Recent Topics

Ads

Bring back Crossrealm Chat

Let's talk about... everything else
Cyrylius

Re: Bring back Crossrealm Chat

Post#11 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:59 am

Just wanted to remind everyone that it is possible to chat with other realm players in PMs as long as both sides are unflagged for pvp
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#12 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:34 pm

pls no crossrealm chat, if people wanna chat they go on disc

Tesq

Post#13 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:27 pm

sioding wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:36 am xrealmchat in PvP zones brings a lot ... and i really mean a lot hate/frustration and toxicity into the game. That results into a lot reports and that into actions against accounts. Its a clear nope.
Can we have pre wrote text with general lore friendly insult to throw enemy while we runt at em in /yell?
Also with internal CD so it cannot be spam

:D?

Martok

Post#14 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:00 pm

Valfaros wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:10 amYes there was a lot of vile hate but I always enjoyed having a chat with the enemy.

There are more than enough outlets available for one player to freely release their toxic bile and express their hate, disgust, and disdain toward some other community member engaged in the act of playing of a video game in a manner that first player doesn't approve of because...the playing of a video game is serious business and should always be taken seriously with no fun allowed and anyone, anyone attempting to have fun while playing a video game should be crucified in the most heinous manner and with use of the most vile language possible.

Just not by use of Cross-Realm chat. Disabling that function was one of the best decisions the staff here ever made.

But hay, cheer up man, you still have private tell, the Forums, Discord, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, Snap-Chat, TikTok, Gab, Blast, and a host of others out there available as formats.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Emissary
Community Management

Post#15 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:04 pm

No one has heard of PVDiscord i assume.

I watched a friend of mine "God rest his soul" Avocetti get literally destroyed through cross-realm chat on a daily basis. It not being in the game is a great thing to me.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Martok

Post#16 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:08 pm

Emissary wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:04 pmI watched a friend of mine "God rest his soul" Avocetti get literally destroyed through cross-realm chat on a daily basis. It not being in the game is a great thing to me.
Yeah, I saw that as well.

Avo was one of those guys trying to accomplish two things, enjoying a game and trying to help others enjoy that game. And you are correct, he was crucified for it.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Fallenkezef

Post#17 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:40 am

Kendaric wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:49 pm
mogt wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:59 pm you all know, what happen if this be allowed? i said it for you, how in the past the player coomunicate which zones they attack and then their is no defenders, next time, the other side do the same. you want this??? then you alla re in the wrong game.

the gm, wrote the choiche , the right choiche.
Not everything revolves around PvP/RvR.

Also, if you think this isn't happening already, you're probably mistaken. Since crossrealm play is possible, you can bet this happens from time to time.
So no point in making it easier is there?

The cons of cross realm chat outweigh any positives.
Alea iacta est

vigilantsoul

Post#18 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:34 am

You can still talk to other realm in PVE zones by using /say

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#19 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:26 am

It was the best times, yet also the worst times.

Now it's safelocked and we are enjoying mediocrity.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me. Apparantly in videogames the opposite is true 😂

Valfaros

Post#20 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:34 am

Martok wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:00 pm
Valfaros wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:10 amYes there was a lot of vile hate but I always enjoyed having a chat with the enemy.

There are more than enough outlets available for one player to freely release their toxic bile and express their hate, disgust, and disdain toward some other community member engaged in the act of playing of a video game in a manner that first player doesn't approve of because...the playing of a video game is serious business and should always be taken seriously with no fun allowed and anyone, anyone attempting to have fun while playing a video game should be crucified in the most heinous manner and with use of the most vile language possible.

Just not by use of Cross-Realm chat. Disabling that function was one of the best decisions the staff here ever made.

But hay, cheer up man, you still have private tell, the Forums, Discord, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, Snap-Chat, TikTok, Gab, Blast, and a host of others out there available as formats.
My problem is there aren't enough places to do the opposite. I'd love to have a chat with an enemy after he took me down in a fair fight. (Except if it was a wh gank squad) Sometimes I generally wonder what they are running to try to improve my own play. Like I said. It would be by default off. Anyone having a problem with it would just not turn it on.

Hence the main problem I think this thread has produced among other useless bla bla is that factions could communicate enemy movements. However I think this will be mostly happening on cross realming guilds discord.

I find it sad that people think a few bad apples outweight actual good communication within a mmo. Does really speak for the community. Maybe I create a second order account just to chat then.