Recent Topics

Ads

Lets Theory-craft: Slayers vs Choppas

Let's talk about... everything else
Jaycub

Re: Lets Theory-craft: Slayers vs Choppas

Post#61 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:28 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:Yes guard is powerful but many classes rely on it espically glass cannon slayer n choppas
And because of that they are allowed to scale to retarded levels while other classes hit a ceiling far before they do.
Joshwa70 wrote:You can thank every moronic sm and bo for those immunities... also... you need to watch ppl timers if you want to avoid wasting your punt. That is on you.
I understand that, but timers last way too long. And 100% immunity is overkill I think. I'd much rather see a stacking reduction buff.

For instance w/ no buff you are hit and CCed for the full duration, and after you gain a reduction buff in accordance to power of the CC received. For instance a full cavein might give you an instant 80% reduction to that particular CC group, so if you where cavein'd by another IB directly after it would only last 20% as long, and stack you up to 99%. So at the very least a kd/stun etc... would result in an interrupt.

There are a lot of things you could do. I just think what we have now is overkill. And I don't like the idea of outright immunities with no input from the player. Active skills are fine, and promote good play, passive immunities don't. It was just a lazy way of balancing CC without having to overhaul everyone's CC abilities and introducing a less harsh system.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Joshwa70

Post#62 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:40 pm

So when you get supervpunted a second time you only go 80 yards insteaf of a full foot ball field?

Tesq

Post#63 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:49 pm

Tklees wrote:In RLH we ran kotbs, ib, WH, slay, wp, am. We would use the AM moral pump tatic and get the tanks and WH to m4 in the first min of fight and use WH no heal for 15 sec m4 and melt a healer. Gg. Optimal group isn't always the best. Sometimes thinking outside the box is what really matters in this game
chosen "destinated to victory" x all wb gg :/

Tklees

Post#64 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:51 pm

Jaycub wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:Yes guard is powerful but many classes rely on it espically glass cannon slayer n choppas
And because of that they are allowed to scale to retarded levels while other classes hit a ceiling far before they do.
Joshwa70 wrote:You can thank every moronic sm and bo for those immunities... also... you need to watch ppl timers if you want to avoid wasting your punt. That is on you.
I understand that, but timers last way too long. And 100% immunity is overkill I think. I'd much rather see a stacking reduction buff.

For instance w/ no buff you are hit and CCed for the full duration, and after you gain a reduction buff in accordance to power of the CC received. For instance a full cavein might give you an instant 80% reduction to that particular CC group, so if you where cavein'd by another IB directly after it would only last 20% as long, and stack you up to 99%. So at the very least a kd/stun etc... would result in an interrupt.

There are a lot of things you could do. I just think what we have now is overkill. And I don't like the idea of outright immunities with no input from the player. Active skills are fine, and promote good play, passive immunities don't. It was just a lazy way of balancing CC without having to overhaul everyone's CC abilities and introducing a less harsh system.
You didn't take that from WoW or anything :P
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

Tesq

Post#65 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:56 pm

Guard it's the only things that make possible melee in this game..... you should kill those procs that make melee spam better cos more hit make procs more efficent, and not change guards....Also slayer x2 have a 3 hti combo so spamable, it't not a melee meta it was a slayer meta for order and a sorc/mara meta for destru (depend on scale).

Jaycub

Post#66 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:57 pm

I didn't play WoW after TBC and can barely remember anything lol

As for the 80 yards instead of a football field comment, it would be 20 yards instead of a football field for a super punt into another one :^).

It's just a general idea, the number are no where near "right".

Vigfuss

Post#67 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:16 pm

Immunities are a much better system than diminishing returns. You just have to play attention to the buff. Buffhead addon helps a lot. And if you're paying attention to your own buffs you can make use of all the free immunities ppl are throwing around.
Fusscle of Critical Acclaim

Jaycub

Post#68 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Vigfuss wrote:Immunities are a much better system than diminishing returns. You just have to play attention to the buff. Buffhead addon helps a lot. And if you're paying attention to your own buffs you can make use of all the free immunities ppl are throwing around.
everyone just tossed the immunity check from NB on their CC abilities... And why wouldn't they?

Ads
Azarael

Post#69 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:28 pm

How revolting. You should be allowed to blow your CC into an immunity if you're oblivious or uncoordinated.

Jaycub

Post#70 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:30 pm

Azarael wrote:How revolting. You should be allowed to blow your CC into an immunity if you're oblivious or uncoordinated.
What is the formula for the immunities anyways?