Recent Topics

Ads

Testers Wanted!

Let's talk about... everything else
Kaelang

Testers Wanted!

Post#1 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:15 pm

Applications Closed for the time being - thanks everyone.

Spoiler:
Good Evening RoR Community!

As you are aware, we are a live-development service and often there are times where we're working on something that requires some additional, hands-on, testing. Our internal team does test as-and-when however during large periods of development we often fall-back on our dedicated testers who join our development server to support us with ongoing requirements.

It's no surprise that we are currently undergoing a large ability rework and have an extensive list of things that could do with being tested. Our current testers have been doing incredible and development has been moving forward at a solid pace, however we're looking at bringing a few extra hands on-deck to support us with this workload.

At present, we are in the position where we are testing every in-game ability one-by-one. Looking at the tooltip, and how the ability works. It's very, very simple work but it's also critical to ensure that the system operates correctly and abilities are doing what they should be doing.

Ideally the individuals we bring onto the testing team will have experience with the class they are looking to help testing with. And have experience running PvE for when dungeon-testing comes around.

Testers will need to have an active Discord account to access our chat and gain access to the test server.

If you are interested in helping the team with ongoing testing during this time please contact a member of the Community Management team via the Forums or Discord and provide the following information:

Please note that anyone who shows interest must have an account in good standing, no prior suspensions or recent warnings and be prepared to have their account vetted for these purposes. We are currently placing applicants on a reserve and will respond to interested individuals on an as and when basis.

Character Name:
Main Class:
Class Expertise:
Timezone:
Availability to test:
Experience with testing, if any:
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
Waaghtastic

Re: Testers Wanted!

Post#2 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:17 am

Oh boy happy to help if I can!

Character Name: Fastgit
Main Class: Squig Herder
Class Expertise: rr84, multiple years, all speccs
Timezone: Altdorf Timezone
Availability to test: during the week in the evening, especially Tuesdays, Thursdays and on the weekend.
Experience with testing, if any: no game dev testing experience (but I work in software development and do a lot of testing if that counts 🤷)

Lilim
Community Management

Post#3 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:49 am

Hey,

jump in our Discord channel (link in my siganture) and poke us :D

Krima

Post#4 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:50 pm

Character Name: Krima
Main Class: Witch Elf
Class Expertise: RR 88, only WE player since live. All speccs. Multiple Bugtracker reports, helped Torq fix most of the broken stuff.
Timezone:UTC-03:00
Availability to test: Weekdays 7PM-11PM
Experience with testing, if any: Helped torq testing new WE skills before release.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

TheRipe

Post#5 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:13 pm

This sounds interesting.

Character Name: Grufrip
Main Class: Choppa
Class Expertise: Over 8 years if counting original WAR too
Timezone: UTC +2 Finland
Availability to test: Online from Monday to Friday, off Saturday and Sunday, 18:00-22:00pm I'm usually running warband for my ingame guild but I can change that according to the situation and need.
Experience with testing, if any: Did open beta testing for warthunder ground forces in 2014, in ror I have tested different combinations of abilities and tactics on Choppa. Also helped ror team with greenskin kill collector texts and with karak eight peaks, karaz a karak annoucement video with my guild.
"Zoggin' stunty! Look wot 'ee did for me kleava! Nuw it'z all kover'd wiv 'eez bludd!"
-Choppa: Grufrip Blakkflagg Da Kaptin o' Da Freebootaz (2015-X)

cromathor

Post#6 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:58 pm

Character Names: Qurator, Qumulus
Main Class: DoK, Zealot
Class Expertise: 82 rr DoK, 81 RR Zealot. Have also played about half of the classes in the game in some small capacity.
Timezone: CST (GMT-6)
Availability to test: Fully open
Experience with testing, if any: I have had the opportunity to perform some QA for a few small titles when I went to school for Game Art and Design. Those include some alpha and beta testing for Octodad, Big Buck Hunter, and some other Play Mechanix titles. I was a major participant in the alpha test for EAs MOBA game Dawngate, which lost funding in beta. I've also participated in PTR testing for WoW, both retail and classic, for PVE raid content.

Aluviya

Post#7 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:00 pm

Character Name: Hesperiell, Aluviya, Myu, Bambee
Main Class: Archmage, Zealot, RP
Class Expertise: All healer classes, and BW, Sorc
Timezone: CET
Availability to test: Open
Experience with testing, if any: None in terms of this game.
Last edited by Aluviya on Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toshutkidup

Post#8 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:40 pm

Very nice that this is being used. Good luck on getting all testers needed.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
Caduceus

Post#9 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:24 am

Character name: Animalmother
Main class: Sorceress
Class expertise: rr87 Sorc, healer archetypes, tank archetypes
Timezone: GMT+1
Availability to test: Can make time outside of work hours.
Experience with testing: -
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

NSKaneda

Post#10 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:42 am

Character Name: Ropopuch, Ginnar, Burszui & many others
Main Class: Shaman, Ironbreaker
Class Expertise: Years worth of playing, both live and RoR
Timezone: Altdorf time
Availability to test: 9PM +
Experience with testing, if any: no official RoR experience, plenty of personal testing the game, UI/UX testing & troubleshooting as part of my day to day work.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *