Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Debuff for being afk in SC

Let's talk about... everything else
Bretin

[Suggestion] Debuff for being afk in SC

Post#1 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:19 pm

Can we please have the debuff we had on live for being afk in the sc? It happens more and more often that ppl - even full premades - stand inside the spawn and totally refuse to fight. that is not only annoying it also doesn't even make any sense to join a pvp area to waste the time of 12 or most likely more people.

give them 2 minutes and if they don't leave the spawn, kick them out of the scenario and make it end if one side can't get equal numbers within the next X minutes. it is really annoying standing in a sc doing nothing for 10+ minutes... i'd suggest to give them a 30 min debuff.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: [Suggestion] Debuff for being afk in SC

Post#2 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:32 pm

Contact us in-game, usually asking in advice will get someones attention. If not, send a PM on the forums. Get screenshots/proof, etc.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Euan
Suspended

Post#3 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:29 am

wargrimnir wrote:Contact us in-game, usually asking in advice will get someones attention. If not, send a PM on the forums. Get screenshots/proof, etc.
It does happen where people get beat and they don't feel like feeding renown anymore. They shouldn't be forced to either.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

Nanji

Post#4 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:48 am

Euan wrote:
It does happen where people get beat and they don't feel like feeding renown anymore. They shouldn't be forced to either.
How much renown are they going to feed against a rr40 grp? (rr40 is not that hard to reach, no excuses concerning 1 masterpoint pls)

They stand in the spawn, we stand in front of it (leaving enough space). The sc takes 12min instead of just 5 (tor anroc, mourkain, highpass) and nobody has fun. (happens like 80% of the time, today it was 100%)

On the live server those guys were just removed after a 90s (?) debuff ticked down, hopefully replacing them with players that actually want to fight in a scenario.

I mean seriously why are those people even joining?

They dont want to fight us, maybe, but why cant they just dodge the sc like most of the premades already do?
Call it an epeen/ego thing if you want but we like scenarios and we prefer fighting over waiting.
inactive on forums to avoid final ban

class imbalance = l2p issue

Shandar

Post#5 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:58 am

AFK ing in scenario has always been an issue since live.
I see one good reason for penalizing afkers: if they do it to farm emblems.

Now, most afking i see is because the scenario is totally imbalanced. It can be whether premade vs pugs, or one side having no healers versus the other with 5 healers, or even as I saw the other day, one side having 10 healers and 2 tanks... Not to mention sc's with 4vs12 etc...

Imbalance will happen, unless we split sc queues between premades and non premades, but even so there is no guarantee.

Now, penalizing ALL people who afk in sc's, especially those involved in a totally imbalanced sc, means: "we want you to throw yourself at the enemy, feeding them easy renown and loots, even though you have not a single chance to get 1 kill." I'm not interested in fighting a battle I don't even have the slightest chance to win. Nor am I happy to farm poor lowbies with my premade over and over again, although I love rp's. And I never blame the opposite faction for afking under these circumstances. I want an exciting and balanced fight.

Now how to adress this? Just throwing an idea out there. Add a "Quitter" button in sc. This button would activate under certain circumstannces which show a clear imbalance in sc. These circumstances might be:

-An sc point spread of 300 +
-A kill spread of 20+
-Amount of players of one faction half of the amount of the other faction after 5 minutes
-Other ideas welcome

Once "Quitter" activates on the losing side, if every player clicks it, it ends the scenario. At least, it will shorten endless sc's like Tor Anroc, Highpass Cemetery or Mourkain Temple in the event of an imbalance.

If the winning side starts crying about their sc win rp's and exp, give it to them, so beard. But at least we won't have to sit forever waiting an imbalanced sc out. And possibly afk...

Just my 2 cents...

Euan
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:20 am

Nanji wrote:
Euan wrote:
How much renown are they going to feed against a rr40 grp? (rr40 is not that hard to reach, no excuses concerning 1 masterpoint pls)

They stand in the spawn, we stand in front of it (leaving enough space). The sc takes 12min instead of just 5 (tor anroc, mourkain, highpass) and nobody has fun. (happens like 80% of the time, today it was 100%)

On the live server those guys were just removed after a 90s (?) debuff ticked down, hopefully replacing them with players that actually want to fight in a scenario.

I mean seriously why are those people even joining?

They dont want to fight us, maybe, but why cant they just dodge the sc like most of the premades already do?
Call it an epeen/ego thing if you want but we like scenarios and we prefer fighting over waiting.
I don't think its an epeen thing at all. I understand you have issues when you stomp people but understand that it's not fun for them to get stomped. My suggestion to you would be only queue for scenarios with flags so games end faster if things are imbalanced or they afk after losing. You'll find it hard to find competion in a dead game. Second suggestion is install LoL/Dota so you can test yourself vs like minded people trying to compete.

okraslayer

Post#7 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:33 am

Cant you just leave the SC ?
Chosen - Kritch -26

Sorc - Lovelace - 21

Euan
Suspended

Post#8 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:34 am

okraslayer wrote:Cant you just leave the SC ?
nope

Ads
Nameless

Post#9 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:43 am

it is simple add surrender function. After 2 mins of the sc both sides could poll to surrend, if 75% of all (both destro and orders) support the surrend option then the sc ends.
Ofc that is not what some ppl from this thread wants. where is the fun at accepting surrendering when u can endlessly farms pugs
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Bacta
Former Staff

Post#10 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:25 am

Don't think penalizing is necessary as others have stated when you are pretty much being farmed it isn't to fun. That is mostly why people are standing at there spawn zone. I believe in love you were at least able to leave the SC? For those who intentionally go afk though there should be some kinda of vote to kick option for that side to at least to get someone who wants to play. Only way to get out now is use book of binding.
Bacta AM|Disneys Kotbs| Wiki WP <Foreplay>
Cerebus DoK | Jasselin Chosen <Pillowtalk>