Recent Topics

Ads

The Immortal Tank

Let's talk about... everything else
Cyrylius

Re: The Immortal Tank

Post#51 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:18 pm

Earthcake wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:05 pm I play all 6 tanks and I find tanking MUCH easier on destro. Guardswapping is a breeze, it's much more annoying on order.
And durability is a problem on neither side.

And rampage doesn t remove 36 of my RR points (which i don t understand how you spec for 36pts into block/parry but whatever) since I do not spec into parry on destro tanks, and haven t for years, without any problem. When snb of course

Of course if you only spec/gear into something that will get nullified, as i read this morning 78% parry and 135% block (lol), then you will suffer.
But noone put a gun on your head and forced you to waste all your spec/gear budget on something that won't work.
avoidances are still the best way of mitigating damage due to parry and block applying to all defendable guard damage. They are just less effective on destro than on order.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Detangler

Post#52 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:42 pm

Like I said, to their dying days they will defend rampage. Any excuse.

I played a SM for a good while. It's laughable how many times I was pulled 5 feet or so by a Choppa. Or pulled back into range of my charging guard target that got away from me. Oh noes, now I have to walk a wee bit. Thanks for punt immunity! The only time it's ever a "broken" ability is keep funnels and stairs, when an occasional person gets yoinked downstairs. As long as the order player isn't completely lacking a brain at worst they will die in rez range. At best they can just face the majority of destro melee dps and block/parry as normal while slowly backing up the stairs.

And how is guard swapping "more annoying" on Order side? It's literally the same mechanic. If RDPS learned to run TOWARD friendly tanks instead of just running away from the fight they'd probably have a much better chance of survival, but that's a problem on both sides unfortunately.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Earthcake

Post#53 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:48 pm

Same mechanic, not at all same execution.

On destro, i/my guardee very rarely get pulled/punted, and i m almost never snared, it s so easy to be where u want to be at all time it s almost laughable.
On order i get tossed away, then my guardee gets tossed away, all the while being perma snared, it s much harder to be where i want to be, and "where i want to be" changes when someone in my grp gets pulled.

I also get KDed randomly which as u know prevents guardswapping.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#54 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:33 pm

In before the thread gets closed for the constant pull/rampage whine that it has turned into instead of what the OP was actually asking.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Snowhawk

Post#55 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:14 pm

I play a shield chosen and after this rampage problem also a shield kotbs to compare the situation:

- On KOTBS i miss the -10% crit Tactic and the AOE -Wounds (only for 2H).
- On Chosen i miss the KOTBS Tactic for +crit after block for the chosen and i got the weaker Auras (resist)... As kotbs i feel more like an supporter (+AP, +15% Heal, +stronger Resi, +crit for group).. Chosen have not this support options. (crit, heal, stronger resi)

Rampage/GTCD Compare:
GTCD: As KOTBS the pull bothers me less than ramapge. i fear more MARA pulls :D
Chosen: I got no GTCD but the WL pull catches me often. but the melting in keeps vs rampage... gnah.

the point is: i play more relaxed with the kotbs and you feel more like a tank than a chosen one. As a KOTBS, I'm good at blocking the entrance or the push without melting away in 10 Seconds. In keeps, forts or funneling i prefer to be a KOTBS.
i play both, but as destro tank i feel helpless in keeps... as a knight i feel safer ;)
As a knight, i also have the courage to stand in the way of choppas and believe that i will survive

back to topic:
chosen vs kotbs (shield)
kotbs feels more immortal
and over all tanks? i say BG... But i like auras :D

Wiede

Post#56 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:21 pm

Confirming order tank > destro tank. On paper the destro bias is pretty strong for individual classes. In RvR enviroment destro tanks aren't playable anymore.

Playing almost only tanks on both sides for years i decided to stop playing destro tanks because the slayer stack and permanent melting through rampage is brutaly annoying as soon the critical mass in a fight is reached. Rampage is kinda fine for me in smallscale, but in stacks its a uncounterable way to permanent insta melts as tank.

I totally understand the strive for 2h regen tanks on destro side. RvR for raidboss destro tanks is plain awful, annoying and lets you permanent question your char development and building decisions... It's not even close to beeing pulled all the time. Sure... you get annoyed if you get pulled out of LoS unfortunately wich is a 1-2 times a day event. But your whole class defining statpacket beeing permanently ignored is just imbalance and disastrous gamedesign.

And thats why you play Order if you want the raidboss feeling or go destro 2h smallscale/solo as destro tank.

I mean, my mindset looking at items stats rly changed over the time in the form i literally ignore the most defining stats for the tank archetype in this game: Parry and block are (largely) ignoreable as stats for destro tanks. Go for Toughness/Armor and Wounds wich sadly isnt that effective in any way.

Dackjanielz

Post#57 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:05 pm

Just one question.

Why does order have a serious tank shortage while destro is a faction that has almost nothing but tanks?

Yeah.

oaliaen

Post#58 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:18 pm

I'd say IB

Ads
Toggle

Post#59 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:34 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:05 pm Just one question.

Why does order have a serious tank shortage while destro is a faction that has almost nothing but tanks?

Yeah.
Because/5 is dead on Order compared to Destro. I have multiple Order tanks, but I don’t play them because I don’t want to spend all my time in game trying to find a group. Takes maybe 5 minutes on Destro side to find something.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Poulpie03

Post#60 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:55 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:05 pm Just one question.

Yeah.
Well that's easy to answer lol, all order tank are ugly af while destro tank are way more cool