Recent Topics

Ads

Careers for new duo Destruction players

Let's talk about... everything else
Pahhhhhhh

Careers for new duo Destruction players

Post#1 » Sat May 20, 2023 12:02 pm

Hi,

My gf and I are going to start playing RoR soon. We will be creating characters on Destruction side. As we will be playing as a duo for 90% of the time, I was wondering what would be the best Career options for us in terms of being able to support each other as much as possible.

I am a veteran WoW player who did a lot of PvP in the TBC and WotLK expansions and for myself I’m looking for a class that can heal and support decently but can also put pressure on the enemy. Think of something like Discipline Priest or Elemental Shaman in WoW.

My girlfriend is new to MMORPG’s, so I would have her begin by playing a class that can do some serious damage but for which you don’t have to be insanely skilled for it to be viable (both ranged and melee or hybrid Career suggestions are welcome here).

Thanks in advance for your advice and looking forward to joining this community!

Ads
Repulsion

Re: Careers for new duo Destruction players

Post#2 » Sat May 20, 2023 12:30 pm

Shaman for you (can be a good healer and is a BEAST at dps/kiting) and Sorc for your gf.
Sorc is pretty straightforward, does a lot of damage (especially if you do some light research on how the ST rotation works) and can even do AoE if later on you wanna get organized.
The downside is the class having a volatile blowyourselfup mechanic the more they cast which you come in play and heal up with a single HoT so she doesn't die from her own spells.

As for you, you sort of play like an Affliction Warlock, DoT up and kite, only greener, shorter and (aside from TBC OPness) meaner. Shams/AMs are the kings of roaming (only topped by the stealth classes - WH/WE)

Ta dah!
Ps: also, female Sorcs look amazing. Enjoy.

Sofong

Post#3 » Sat May 20, 2023 1:18 pm

a class that can do some serious damage but for which you don’t have to be insanely skilled for it to be viable (both ranged and melee or hybrid Career suggestions are welcome here).

have seen some zealot+choppa duo do perpectly well.

BluIzLucky

Post#4 » Sat May 20, 2023 2:20 pm

Shaman for you, squig herder for her.
This is a great duo (both in terms of skills and looks) and both do very well independently.

Squiggy has a lot of benefits over Sorc too that makes it much better for new players, more mobile, more survivable, melee and range modes, and overall lower skill required to do well.

You also get to join da Freebootaz greenskin guild :)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

MedV

Post#5 » Sat May 20, 2023 11:49 pm

Shaman/Shaman - both of you can heal each other, put out dps and kite well. Have her put all dots on a single button.

DOK/Chosen- She can guard you while you put out dps and heals. Chosen gameplay is extremely easy and straightforward.

Shaman/SH - like double shammy but a little less survivability.

WE/WE - can pick the fights you want, survivable and don’t need anyone else, fun to roam together and have the ability to just stealth and walk away.

Those are 4 classic duos that are most likely best and easiest to play.

Can also consider -
Mara/Zealot
Magus/Magus
BG/Chosen
The King.

Detangler

Post#6 » Sun May 21, 2023 2:39 am

Chosen is easy to play but doesn't look cute. Dok/Chosen is a good combo.

If cuteness is a factor for her, sorc/sham.

Sham/squig is good.

Double WE has a lot of roaming fun factor, too.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable