Recent Topics

Ads

Which tank destro side

Let's talk about... everything else
Gloubidou

Which tank destro side

Post#1 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:49 am

Hi ! i want to make a tank destro side, because they look supercool, and i was wondering, which of them fit me the best ? i really like them all and can't decide which one to focus on, i like to do about everything, from sc, wb, solo, roaming and so on. i will be playing 2handed, because i find this way more cool than SnB, can you guys give me pro & con of each, and helping me choose ? :D

Ads
mynban

Re: Which tank destro side

Post#2 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:29 am

Endgame all 3 would be viable 2H, but early on BG is probably the only one that will still be effective at low RR in 2H thanks to toughness tactics and enrage. Others will be stat starved to go 2H early ending up being not tanky enough while hitting like wet noodles.

Vri

Post#3 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:02 am

2h tanks only for big sister dezi

Duukar

Post#4 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:42 am

Chosen is definitely the best tank ATM.. Building 2H exclusively is a bad plan.. You go 2H for SCs and SnB for WB play in Orvr.. Chosen does really well in both of these configs.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#5 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:59 am

chosen is probably the easiest to play because he has no class mechanic, just auras. not so many buttons and is really quite good in the solo area. though not very mobile, but i think all tanks lack there.
BG might be fun but you need to have piano skills to be effective :D
BO i don't really know much about but should be good too :)

Cyrylius

Post#6 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:46 am

Assuming you really only plan on playing 2h your best choice is BG, being the only tank in game that has a 2h build for large-scale warband play. That being said, if you don't care about meta viability you can also consider black ork, which, while not a viable pick with 2h build, is nonetheless very fun to play in orvr in various big'un spam builds. Downside to this is a) black ork is in general the least useful tank on destro, lacking utility to justify including it in any group content while it's not tanky enough to be a top pick for solo play and b) it is allegedly the first class to get a rework after skill system modernization, which means it might change drastically before you get to decent rank on it. Still, it can be really fun to play while lacking the mechanical complexity of blackguard. You will be a decent pick for pug SC and warbands, if rarely taken to more optimized groups. Chosen is the only tank that has no 2h builds for big orvr fights, and while you can play 2h there you'll have same survivability issues as black ork while lacking spammable AoE attacks black ork can get. It's not unplayable, but there are close to no upsides of playing chosen without a shield in orvr. And, while you will usually find spots in warbands, it won't be particularly enjoyable until late in game.
Bg also has an added upside of being the tank order whines the most about, if that's a criteria you care about.

Edit: all tanks are very much playable in SCs and smallscale content with a 2H weapon, so I don't take that into consideration. Black ork might lack a ST punt, but it will get you a while before you start feeling it, and you will likely be fine in most situations without it.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Gloubidou

Post#7 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:17 pm

Thx guys for your answer ! so if i understand correctly, BG should be my choice, how is BG in solo ? can they handle WH ?

Tesq

Post#8 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:00 pm

Gloubidou wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:49 am Hi ! i want to make a tank destro side, because they look supercool, and i was wondering, which of them fit me the best ? i really like them all and can't decide which one to focus on, i like to do about everything, from sc, wb, solo, roaming and so on. i will be playing 2handed, because i find this way more cool than SnB, can you guys give me pro & con of each, and helping me choose ? :D
-if you want to play a 2h tank "in wb" with out explode while also be usefull pick BG so far the only working 2h and usefull tank in game. Bork is durable aswell but wont offer nothing in wb that a s+b cant, 2h bg it will by default. Same as chosen for 2h in sc. Worst part you are going to be useless till rr50 due build requirement, you finish build at rr 60/70 and with sov you can optimise performance. Bg is really a late build tank. Shield will never ever offer anything good.

-Ch 2h mode is mandatory for ranked and in 12 vs 12 is master of punts but without propper gear/build is easier to kill. Useless in wb after rending blade over nerfed in every way possible, good in city for st focus group apparently. Have a nice dmg while also offering substain thx to touch of palsy tactic.
After ap regen game wide buff it is again the dmg substain beast it was. If you like to make enemys take dmg if they move , with a debuff which is 10 sec cd, it's the class for you.

-2h bork have high/ignorant dmg output via direct hits and atm the most op panic button in the game for tank and whatever. It offer the same buff debuff that it have access on shield. It trade shield and hold the line buff for high dmg channeling.

Of these the only one able to spam aoe in rvr with out give free immunity is BG. Or better bg is the only tank to spam reliable aoe dmg at all in game (no sm aoe suck).

Usually if you want to play 100% time 2h it's either bg or bork. If you dont mid swap can go for ch.

Ads
Gloubidou

Post#9 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:02 pm

Tesq wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:00 pm
Gloubidou wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:49 am Hi ! i want to make a tank destro side, because they look supercool, and i was wondering, which of them fit me the best ? i really like them all and can't decide which one to focus on, i like to do about everything, from sc, wb, solo, roaming and so on. i will be playing 2handed, because i find this way more cool than SnB, can you guys give me pro & con of each, and helping me choose ? :D
-if you want to play a 2h tank "in wb" with out explode while also be usefull pick BG so far the only working 2h and usefull tank in game. Bork is durable aswell but wont offer nothing in wb that a s+b cant, 2h bg it will by default. Same as chosen for 2h in sc. Worst part you are going to be useless till rr50 due build requirement, you finish build at rr 60/70 and with sov you can optimise performance. Bg is really a late build tank. Shield will never ever offer anything good.

-Ch 2h mode is mandatory for ranked and in 12 vs 12 is master of punts but without propper gear/build is easier to kill. Useless in wb after rending blade over nerfed in every way possible, good in city for st focus group apparently. Have a nice dmg while also offering substain thx to touch of palsy tactic.
After ap regen game wide buff it is again the dmg substain beast it was. If you like to make enemys take dmg if they move , with a debuff which is 10 sec cd, it's the class for you.

-2h bork have high/ignorant dmg output via direct hits and atm the most op panic button in the game for tank and whatever. It offer the same buff debuff that it have access on shield. It trade shield and hold the line buff for high dmg channeling.

Of these the only one able to spam aoe in rvr with out give free immunity is BG. Or better bg is the only tank to spam reliable aoe dmg at all in game (no sm aoe suck).

Usually if you want to play 100% time 2h it's either bg or bork. If you dont mid swap can go for ch.
Thx for your detailled answer, so basically, Bork or BG if i only want to play 2H

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#10 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:14 am

For me, the best is the Blackguard. I have much fun playing with it. Principally on destroying healers. Chosen is good too.

I don't like Black Orc and Sowordmaster due this mechanic need a vital addon which, in my opinion, is very bad. After they have removed the best addon of this game, that was Nerffed Buttons, I just stopped playing with these 2 classes. NB used to save slots and was a thousand times superior to the addon players use actually.