Recent Topics

Ads

Cross-realm player percentages, a question.

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: How do you feel about cross-realm?

I hate cross-realmers.
71%
I am a cross-realmer.
29%
Total votes: 92

neosapien

Cross-realm player percentages, a question.

Post#1 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:27 am

During the all-night destro facerolling of the new elf map opening, I posed this question on advice because I like numbers and stats and things.

How do you feel about cross-realm playing?

I'm not interested in the merits of it, or the reasons against it, or whether they can/could/should get rid of it. Doesn't matter. It exists. Vote and opine.

Ads
Razid1987

Re: Cross-realm player percentages, a question.

Post#2 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:28 am

I usually stick with one faction. I value loyalty ;)

Kacia

Post#3 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:38 am

I play destro... even when they can't get organized to fight their way out of a wet paper bag... I play destro. I have tried order a few times and a few different classes but it never gave me the same feeling as playing my dok. I just feel destro is my faction weather they are sucking or dominating. So destro try to suck less so I can be proud of you ;p
Kacia DoK rank 26 rr 33
Keahi BW rank 23 rr 20

bangkokeight

Post#4 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:44 am

I have toons on both sides of the fence, having said that i usually like to focus on one toon for a while / until i need a change of pace and only then switch to another. Its unusual for me to spend less than 1 or 2 weeks on a toon after a switch. I dont recall ever switching as a result of something happening in game (such as one side face rolling the other).

If AAO gets introduced there is a high chance i would switch between toons to chase aao, but this would also depend on the mini map issue being resolved, ganking with aao when people can see a red or blue dot on the mini map would be pointless.
Always hopeful of finding a DPS AM guild.. if anyone ever sees one, with low entrance standards, please let me know..

Jaycub

Post#5 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:50 am

Don't hate the player hate the game.

Game design is at fault here not the players. I'm not bagging on the devs or anything, just saying that with good/proper game design cross realming shouldn't be too much of an issue like it is now. I am sure they are getting plenty of feedback :^) and will be adjusting things to encourage people to fight against the realm that is zerging harder.

Blaming players for it is stupid.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:19 am

I have characters on both sides, but I think the question is more about whether you would abuse the system to log into the winning realm.

Nope, definitely not okay with doing that, not okay with people that do. I don't need rewards to enjoy the game, a good fight matters more.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

satanicomoderno

Post#7 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:23 am

The problem is not being a crossrealm. The problem is play in a open server where players could balance the fight but instead, they zerg destro and turn rvr in a pve quest. I never saw order with 80% of population. Only destro does that. It's nonsense and kill the fun.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:33 am

Realmpride is a myth. There is nothing to be proud of, when watching my realm.
It all boils down to picking the side, which offers the most enemies to fight, which is the underdog. Whatever realm it is.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Xanax

Post#9 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:44 am

I play Order and Destro.

The assumption that *all* cross realmers play the side that's face-rolling is ludicrous. Where's the challenge in that, especially when all characters are already 26/30? I and quite a few friends frequently "defect" to the side that needs help.

For those who have never played the "other side" before, you'd be amazed at what you'll learn about your favorite class by paying its mirror, or other classes that you normally have trouble beating. I only played Order in live, but playing Destro in RoR has helped me understand exactly what spells/abilities from the other side do, and how I can effectively counter them. It has made me a much better player, and I wish I would have done it in live.

Too many forget that this game is in Alpha. Too many others don't know what "Alpha" means.

okraslayer

Post#10 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:46 am

I personally like being the underdog... Encourages me to try harder and learn more. I have more than one char and one faction. I play mostly order though in PVE & PVP... and most messed with the other faction just to learn about the chars and see some of the zones will out getting stomped.
Chosen - Kritch -26

Sorc - Lovelace - 21