Recent Topics

Ads

Played WAR for the first two months, what was added by both mythic and the RoR team?

Let's talk about... everything else
Ligmar

Played WAR for the first two months, what was added by both mythic and the RoR team?

Post#1 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:22 pm

Hey all! Like many here, I was a teenager when WAR first launched, and I remember playing the game pretty hardcore for two months before I felt like I ran out of content, quit and went back to WoW with my tail between my legs. I always wanted to give it a try a second time, but the game closed before I could return to it. Imagine my surprise when I read not only was there a private server, but they've added back two of the notorious cut cities from the original game!

Leveling a new character from scratch at level 1, though, it doesn't seem to me like much content was added to the game, however. This is not a slight against the RoR team; I acknowledge everyone is an unpaid volunteer; I'm just wondering where the new content is so I can look forward to it as I level up for the first time since 2008! Obviously the dwarf and greenskin cities are in, as is a new tomb kings themed area... what else?

I also remember reading a few articles saying WAR added playable Skaven towards the end of its life, but I also see that people quite vociferously say they are *not* in RoR. Is there a reason for that and are they planned in the future, or did I just do some 40k-esque faux pas like asking "when are they bringing back Squats"?

Ads
Scottx125

Re: Played WAR for the first two months, what was added by both mythic and the RoR team?

Post#2 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:33 am

Well for starters, discordant SC's, new balance, gear is different stat wise, I think there are new capes/rewards, the RVR system is different along with cities, karaz a karak was added, new currency system and prob other stuff I'm forgetting. BUT! The main goal hasn't been adding new stuff, it's been getting stuff working. Right now we're waiting on a new ability system that will hopefully make it easier for Devs to do balance changes without breaking stuff. While that goes on other stuff is on hold.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.