One ability 3730+ dmg in sovereign Char 5/3 ? maybe that's enough already?

Let's talk about... everything else
Everdin

Re: One ability 3730+ dmg in sovereign Char 5/3 ? maybe that's enough already?

Post#51 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:23 am

rejndjer wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:02 am
Spoiler:
lemao wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:25 pm
rejndjer wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:21 pm

dear lmao. ofc i insta self punt there because BG can KD and punt me into them, and then im dead even if i have self-punt left. lmao

also nice caledor event i really love it when i have to play sc to get something cool like that cloak reward for wild hunt :D
Watch the whole sc. It´s about your awarness and movement overall, which your clearly lack.
You let enemies approach you without even reacting to it and let them get in range to you. Maybe this is the reason why you had a " 0,7 kd before getting warlord" (quote). Even tho you are fighting a premade in this sc and you have no real chance of winning you can clearly see that it is a player and not a class problem from basic observations. Anyways this will be my last response to you regarding this topic as i already provided you enough footage.
you clearly lack awerness if you cant see im not even trying there. actually i was trying to die as many times, because when sc is lost best thing you can do is die as many times since it ends sooner and you get more renown that way. why would i try with pug order against 3 destro premades lmao. they have twice the amount the healers and they actually heal, while everyone is guarded. are you for real mate? that certainly is the reason why i had 0.7 kd. because im not afraid to solo die against dessie premades. no more :)
It's not like there will be a surrender vote before they are at 500
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Ninjagon

Post#52 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:58 pm

SW if the weakest char I have ever played. (I have one with RR82).
Posts like this topic are funny.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Omegus

Post#53 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:28 pm

The big thing here is the 80 damage mitigated. Festering Arrow very much counters the current meta of defenses which is to rely on guard and anti-crit to keep you alive. If you're out of guard range and it crits then it hits like a truck as it ignores your resistances (typically 40% damage reduction) with the tactic.

There are different ways to spec to significantly reduce the damage from FA with some trade-offs for other areas, and as with everything being in a well-rounded group shuts down most spike damage.

Firstly, Festering Arrow gets a 3x multiplier from the primary damage bonus (e.g. Ballistic Skill and ranged power). However, this also means that the defender's toughness is also 3x better as the damage reduction from toughness scales up at the same rate as the damage bonus does. Investing in toughness signficiantly reduces the non-crit damage from skills like this.

The next thing that ruins the effectiveness of critical hits is absorb shields which some healers can pump out lots of. The absorb shield applies BEFORE the critical damage is calculated and can completely negate niost or all of the critical hit. As an example (please do not point out absorb numbers like this are rare, I'm just showing the maths behind it):

Without absorb:
Non-crit: 2500
Crit multiplier: x1.5
Crit damage: 3750

With a 1.5k absorb
Non-crit: 2500
Absorb: 1500
Damage remaining: 1000
Crit multiplier: x1.5
Crit damage: 1500

Another way to look at is is that absorbs scale up with the crit damage multiplier.

And then on top of this, somewhere in there the damage reduction from guard gets included.

From the looks of the OP's post and combat log, they are full glass cannon spec without the group support needed to be able to make that build effective, which means they will be destroyed by things that exploit those weaknesses. If you are going to run around with no damage reduction, you should expect to be blown up by things that exploit this.

I'm also not sure why the OP is going on about the Mara as the screenshot shows they're playing a rSH, and some Mara specs have access to good Toughness increasers which as explained above will reduce the effectiveness of Festering Arrow.

In a correctly formed group with buffs in place and healers triggering plenty of absorbs you wouldn't have even noticed that FA hit. The game is not designed/balanced around solo play - like it or not, the "holy trinity" of tanks, DPS and healers working together has always been a core concept of WAR.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Avanos

Post#54 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:31 am

Hey OP, nice one:

Just an fyi - you know I still get the kill right? You are just making it easier for me.

I think you should focus on actually fighting people instead of worrying about SWs doing high crit damage.
Veretta the Witch Elf

Another satisfied customer

Asderas27

Post#55 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:04 am

I am surprised OP hasn't been banned yet considering the amount of evidence against them being a alt+f4 enjoyer. But i suppose it is more important to ban players who type and hurt someone's feelings on the internet.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#56 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:07 pm

Asderas27 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:04 am I am surprised OP hasn't been banned yet considering the amount of evidence against them being a alt+f4 enjoyer. But i suppose it is more important to ban players who type and hurt someone's feelings on the internet.
We don't take action against people doing that. They're cowards, that's enough punishment for them. Let them be cowards.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

wachlarz

Post#57 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:51 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:07 pm
Asderas27 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:04 am I am surprised OP hasn't been banned yet considering the amount of evidence against them being a alt+f4 enjoyer. But i suppose it is more important to ban players who type and hurt someone's feelings on the internet.
We don't take action against people doing that. They're cowards, that's enough punishment for them. Let them be cowards.
99% playersbase make now makro altf4 on button xd

Battlefield

Post#58 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:22 pm

I did not read all comments before, but just an offer the first thing that came to mind Image
Festering Arrow bypass 50% resistance instead of all, otherwise even tanks feel naked.

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#59 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:00 am

Battlefield wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:22 pm I did not read all comments before, but just an offer the first thing that came to mind Image
Festering Arrow bypass 50% resistance instead of all, otherwise even tanks feel naked.
delete it from the game. even better. :)

normanis

Post#60 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:12 am

damage cap removed? previous was damage cap for crits (in ror)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"