be complicated to introduce now, that many players already have more than 1 account. But also as it was already mentioned introducing more restrictions isn't necessarily the solution to the problem. Let me ask you a question: if every day, in the same timezone, the same players are playing with q20% AAO for hours, do you really think that it's a matter of xrealming?
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Tesq

Post#48 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:18 am

Didnt read all but

RvR zones
Fort
Cities

Have very different and own problems.

The problem of the fort is similar to rvr keep while also haveing it's own problem of being a zone.

The approach to close instancing the zone didn' t realy solved the issue that nobody want to do fort.

Fort should be made harder again likely with a timer of 2-3h to be made. Have syncro push more fort a requirement not a plus. While also tax the attacker with a fix ammount of time to do so while also be able to siege the zone attackers fortress wc similar to what we had in live for lotd.

If we do not fix the fact that fortress should
1- be harder to take,
2- syncro push a thing and
3 -consider the fortress a zone and not a closed scenario

... we wont fix fortress.

Atm fortress isnt
- a zone that can be locked by defenders
- Is not open
- dosent require realm cooperation but just inside zone cooperation

We total need to scrap prison meccanic, enable attackers wc to be attacked. Make def fort easier for both side theb make it open.

We also need to scrap steps, and make it more dynamic like a zone.
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Darkdargor

Post#49 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:27 am

What about:

If you play order, you have a 2 hour lockout from playing destro and vice-versa.

Gegga

Post#50 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:24 pm

Rowanmantle wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:25 am I agree, 7 day lockout. IP tracking for those with multiple accounts.

Xrealmers are the true scourge and must be stopped.

#keepRoRsafe
hmmm...
Samson Biceps, famous egg.
Not toxic.