Recent Topics

Ads

X realm yes/no

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: X realm yes/no

Post#51 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:57 pm

Realmpride is for people who don't want to admit that their chosen faction is horrible.
Dying is no option.

Ads
satanicomoderno

Post#52 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:24 pm

All it's needed to do is put a 8 hours block like it used to be on live game.

Morf

Post#53 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:39 pm

Mez wrote:Cross realming is when you break the language barrier and give info to the other side. Or, you collaborate to usher in some type of benefit via cooperation with an enemy player.

The definition has been totally mutilated and it makes me sad. I would like to introduce the new terminology, "Dual realm players."

Thank you, enjoy & game responsibly
This !

Players just look for an excuse as to why they lost and throw out any lame reason, xrealming being the main excuse and half the players dont even understand the meaning.

Also lockout timers wont work as accounts are free, why is this so hard to understand ?
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Vdova

Post#54 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:41 pm

SilverWF wrote:Ok
Let's make an progressive lockout timer, separated for every character.

Trying to log in to 10 lvl character of another side will be with 20min lockout
But to 40 lvl - 2 hours.
The same system to login FROM. And both lockouts will be summarized
That timers will start ticking since 1st login or last side switch

So, switching sides from 10 lvl shammy to 40 lvl WH after 1 hour playing will have 1 hour and 20 min lockout: 2hr + 20m - 1hr
But there wouldn't be any lockout to login to 10 lvl SW. (20m + 20m - 1hr)

Also, there must be safe relogin time: 10 min or so.
That sounds like to much complicated coding. X hours locout for everyone will need significaly less time to code and time is what devs are short on.
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

Morf

Post#55 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Vdova wrote:
SilverWF wrote:Ok
Let's make an progressive lockout timer, separated for every character.

Trying to log in to 10 lvl character of another side will be with 20min lockout
But to 40 lvl - 2 hours.
The same system to login FROM. And both lockouts will be summarized
That timers will start ticking since 1st login or last side switch

So, switching sides from 10 lvl shammy to 40 lvl WH after 1 hour playing will have 1 hour and 20 min lockout: 2hr + 20m - 1hr
But there wouldn't be any lockout to login to 10 lvl SW. (20m + 20m - 1hr)

Also, there must be safe relogin time: 10 min or so.
That sounds like to much complicated coding. X hours locout for everyone will need significaly less time to code and time is what devs are short on.
Why bother coding anything when its not an issue ? ppl will complain about anything when things go bad, xrealming being one of them.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Sulorie

Post#56 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:13 pm

The more people switch to one side, the more the remaining players earn with aao, when they group up.
There is no problem, only players who refuse to play as a team.
Dying is no option.

Disc0nnected1

Post#57 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:20 pm

I Xrealm for fun not profit. For example, If I get bored with mdps, and feel like playing a oae ranged but my Order's maxed out at 26 and i'm burnt out of that toon also then i'll jump on Destro. Or I've been playing for a while and then feel don't like being social anymore and just want to farm and grind mobs so I'll jump on my lowest toon- regardless of the realm.

As new content gets released then there will probably be less Xrealming. Most people have a preferred toon they will default to when there's something new to do.

Abolition

Post#58 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:08 pm

Mez wrote:Cross realming is when you break the language barrier and give info to the other side. Or, you collaborate to usher in some type of benefit via cooperation with an enemy player.

The definition has been totally mutilated and it makes me sad. I would like to introduce the new terminology, "Dual realm players."

This guy gets it.

Grixxitt wrote:I'm thinking a better solution to realm lockouts would be to cap population at a certain ratio for each tier. So if it was 40:60 Order:Destro, just cap the population on the Destro side via server login queue.

That's right, forced xrealming for RvR balance.
I like the idea in theory, but denying people the chance to play the character they want to play is a bad idea.

How about a XP/RP increase of 3% per 1% of population imbalance, outside of 50%?
For example, if it is 43% | 57% the lower population realm would get an increase of 7*3% (21%) bonus XP and RP.
3% is just a random number picked out of the air, but hopefully you guys get the idea.

Didn't Mythic put XP/RP bonuses on servers where population imbalance was a problem?
Image Abolition | Image AboGroupHeals | Image DontEatMe Bro

Ads
Bacta
Former Staff

Post#59 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:26 pm

Sadly this does happen and nothing is in place to stop it. But i doubt it's high priority. I'm sure there are some players who would much rather ride the zerg than fight a lopsided battle. At the moment i only have Order toons. But on live i had both, but only dedicated time to one side for months long periods.
Bacta AM|Disneys Kotbs| Wiki WP <Foreplay>
Cerebus DoK | Jasselin Chosen <Pillowtalk>

Dean478

Post#60 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:24 pm

It's a tough issue to deal with. People will want to experience and explore the world from Destro side at one point or another. Some genuinely have characters on both teams and try to switch without tipping the balance.

I think the best solution is to offer incentives for teams. Some sort of bonus or positive "thing" for players of the unbalanced team or to reward accounts that consistently login characters of one Realm. What exactly? I don't know, I'm not a game designer. But it just makes more sense than lockouts or penalties that can be easily circumvented by free accounts. :)