Ads

Official Pie Week Feedback thread

Let's talk about... everything else
Rubius
Developer

Official Pie Week Feedback thread

Post#1 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:27 am

Hi everyone!

Pie Week has officially come to a close, and as the Halflings leave the cities in the next day or two, we'd like to hear from the community while your ideas are still fresh!

Specifically, we'd like to know:

---
1. What did you like most about the event?

2. Any things you didn't like, or found too difficult?

3. Are there any event specifics you'd like to see updated or changed if Pie Week returns next year?

---

You can post all answers on this thread so the team is able to read them directly. Thanks for your time, your feedback, and we hope you all had a fun time baking!

Ads
Telther

Re: Official Pie Week Feedback thread

Post#2 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:37 am

That damn bobbing for apples (waste of time)

Loved the event though.

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:22 am

1. What did you like most about the event?
Interesting idea, chef hat prize.

2. Any things you didn't like, or found too difficult?
The majority of the players are like 40 years old+ and you want us to bake a cake to win a chef hat in-game on a private server? No sorry.
Bags full of stuff. (which got fixed)
Pies with liniment buffs of already existing lines.
Believe it or not, there were too many pies.
Streamline the process of making these things aka get someone on the team to make a Lua interface for crafting pies/items in general which can be used in the future.

3. Are there any event specifics you'd like to see updated or changed if Pie Week returns next year?
Chef hat should be something you can actually get in the game instead of requiring the actual making of a physical baked good.
Some balance patches before and after fun events because it isn't fun getting a bunch of events for "fun things" when the base of the game is still unbalanced and there is no end to the misery in sight but it appears that fun events are being pushed at the expense of balance patches. Just put a mini balance patch before and after to make it feel like core issues are getting addressed.

Martok

Post#4 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:17 am

Rubius wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:27 am1. What did you like most about the event?

The base idea was good. I liked all the detail and appreciated the effort. Coupling the event SC requirements with the Weekend SC event was a nice touch. The kill-count totals were appropriate.

Rubius wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:27 am2. Any things you didn't like, or found too difficult?

Once I encountered the 'go to tier 1 and do stuff' aspect of it I kinda just quit. Having to go back to tier 1 is a complete buzzkill, is tedious, aggravating, and robs the event of any real fun.

Rubius wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:27 am3. Are there any event specifics you'd like to see updated or changed if Pie Week returns next year?

Trash the tier 1 stuff, of course. Overall I thought the event a somewhat labor intensive time-sink for the associated game-time investment.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Scottx125

Post#5 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:37 am

My only major negative is the apple bobbing, it completely sucked. Other then that, it was decent. The quest wasn't too long so that was nice.

The thing I liked most was the pies. They were useful and for me at least created a guild effort to stockpile as much as we could.

If I was to ask for anything in future, could we please get some proper walking/reverse animations on mounts please. They look really wonky.
Last edited by Scottx125 on Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Kirss

Post#6 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:56 am

As a fairly new player, I really enjoyed making the pies. I think the system was interesting and created opportunities to make gold if you wanted and/or get some great buffs you won't always have when your starting out.

The event itself overall however was IMO not worth completing if you were below RR80. Too much work for a mount that will expire in 30 or 60 days. I get you don't want to give the top rewards away but there is just too much reliance on SC's for all these events. I enjoyed SCs in T1 and T2 but in T4 they are just not fun but perhaps that's because the small fish syndrome lasts so much longer in T4 from T2.

Maybe add some Open RvR things you can do in the future for newer players or make an optional section where you need to complete one of a group of options to complete it if its possible. (2-3 options per credit overall for certain tasks)

shrredhn

Post#7 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:09 am

Martok wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:17 am
Rubius wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:27 am1. What did you like most about the event?

The base idea was good. I liked all the detail and appreciated the effort. Coupling the event SC requirements with the Weekend SC event was a nice touch. The kill-count totals were appropriate.

Rubius wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:27 am2. Any things you didn't like, or found too difficult?

Once I encountered the 'go to tier 1 and do stuff' aspect of it I kinda just quit. Having to go back to tier 1 is a complete buzzkill, is tedious, aggravating, and robs the event of any real fun.

Rubius wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:27 am3. Are there any event specifics you'd like to see updated or changed if Pie Week returns next year?

Trash the tier 1 stuff, of course. Overall I thought the event a somewhat labor intensive time-sink for the associated game-time investment.
Ah yes the 5minutes you had to spend in nordland killed the event. :roll:

Martok

Post#8 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:10 am

shrredhn wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:09 amAh yes the 5minutes you had to spend in nordland killed the event. :roll:

For me it did. Why that bothers you is the mystery.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Sofong

Post#9 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:15 am

absolutely loved it.... started a new order toon from zero made 2k gold during the event.

Caduceus

Post#10 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:18 am

1. The pie baking was fun and useful. It sparked a lot of activity in my guild with players trading ingredients and playing together to gather more. The fact that some gave unique buffs especially gave a lot of incentive. Great cloak too.

2. I didn't think the apple bobbing was too bad, but it wasn't very clear that only one apple bobbing station provided the prize boxes. That may have cost players a lot of gold and frustration.

3. Add some event titles, achievements and tome unlocks, and the event will be indistinguishable from any of the official ones.

I thought the event was really enjoyable, and one of my favorites so far due to the positive incentive it gave to participate.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz