Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder, any advice & tips?

Let's talk about... everything else
Vigfuss

Re: Marauder, any advice & tips?

Post#61 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:33 pm

lol, I remember throwing Tainted claw on one of the overhealed slayers in a city siege and being amazed with how much healing I was getting from it.
Fusscle of Critical Acclaim

Ads
Coryphaus

Post#62 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:41 pm

I think deadly clutch is going to be even better herein RoR b/c of the sheer number of healers order has

foof

Post#63 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:28 pm

Xaun wrote:
jyelthereal wrote:
Deadpoet wrote:I know we still can't get to this at lvl 26 but Is Deadly clutch tactic so good as to increase significantly the mara's survivability? seems like 50% of 50% isnt really a lot, but I have never played a mara at those higher levels so I'd like to ask you veterans.
its insane, I could go from 50% to 100% when a WP started his swings at me :) hated when they parried tainted claw :D
Agreed, it is only when you realize the massive survivability boost you get from receiving 50% of 50% of the heals that your Order target gets that you can truly appreciat the difference taht Focused Mending, Encouraged Aim, (sometimes Leading Shots) and Exalted Defences truly makes
I personally never liked the tactic outside of a specific build (the Sav/Brut stack toughness and just forget about being a DPSer build, aka the old main Mara build).

I will explain why.

As stated, you are only getting 25% of the total healing done on the target (50% of 50%), which isn't bad actually. You can essentially take the HPS that a target is receiving (heal per second), divide it in 4, and you will see the HPS you are getting. Another good thing is that you can have clutch on two targets at one time if you rotate it, which obviously will give you hopefully about twice the healing.

The main negative of using this (outside of using a tactic slot), is one of purpose. Are you trying to kill people, or stay alive? Because when you are cutting through people, the tactic doesn't heal much. The quicker they die, the less healing you get, and if you are in a melee train getting plenty of heals and being guarded, you won't see much return from the healing as your targets will be dying. So its best "survival" based use is to actually put it on targets you aren't even trying to kill. This is very good if your playing the moderately low DPS "debuff" based Marauder, as it will keep you alive (slap it on targets your team isn't focusing down), or if you are playing solo (as you might not have dedicated heals so it will help you out).

Now if you have a solid team, you need it less and less, especially if you have another group mate who has a 50% heal debuff they don't have to use a tactic on (choppa, squig, etc..). Just go for a DPS tactic, the Marauder has so many good ones.

Coryphaus

Post#64 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:59 am

I think you miss the secondary and just as huge part of the tactic

It turns your laughably weak 25% inc hdebuff into a much more potent 50%

That alone is reason to get it
6 mans run choppa + mara, very fen run squig and you need 2 tanks and 2 heals so you cant run 2 mdps + 1 ranged, its just not viable

Chops hdbuff is 10s with 10s cd

Maras is 10s with 5s cd its just too good not to get it to 50%

Leech heal is just icing on the cake

Euan
Suspended

Post#65 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:41 am

I don't think it would be worth thte tactic slot to go from 25% to 50% without leech. Like why.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

Coryphaus

Post#66 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:22 am

Euan wrote:I don't think it would be worth thte tactic slot to go from 25% to 50% without leech. Like why.

Because you’re not going to kill jack **** if your dmg dealt is being easily healed up especially with how many healers order has here in RoR

And furthermore you wont kill any healers or even pressure them that much with you weak 25%

xispe

Post#67 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:29 am

Marcelo - The WP

Old DarkXispe the dok.

Euan
Suspended

Post#68 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:15 pm

Coryphaus wrote:
Euan wrote:I don't think it would be worth thte tactic slot to go from 25% to 50% without leech. Like why.

Because you’re not going to kill jack **** if your dmg dealt is being easily healed up especially with how many healers order has here in RoR

And furthermore you wont kill any healers or even pressure them that much with you weak 25%

You already have 25% and someone usually in party will have a 50% debuff tactic. They don't stack, like armor reduction, which is why you wouldn't want 2 marauders.

If you focus the right target with team that healer will die really quick with or without the 25% heal deubuff. Healers are mostly op in lower tiers. Even now i can kill them with my 25% heal debuff. It only gets easier.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

Ads
foof

Post#69 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Coryphaus wrote:I think you miss the secondary and just as huge part of the tactic

It turns your laughably weak 25% inc hdebuff into a much more potent 50%

That alone is reason to get it
6 mans run choppa + mara, very fen run squig and you need 2 tanks and 2 heals so you cant run 2 mdps + 1 ranged, its just not viable

Chops hdbuff is 10s with 10s cd

Maras is 10s with 5s cd its just too good not to get it to 50%

Leech heal is just icing on the cake
Oh I understand exactly how it works. I've used it plenty. Like I said if you are running a Choppa you can honestly just skip it, you should be focusing with the Choppa anyway, and can use that tactic slot to increase your DPS or something else (depending on what you are trying to achieve).

Boosting your debuff from 25-50% is always good. But what isn't good is having to use a tactic slot on it, thats a huge negative compared to the zerkers, who don't have to do that (slayer/choppa), who can just run 4 damage tactics and have their passive on top of that.

The Marauder and WL's have always been in a weird position with their healing debuffs compared to everyone else. The other 4 classes have a 50% incoming that is specced. The Mara has a 25% core which requires a specced tactic to bring it up to 50% (this really isn't a good thing), and the WL has a specced 50% outgoing (again, not a good thing).

Jaycub

Post#70 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:35 pm

5 sec CD is why, literally the most reliable incoming heal debuff in the game and it comes with the nice heal leech side effect. There is always a chance that the choppa heal debuff gets avoided via parry block etc... or gets cleansed. You can never have enough heal debuffs it is one of the most important things in the game.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>