Recent Topics

Ads

Best PvE solo grinding class

Let's talk about... everything else
Raddaquin

Best PvE solo grinding class

Post#1 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:11 am

Looking for opinions on what the best grinding class is on Order and Destro. Was thinking KotBS or Chosen, thinking they would be able to take multiple mobs. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Ads
Fallenkezef

Re: Best PvE solo grinding class

Post#2 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:13 am

Any tank to be honest. I have an IB and I'm leveling talisman making in pve with no issues.
Alea iacta est

Dideseld

Post#3 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:33 am

the best class for grinding will depend on individual playstyle, gear, and tactics terraria, so it is recommended to try out both classes to see which one suits you better.

bw10

Post#4 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:01 am

marauder no contest

aoe basic attack
aoe channel attack
constant self healing

mynban

Post#5 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:16 am

I have easy time on my WL as well.

Endari

Post#6 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:16 am

dps dok, plenty of aoe and heals. dps wp is fine too little less aoe.

thiefy

Post#7 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:35 am

For order side imho kotbs and wl depending on the size of the pull and the area your targets are spread across. For up to ~10-12 targets i believe wl is more efficient since the pet can effectively pull that many without dying provided you have "speed training" tactic slotted. This works even better if your targets are spread over an area that would otherwise make them to reset the aggro due to distance from their spawn.
On the other hand, if you can find a spot wirh tightly packed targets (the altar in empire/chaos pairing ch22 medium pq for example), that's where snb kotbs shines imho. All out assault, on your guard and 6pcs invader bonus combined with the high survivability you have guarantees mass pulls that are only restricted by how fast you can throw blades to pull since all out assault has a 24 targets cap. Kotbs is also more slacker-friendly since after you clear all in one pull, you got 2 minutes to go afk and play with your hamster until the next respawn.
Engineer is another class of choice for some ppl i know since the class provides non stop relaxed farm sessions where mobs come to die on your feet but personally i'm not convinced engie is as time efficient as wl/snb kotbs

vobex16

Post#8 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:07 am

Raddaquin wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:11 am Looking for opinions on what the best grinding class is on Order and Destro. Was thinking KotBS or Chosen, thinking they would be able to take multiple mobs. Would love to hear your thoughts!
RP with Rune of breaking. Tact: Divine Fury\Runecarving\Ancestral inheritance\Sunderen Motion (and need Rune of Battle for greater lifetaps from multiple enemies)
also crit 30%+

Ads
Scottx125

Post#9 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:50 am

Any class with decent aoe dmg and self healing.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Fenris78

Post#10 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:35 am

SW with AoE + heal on kill + Crit (bullseye) + Instinctive Aim tactics, you just kite forever while spamming aoe arrows, while regen yourself on mobs.
You even can jump back to slow a pack and/or use M2 is you need some space.

Switch to assault stance and spam Spiral fetched arrow (against packs) or just wreck a hero mob with assault skills.

Even easier than than, just sit with engineer aoe specced (grenadier) and healing keg, while packs of mobs die in your napalm. You dont even need to move from your spot... :p

Alternatively, a KotBS/chosen with damaging + hitback auras, just sit here afk and see respawned mobs dying by hitting you, while you just have to press F key to loot them...