Recent Topics

Ads

AM/Shaman mechanic change

Let's talk about... everything else
Torgen

AM/Shaman mechanic change

Post#1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:20 am

I think we'll all agree to say that AM/shamans are the worst healers (especially in later tiers) and that their mechanic is badly designed, so here's my idea : instead of having healing skills improve dps skills effectiveness/cast times and vice-versa, why not having instant skills reduce casted skills cast time (force/Mork) and casted skills increase instant skills effectiveness (tranquility/Gork)?
I think it would make much more sense, as healers are not going to cast dps skills, and dps are not going to cast direct heals, and it would be a little buff for those careers.

Ads
Joshwa70

Re: AM/Shaman mechanic change

Post#2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:24 am

Lol

drmordread
Suspended

Post#3 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:27 am

As a dps AM its easy to cast 5 dps spells and get an insta cast on a grp heal to help out my grp. So why would I want to change that?
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Joshwa70

Post#4 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:28 am

Not even that many if u run tje tactic

drmordread
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:29 am

^^^^^
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Torgen

Post#6 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:36 am

drmordread wrote:As a dps AM its easy to cast 5 dps spells and get an insta cast on a grp heal to help out my grp. So why would I want to change that?
Because in t2 your group heal is actually pretty nice as there is no real spec or full dps/heal gear, but in later tiers it will be mostly useless if you are dps specced/geared + heal AM doesn't benefit at all from the mechanic except for one instant kb every 20s, which isn't much (as you're not going to cast any dps spell as a healer), which is much more important imo (because if you really wanted to help out your grp, you wouldn't have specced dps in the first place ;p)

Joshwa70

Post#7 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:39 am

If u cast 5 heal spells then the lifetap dot.. it makes you auch better healer fyi

Joshwa70

Post#8 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:41 am

Not to mention that the am healdebuff is way better then the sw debuff

Ads
Illiyara

Post#9 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:35 pm

The mechanic is good in T1 and 2, while you can get away with trying to stack both stats. Later on, that won't be viable at all, so either your heals or dps will be useless. It'll be a bit more useful for dps, cause instant resses are always nice, but still quite underwhelming for a real mechanic.

AM/shaman was next on the list for a rework as retail was closing, iirc. There were many propositions for what would replace it, but it's hard trying to find something that will satisfy the "pure" dpsers, the lifetap/offhealers, and the pure healers

Edit: What does the heal debuff have to do with anything? The mechanic doesn't make the debuff any stronger, and the damage it'll do as a healer will be negligible in itself.

xaphiero

Post#10 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:52 pm

Torgen wrote:I think we'll all agree to say that AM/shamans are the worst healers (especially in later tiers) and that their mechanic is badly designed, so here's my idea : instead of having healing skills improve dps skills effectiveness/cast times and vice-versa, why not having instant skills reduce casted skills cast time (force/Mork) and casted skills increase instant skills effectiveness (tranquility/Gork)?
I think it would make much more sense, as healers are not going to cast dps skills, and dps are not going to cast direct heals, and it would be a little buff for those careers.
Worst healers? lolz. L2P. If you don't like the mechanic, don't play them. And "later tiers" ? We don't even have t3/t4 yet. There's a loooong way to go with getting this puppy up and running fully before we should start thinking about changing classes that actually do work perfectly well, for people who know how to play them.