Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Debuff for being afk in SC

Let's talk about... everything else
Bretin

Re: [Suggestion] Debuff for being afk in SC

Post#21 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:01 am

Well let’s all be honest. A premade has always an edge because they usually don’t lack “anything”. With anything I’m talking about Tank, Dps and Heal. All roles are filled. If you que up random, it is your choice to play in a RNG based group. You can end up with w/e comp and you will lack something in most scenarios. But again, it was your own choice because you decided to join and contest a specific group oriented PvP content like this. So did everyone else. It’s simply antisocial and some kind of griefing if you now waste the time of 12+ people who want to participate.

Now I have a Question: Have you ever asked yourself why you’re that guy who is pissed over losing to certain premades or PvP deads 24/7 instead of being that guy who motivate others, who is willing to adapt and improve? Is it because you’re a stubborn bad looser? Why do you always have an excuse for your loss? Didn’t you ever ask yourself if you might be able to win certain fights if YOU would just change your mentality and game play?

Imho surrender is never an option if you really aim on becoming better. I can’t count the numerous times I died like a retard on my first char which was a Witch Hunter. But I never gave up; I found ways to beat the guys who were :| me like ****. I started to improve my game play, I formed groups and every loss was a lesson. All you need to do is to put off your stubborn glasses.

A wise man once said “train until your idols become your rivals”. – If you never train, you will stay sh1t and another 50 freenown.

Think about it.

Ads
satori

Post#22 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:00 pm

^this

and for the guys that are afk since the start of a SC: maybe it is a good idea to remove the incentive for farming anything in this game besides renown (in this case emblems), let's say it is possible to buy those weapons for some gold: no one would join a SC simply to get the free emblem (besides it makes no sense to put gear behind a farming-wall for the only reason that this is an MMO, WAR/RoR-players will continue playing even with maxed out characters because the PvP is fun, we don't need frequent content updates like WoW or some other PvE game to keep us interested, we need good fights!)
imagine peace

chars:
Tathagatagarba - Idleprotest - Pinkpanther
Satori - Satoritv - Cookiemonstaaa - Arthurconandok - Gobdylan - Marychoppinz - Hugehackman

shameless plug:
livestream - youtube - facebook - twitter

Euan
Suspended

Post#23 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Nanji wrote:Where is the point in fighting (a premade) at all?
In RoR you will even get an emblem for loosing (afaik).

What is important to note:
Imbalance happens in your head, since this is not LoL and people are not "fed".
Everyone has the possibility to do the same amount of dmg or heal the same or whatever. Without much effort.

Selfish and unsocial behaviour should be punished, dont you guys think so?
You're very delusional if you think that everyone has the possibility to do the same amount of damage or heals. It's also very selfish of you to just want people to throw themselves at you to die because you're bored. I gave you solid suggestions.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

Euan
Suspended

Post#24 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:25 pm

Bretin wrote:Well let’s all be honest. A premade has always an edge because they usually don’t lack “anything”. With anything I’m talking about Tank, Dps and Heal. All roles are filled. If you que up random, it is your choice to play in a RNG based group. You can end up with w/e comp and you will lack something in most scenarios. But again, it was your own choice because you decided to join and contest a specific group oriented PvP content like this. So did everyone else. It’s simply antisocial and some kind of griefing if you now waste the time of 12+ people who want to participate.

Now I have a Question: Have you ever asked yourself why you’re that guy who is pissed over losing to certain premades or PvP deads 24/7 instead of being that guy who motivate others, who is willing to adapt and improve? Is it because you’re a stubborn bad looser? Why do you always have an excuse for your loss? Didn’t you ever ask yourself if you might be able to win certain fights if YOU would just change your mentality and game play?

Imho surrender is never an option if you really aim on becoming better. I can’t count the numerous times I died like a retard on my first char which was a Witch Hunter. But I never gave up; I found ways to beat the guys who were :| me like ****. I started to improve my game play, I formed groups and every loss was a lesson. All you need to do is to put off your stubborn glasses.

A wise man once said “train until your idols become your rivals”. – If you never train, you will stay sh1t and another 50 freenown.

Think about it.
You're not exactly motivating, exact opposite actually. I always see you put others down. This whole thread has turned into I'm better than you topic. You're desperate for something that isn't there and that's competition. You can live with it or you can play something else until it's there, if ever. Scenarios end fast with flags try queueing for those or play other competitive games, there's never been a better time than being competitive in gaming.

Nanji

Post#25 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:27 pm

Euan wrote:
You're very delusional if you think that everyone has the possibility to do the same amount of damage or heals. It's also very selfish of you to just want people to throw themselves at you to die because you're bored. I gave you solid suggestions.
Everyone has the same preconditions.
The gear gap is pretty much not existent. Why shouldnt they have the possibility to deal the same amount of dmg or heal?

Selfish is: to waste everybodies time instead of only your own and to ruin the sc for those of your faction that actually want to fight. This! is selfish.
inactive on forums to avoid final ban

class imbalance = l2p issue

Penril

Post#26 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:32 pm

"but but buuuuut i am a casual player and i dont have the time to form a group, i only play for an hour at most so i immediately join SCs and want to have fun, dont punish me by forcing me to talk to other people and coordinate a group, you elitist pricks, premade vs premade and pug vs pug SCs NAOOOOOOO"

Pretty much the answer you will get from most pugs. No matter what the devs do, things will remain the same with a playerbase like this.

Blacklist Tor Anroc and Mourkain. Highpass is not that long if you keep capping both points.

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#27 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:56 pm

Bretin wrote:Well let’s all be honest. A premade has always an edge because they usually don’t lack “anything”. With anything I’m talking about Tank, Dps and Heal. All roles are filled. If you que up random, it is your choice to play in a RNG based group. You can end up with w/e comp and you will lack something in most scenarios. But again, it was your own choice because you decided to join and contest a specific group oriented PvP content like this. So did everyone else. It’s simply antisocial and some kind of griefing if you now waste the time of 12+ people who still want to participate.

Think about it.
if it was 1vs1 i would agree. if it was premade vs. premade i would agree, but premade vs. pug it makes no sense, because i myself cant do ****. i can run into your double premade over and over and do the best skilled jumps and superskillmegarotation on earth with the best gear possible and would still just die in 10 seconds ...

what i agree: Going AFK right at the beginning of an sc just because of some names you know on the enemy side is stupid. but after some wipes without any chance not even killing someone, i can understand people not fighting anymore. (i myself just run into the enemy to die, so the sc gets over faster, but thats my decision ^^).
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Euan
Suspended

Post#28 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:33 pm

Nanji wrote:
Euan wrote:
Everyone has the same preconditions.
The gear gap is pretty much not existent. Why shouldnt they have the possibility to deal the same amount of dmg or heal?

Selfish is: to waste everybodies time instead of only your own and to ruin the sc for those of your faction that actually want to fight. This! is selfish.
It's not just gear that creates gaps, there are other factors like levels, renown, scenario composition, talismans, pots, and jewels. Premade gives you an edge, like Bretin said. Usually people quit as a whole not just 1 person. Like I told you many times before, queue for flag scenarios, play something else, or keep crying.

You taunt people when they dodge you and cry when they don't dodge you and afk after being beat.

Ads
Nanji

Post#29 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:45 pm

Euan wrote:
It's not just gear that creates gaps, there are other factors like levels, renown, scenario composition, talismans, pots, and jewels. Premade gives you an edge, like Bretin said. Usually people quit as a whole not just 1 person. Like I told you many times before, queue for flag scenarios, play something else, or keep crying.

You taunt people when they dodge you and cry when they don't dodge you and afk after being beat.
We want people to fight, dodging us or standing afk in their spawn (not dodging) is basically the same here. What is your point?
If we only queue for certain scenarios we cant expect a pop in 1h.

Is "stop wasting our and everyone elses time" too much to ask for?
Is social interaction to form a grp too much to ask for?
Is announcing targets like "go for their range dps/healer", "kick their kobs while we focus the slayer" or "dps shaman pls switch to heal for this sc" too much to ask for?

As it was already stated here the problem is the mindset of the players, it can be changed, I am pretty sure. ;)

" levels, renown, scenario composition, talismans, pots, and jewels"
usually the lowies fight while the rr40/26 players run towards or are actually waiting in their spawn.
Joining scs as a random you accept rngesus as your god and savior.
Talismans with 11 stats are available at a low cost everywhere. I dont think that 50str/int etc are a huge gap.
Pots are cheap, jewels purchasable for some silvercoins aswell.
Same preconditions for anyone willing to fight.
inactive on forums to avoid final ban

class imbalance = l2p issue

Bozzax

Post#30 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:12 pm

I’m afraid you guys are victims of your own effectiveness.

Even very complicated mechanics will be bypassed by players trying to avoid you or be so rigorous they turn casuals and (un)organised players into renown piñatas.

EDIT: Emblem afk:ers is another topic and not really same thing as players avoiding your group
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7