Recent Topics

Ads

Will rifters get punished?

Let's talk about... everything else
Renork

Re: Will rifters get punished?

Post#21 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:24 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Wow...you want to ban people for using rift? Are you mad?
The problem is being looked into, as per what Aza and various other people have said a few times.

Your posts always seem to revolve around nerfing rift to ****. Heck, even the fact that you have said 'only rift - not magnet' shows your bias.

People using rift to DELIBERATELY pull people through doors? Ok - fair enough.
People using rift in premades/scenarios - leave it.
People using rift INADVERTENTLY pulling people through objects, i.e. they are none the wiser - they don't deserve to be punished.

These 'nerf rift' threads are a bit monotonous. Unlike other classes, you guys seem to forget that if you severely negate this skill's effectiveness much more, there is 0 reason to play the class. 0 reason. Nerf slayers ID? Fair enough, they can still function; remove BWs aoe capabilities? they can still ST one-shot.

To be fair, the OP was asking for "punishment" and didn't explicitly say ban. The reason I mentioned AOE through the doors/walls in this argument was because it would be hypocritical to penalize people using rift/magnet to their advantage when nothing was done to the hundred's of players who rolled aoe classes strictly to defend keeps and abuse the walls. If you were here when t2 was introduced, you should remember fighting hordes of eng's popping m2 and nailing everyone through the main lord room. What about the "skilled" players who rolled bw's and used annihilate constantly and wiped warband in keeps?

Second, regardless of what Penril wants to say, magus is an underwhelming class at this point. The only "viable" spec for magi is simply to be a riftbot at this stage. You do not have sufficient points for IFOC + BoC, essential tactics are missing at this level, and either way there is not enough crit gear to make them viable anyways. You CAN go changing, but your dots are easily cleansed and eventually people will learn not to stand on a purple mist.

I'm getting the impression that people are expressing their t3 experiences based on LOTD gear. There is no such thing here, thus many classes that were considered "strong" on live will not perform the same on this emulator.

Like PeterPan said, the only reason to play a magus here is to rift. Will people still play the class if it gets removed? Sure, but not many will stick around.

Ads
Reesh

Post#22 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:30 pm

Azarael wrote:Would be easier just to block them within 500ft of keeps and have done with it.
I'm seriously voting for you to do it Az, It's breaking the keep takes at current state of the game.

Sulorie

Post#23 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:10 pm

devath wrote:Wait what.. aoe dmg that can go trough doors is bug? If you fix this then melee dps have nothing to do 99% of time when doors are up.

You can go outside and damage them, then return inside.. but when door teleport is bugged most of the time you end up dead or stuck.
Spoken like a true solo/pug player. You should feel ashamed for not knowing what to do at a keep siege as melee.
Your only excuse might be non-working postern doors.
Dying is no option.

Luth

Post#24 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:11 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Unlike other classes, you guys seem to forget that if you severely negate this skill's effectiveness much more, there is 0 reason to play the class.
M'kay, sounds conclusive.
I just wanted to start a magus, thx for clarification.

Azarael

Post#25 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:15 pm

Well, it sounds like we have multiple issues here:

1) Rift pulling through walls (missing collision data, so I can't solve this)
2) Rift pulling through doors (bad door object offsets and a bug in the code, which I can try to solve).

bwdaWAR

Post#26 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:37 pm

Just a thought: if the only reason to play a class is a single, situational use ability, riddled with bugs, then that's a clear sign that the class has some serious design flaws, and the answer isn't "leave the broken ability as it is or people won't play it". That class needs a major overhaul so it's not a one-trick pony.

Bacta
Former Staff

Post#27 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:57 pm

Azarael wrote:Well, it sounds like we have multiple issues here:

1) Rift pulling through walls (missing collision data, so I can't solve this)
2) Rift pulling through doors (bad door object offsets and a bug in the code, which I can try to solve).
I liked your idea of disabling the ability 500ft near a keep i think that is reasonable. As of right now it is pointless to even attempt to defend a keep with a smaller defense when you can get pull through walls or doors. Makes it pretty pointless. As for SC's and Open world fights i think it is fine as is.
Bacta AM|Disneys Kotbs| Wiki WP <Foreplay>
Cerebus DoK | Jasselin Chosen <Pillowtalk>

peterthepan3

Post#28 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:50 am

bwdaWAR wrote:Just a thought: if the only reason to play a class is a single, situational use ability, riddled with bugs, then that's a clear sign that the class has some serious design flaws, and the answer isn't "leave the broken ability as it is or people won't play it". That class needs a major overhaul so it's not a one-trick pony.
Noone is saying otherwise. People have known since the beginning of WAR that Magus/Engi was the gimp class without any designated role or purpose. Those of us who do play the class - and want to be effective in whatever manner that we can be - go rift because it is the only thing that can warrant bringing us to a group.

Rift is not 'riddled with bugs'; it has a few issues as of the current version in regards to range/keep stuff, but other than that it is working as intended. A class overhaul is something that would take a lot of time and resources that the team are probably wanting to use elsewhere for now (understandably)

Ads
HICKS1986
Banned

Post#29 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:59 am

Fix keeps maybe? Am I the only one saying it?

Coryphaus

Post#30 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:14 am

HICKS1986 wrote:Fix keeps maybe? Am I the only one saying it?
why say it when their already trying their darndest to