Recent Topics

Ads

New RvR system vs Old RvR system Poll

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: New RvR Vs Old RvR Mechanics

Poll ended at Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:56 am

Old RvR (All keeps always open)
50%
New RvR (1 zone at a time, current system)
50%
Total votes: 236

Gerv
Banned

Re: New RvR system vs Old RvR system Poll

Post#211 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:48 am

there is no doubt Vigfuss you are right, I myself, am just participating in discussing other options for future development that can move people away from the keeps. I am completely happy with the current system, I think it is a massive improvement.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Ads
Nameless

Post#212 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:39 pm

ok lets see what we got

only one active zone
2 way of locking it
- killing keep lord, after sweaping the door
- hold all 4 BOs for 30 mins, every capture from enemy realm reset the timer
There should be some sort of realm wide timer so ppl know and react
BOs dont have lock timers
There should be some tuning on BO` npcs. They need to be ok-ish for 4-5 man grpoup hard for smaller numbers and not so chalanging for +8-10 ppl
I personally dont care about renown and inf rewards, good fight should be enough, but since ppl do there should be some tunning there as well. Prolly make BOs lock a bit less rewarding \just abit\ from the conventional lock via killing keep lord

Doing these changes you guarantee spreading out of the population around the map. There would be much more small skirmishes around the BOs, much more open field fights, iniaciative to do ambushes to outmanouver the opposition, false attack to fool the opposition and strike at unexpected direction and so on, so on.

One more note. AAO buff should be totaly useless, i dont understand why ppl bring it up. It is quite easy to reach the exp and rp cap and most ppl are there how exapcly giving more of the thing you cant get more is iniciative to fight at orvr. The only good reason to go orvr is the perspective of good fight, not just at constant aoe spam at chocke point aka keeps but real open field fight
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Sulorie

Post#213 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Don't be short sighted, renown/xp buffs are only useless if there is no progress. At some point we will have progress up to 40/80. Progressing faster for new toons, when playing underdog let them grow stronger. Furthermore it only helps players who actually fight.
You have to split the bigger realm - check
The outnumbered realm still has the bigger risk, when the zerg unites.
AAO is the reward for this risk.
Last edited by Sulorie on Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.

dkabib

Post#214 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:36 pm

I think 30 mins may be a bit too much!
20 maybe?
Vanhorts

mvazquez99

Post#215 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:36 pm

One player's initial impression: I was skeptical about changes and opportunities for INF, but it seems we get more INF/XP/Renown for fighting, rather than for taking poorly defended keeps and BOs. This is a good change.

Harnag | Staffhandler | Gephank

Nameless

Post#216 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:40 pm

dkabib wrote:I think 30 mins may be a bit too much!
20 maybe?
ah how is 30 much, i was thinking about 45-1h at first. 30 mins for locking zone is ok imo. At the start of WAR we spend weeks and huge realm effort for single regular zone lock. 30 mins is ok and more important make much more harder late night, empty zone hopping, which is plus
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

GreenWolf2471

Post#217 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:38 am

This AAO buff sounds like a good way of rewarding the outnumbered side.

With regards to keep stalemates I have two suggestions, firstly get the MDPS postern door siege ability working so they can pop in behind the enemy and wipe their healers/RDPS.

Secondly if a siege goes on for a certain amount of time the defending guards could stop spawning until the door regens. This attrition would help the attackers by taking NPCs out of the equation, also leaving it to be decided purely on player skill.

What do you guys think?

Coryphaus

Post#218 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:45 am

GreenWolf2471 wrote:
With regards to keep stalemates I have two suggestions, firstly get the MDPS postern door siege ability working so they can pop in behind the enemy and wipe their healers/RDPS.
As much as I would love this as it would finally give mdps a role in keep seiges cause right now they just wait for tanks to push into the congested keep while taking aoe hits and stuff doing much if nothing.

Their is one HUGE glaring problem which like I have told wargrimmer before is all those stupid pointless champion npcs that everyone just gives a wide bertha when they invade the keep on the ground floor

Now say you’re an mdps, you go through the postern and then once your inside the defenders have a huge “dead” area that yu have to make sure that you don’t go anywhere near or use any aoe abilities and accidently pull any of the mobs

Furthermore theirs no point in trying to kill the npcs b/c they respawn so fast

Ads
GreenWolf2471

Post#219 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:55 am

I addressed that in point 2 Cory, if the siege goes on a while the guards should stop spawning. So:

Darn maties! It seems to be a stalemate. Wait what's that, an announcement that Mandreds guards are out of reinforcements! Quick, tanks get in the doorway and pull the floor guards outside, ranged dps, bring them down!

Ok all of you, form up outside, MDPS get behind the keep, the guards are down, on my command we push, 3, 2, 1. Charge!

MDPS team go, get in and take out there healers, tanks push in front, trap them between a hammer and an Anvil!

Huzzah the day is ours/Waaaaaagh!

jbrutal

Post#220 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:00 am

i take my vote back this new system is terrible for lowbies and im sure most of us are lvling our 3 or 4th and see the difference