Recent Topics

Ads

Most needed classes per side

Let's talk about... everything else
NeverForget

Most needed classes per side

Post#1 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:54 am

Hi there, newbie thinking of returning to RoR, thinking of joining Order because Destruction looks like it has too many players, although I like the aesthetics of both. I like all classes, specially classes related to group support, so which classes are most needed in both sides, specially in Order? from old posts I always read Order needs lots of tanks, and Destruction needs healers, and they both have enough or too many DPS. What are your suggestions? should I go for a tank in Order?

Ads
mynban

Re: Most needed classes per side

Post#2 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:58 am

Order definitely tank (easiest to play being kotbs)

Cyrylius

Post#3 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:16 am

RP/KotBS, since both are basically required for most parties
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Sofong

Post#4 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:34 am

order: tank, melee
dest: heal type healer, rdps

rady

Post#5 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:35 am

Good players are needed. Class is less important ;)
Ris IB
Risx 8Xrr SH (retired)
BO 85rr (retired)

Rapzel

Post#6 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:18 am

You say you have played before, this can both be a boon and a curse. It's a boon because you may have knowledge of the fundamental mechanics a curse because your brain may play tricks on you and you expect mechanics to work in a way they do not.
I have met people who have returned who have told me that hold the line raised block for instance without any proof.
How people played 5-10 years ago is not the same as today so you will need to relearn a lot when it comes to the meta.

I would say that population is quite balanced when it comes to the different factions, this has always fluctuated through out the life span of RoR though. So even if you think destro is overrepresented today, tomorrow it may swap.

If you have played before you know that this is more of a team/group game, grouping has become more and more important as the population has risen, back in 2016 when there was a cap on 300 players online it was possible to solo, with weekends where there's 1000+ the opportunity to solo are limited.

To fully enjoy the game i recommend you to find people to play with, and the easiest way to do that is playing support roles, which you are already interested in. I have one caution here though and it is that you may get stuck in that role, so chose the one role you enjoy the most. Both sides need tanks and healers.

If you plan to play tank in small scale (6man) I would recommend Blackguard, Chosen or KotBS. In wbs take the last list and add SM.
These are the initial 4 core tanks. Black orc is not in a good spot at the moment IMHO and IB is good but very group dependant.

For healers all are viable, though AM and Shaman has a higher skill cap than for instance WP/DoK.

If you want to be able to quickly find groups as a pure healer zeal/RP is your go to as people have stated earlier. WP and DoK are good and have viable healer specs, further both have viable hybrid specs atm (SnB), and DoK also have a quite good DPS spec. I wouldn't call WP DPS bad, but it sadly doesn't live up to other DPS careers damage output.

Gl

Kpi

Post#7 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:45 am

Destro need more DPS Shamans :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

malmar

Post#8 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:48 am

Order needs more dps WP.

Ads
NeverForget

Post#9 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:08 pm

Rapzel wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:18 am You say you have played before, this can both be a boon and a curse. It's a boon because you may have knowledge of the fundamental mechanics a curse because your brain may play tricks on you and you expect mechanics to work in a way they do not.
I have met people who have returned who have told me that hold the line raised block for instance without any proof.
How people played 5-10 years ago is not the same as today so you will need to relearn a lot when it comes to the meta.

I would say that population is quite balanced when it comes to the different factions, this has always fluctuated through out the life span of RoR though. So even if you think destro is overrepresented today, tomorrow it may swap.

If you have played before you know that this is more of a team/group game, grouping has become more and more important as the population has risen, back in 2016 when there was a cap on 300 players online it was possible to solo, with weekends where there's 1000+ the opportunity to solo are limited.

To fully enjoy the game i recommend you to find people to play with, and the easiest way to do that is playing support roles, which you are already interested in. I have one caution here though and it is that you may get stuck in that role, so chose the one role you enjoy the most. Both sides need tanks and healers.

If you plan to play tank in small scale (6man) I would recommend Blackguard, Chosen or KotBS. In wbs take the last list and add SM.
These are the initial 4 core tanks. Black orc is not in a good spot at the moment IMHO and IB is good but very group dependant.

For healers all are viable, though AM and Shaman has a higher skill cap than for instance WP/DoK.

If you want to be able to quickly find groups as a pure healer zeal/RP is your go to as people have stated earlier. WP and DoK are good and have viable healer specs, further both have viable hybrid specs atm (SnB), and DoK also have a quite good DPS spec. I wouldn't call WP DPS bad, but it sadly doesn't live up to other DPS careers damage output.

Gl
I used to play a bit of Kotbs and RP, first was bland but never make it past lvl 16 so I might need to go to 40 to fully experience the class. Im a big dwarves fan but I have never played an elf before. Are SM good for tanks, and all sort of pvp? Im not only interested in warbands, but also scenarios, dungeons and sieges. All pvp types really.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#10 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:13 pm

rady wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:35 am Good players are needed. Class is less important ;)
yes, we need more good SWs.

heeeheee