Recent Topics

Ads

Mandreds, STK, and the fixes I propose

Let's talk about... everything else
Toldavf

Re: Mandreds, STK, and the fixes I propose

Post#11 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:42 pm

Think terrain at keeps are bad now wait till t4 the green skin keep in black crag is awful lol. But for my money keeps should be hard to take traditionally you build a castle in a hard to attack area like on top of a hill for instance.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
Abolition

Post#12 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:58 am

Toldavf wrote:Think terrain at keeps are bad now wait till t4 the green skin keep in black crag is awful lol. But for my money keeps should be hard to take traditionally you build a castle in a hard to attack area like on top of a hill for instance.
You'd best not be talking **** about the Night Goblin keep, because that thing is amazing!
Image Abolition | Image AboGroupHeals | Image DontEatMe Bro

syrka

Post#13 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:08 am

What about switching the ownership of the keeps after a flip?

Stk = Destro, Mandred = Order, after a flip and reopen of the zone, str = Order and Mandred = Destro?

Reesh

Post#14 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:46 am

Just wait till the T3, it's coming soon.

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#15 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:43 am

there are problems getting the door open in mandreds? dont think so so all that terrain argument false apart.

as to spawning into keep, Aza explained, no need for change either (or a bug).

i actually think the destro wc is nearer to mandreds then the order wc. and stk is far far away for both sides ^^

so no changes needed imho
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Korriri

Post#16 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:57 pm

There are similar issues for order in Elf T2 orders WC is in shadowlands and the order Keep is the other end of Ellyion
So if you are looking at changing T2 empire could you look at Elf as there are similar issues there as to what have been brought up in this thread

Azarael

Post#17 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:58 pm

We're not looking at changing anything. It's not as if we have a map editor.
Luuca wrote:It may bear looking into Felde for STK. I know I have always respawned at Ostland Warcamp.
To ensure you don't get kicked to PvE when you die in RvR areas, each individual area of the map is linked to one respawn point. The RvR areas are always linked to the warcamp respawn points.

mirrorblade

Post#18 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Start with 2 neutral keeps(neutral keeps dont give renown) and respawn in the wc, ofc min 3 bo need to attack the keep

Ads
Carso

Post#19 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:19 pm

I recieved 35 k renown taking a defended Mandreds a few days ago on my Chosen. Went from 33rr to 35. Id never seen anything like it

twofootfred

Post#20 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:22 pm

Azarael wrote:The respawn system works the same on both sides. If the keep is not considered "safe", you won't respawn there.

Each area of the map is linked to a respawn point, and if the map area is marked as RvR, a check is done to see if the player should respawn at the Keep instead of at the warcamp. At least, that's how it works for maps which are correctly configured. Otherwise, the closest respawn point is used.
At this point Aza it is not working the same for both sides at least at theses keeps ;)