Recent Topics

Ads

Which tank destro side

Let's talk about... everything else
HammerGuy

Re: Which tank destro side

Post#11 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:19 am

The one thing I would add is that chosen and BG have viable punts. The BO does not. It doesn't seem like a big deal, until you go up against a guarded player and can't separate them from their guard. Chosen has to use a tactic, but it's available immediately. BG's punt sends people across the map but they have to build up hatred to get that distance. BO gets access to an aoe punt that has few viable use cases. BO can also use a tactic to get a ST punt, but it still sucks compared to what chosen and BG get.

Ads
Tesq

Post#12 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:20 am

Belanoite wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:14 am For me, the best is the Blackguard. I have much fun playing with it. Principally on destroying healers. Chosen is good too.

I don't like Black Orc and Sowordmaster due this mechanic need a vital addon which, in my opinion, is very bad. After they have removed the best addon of this game, that was Nerffed Buttons, I just stopped playing with these 2 classes. NB used to save slots and was a thousand times superior to the addon players use actually.

I think bork and sm sich are not that bad compared to IB but ye it can be a bother for someone

Templa

Post#13 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:38 am

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:46 am b) it is allegedly the first class to get a rework after skill system modernization, which means it might change drastically before you get to decent rank on it.
Huh? Did i miss anything?

Chosen is King.
BG is great as well but harder to play.

Without knowing your goal in game i would say Chosen is a safe pick.

People often "misunderstand" the BO and SM mechanic. They look at it like the have to follow a set rotation to get their skills of rather than looking at it from the perspective of what do they want to do with the enemy and what button must be pressed for it. You have so many tools that you can use to switch between your stances.(Changin' Da Plan, Rock 'Ard, You Wot!?!!!) You also have to maintain active buffs on you and debuffs on enemies, so you can always use the skill you want to use because you are spamming skills like you do on every other tank anyways.
Like:
You want to use a skill that needs the 3rd Classmechanic stage?
  • Rock 'Ard
  • Changin' Da Plan
  • Your desired spell
You want to use a skill that needs the 3rd Classmechanic stage and you are in the middle of a zerg?
  • Rock 'Ard
  • Big Swing
  • Your desired spell
You want to chase down someone fleeing?
  • Changin' Da Plan
  • Trip 'Em Up
  • KD into whatever else you wanna do
Image Image

Cyrylius

Post#14 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:17 am

I played bg without NB when it was still in use, and I play blork without planB nowadays. Its a lot of buttons, but perfectly manageable for a moderately experienced gamer with basic manual skills, like me and most of RoR playerbase.
About the rework, it is generally agreed currently that black ork is the worst tank, and needs a buff of some sort. And while I can't say anything for sure i recall devs generally agreeing with that, though it might have been me imagining things.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.